TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where in the World are Robb & Elissa??? 2014 Edition!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About to start a poo-poo storm here, but was it forceless?

You're not the only one with that question in mind. At least it has a funky original drop. And, by the way, how loud was it in person compared to other new B&Ms?

Let's just say that while the ride is a HUGE HIT for their audience as most visitors to the park have never seen anything like this, it did feel very similar to many other B&M coasters built over the last few years. I admit that I'm jaded on B&Ms as they all feel the same to me, but I've probably been on all but a handful of the world's B&Ms. So if you like this kind of ride, you'll LOVE Nitro.

Personally I was more impressed with Deep Space since the ride did "different" things, didn't feel like rides I've been on before, and had fun elements and theming around it, but I think most visitors to the park will prefer Nitro.

But that's just me...

Let's just say that while the ride is a HUGE HIT for their audience as most visitors to the park have never seen anything like this, it did feel very similar to many other B&M coasters built over the last few years. I admit that I'm jaded on B&Ms as they all feel the same to me, but I've probably been on all but a handful of the world's B&Ms. So if you like this kind of ride, you'll LOVE Nitro.

Personally I was more impressed with Deep Space since the ride did "different" things, didn't feel like rides I've been on before, and had fun elements and theming around it, but I think most visitors to the park will prefer Nitro.

But that's just me...

So, how would you compare this B&M to Hair Raiser at Ocean Park?

Edited by cfc

Nitro has a DOUBLE CORKSCREW! It has to be good!

Looks a solid ride but yeh, I agree, Each B&M type are very similar in ride experience except with one or two stand outs such as Sky Scrapper.

B&M's definitely used to be the sort of kings of the amusement parks but I really think that over the last few years other coasters are taking the top spots. That is not to say that the B&M's are bad, merely the experience they provide is not a good as some other rides cropping up.

But that's just me...

So, how would you compare this B&M to Hair Raiser at Ocean Park?

I would say its on par with Insane Speed and SFNE's Batman.

• 2 weeks later...

But that's just me...

You're absolutely right. Deep Space is more fun and with pleasant surprises.

Interesting read- Deep space was launched shortly after the theme park launch with a Bollywood celebrity, Varun Dhawan opening the ride open. However when people started visiting Imagica and started seeing the 'huge' rollercoaster right at the entrance of the park being installed and tested, the hype was created before its launch automatically.

Also Interestingly, Nitro was launched 6 months post the park launch with Imagica's first TV campaign going on air. Campaign theme- "Are you Man enough?" Umm, well!

So... this arrived today:

IMAG2096.thumb.jpg.ad115d278a754a326c128440687f843e.jpg

Despite the package being banged up, the insides were no worse for wear:

IMAG2097.thumb.jpg.3b487d8a73bbcd6bbb6f51b02206ae2d.jpg

There was the usual Bag of Crap collection of park brochures (I think I got one from every Disney resort except California):

IMAG2098.thumb.jpg.a9e4a58660e59a3126618b734b15874f.jpg

Then there was the actual "Bag" part of the "Bag of Crap" -- a snazzy bag from Adlabs Imagica:

IMAG2099.thumb.jpg.5018bae0d0f4204bc7756fb988b1bb5d.jpg

Inside was the mother lode! Seriously, there was tons of cool stuff in here. Theme Park Review gear (a string backpack, magnet, and pen), Adlabs Imagica Souvineers (brochure, mini map, hat, t-shirt, and water bottle), Travel Channel Insane Coaster Wars logo stuff (magnet and chap stick), some general India souvineers (photo postcards, art postcards, and a toy auto rickshaw), Amsterdam souvineers (a Holland magnet, an I amsterdam keychain, and some mini clogs), a Gold Rush Express magnet, and a brouchure for Theme Park planning services from Nicco Park. Oh, and a $25 Google Play gift card. Awsome!

IMAG2102.thumb.jpg.d5acca3ab270db391f1faef3262abe80.jpg

I never expected this much cool crap, and honestly playing the game was fun even without a prize. Thanks so much Robb and Elissa!