TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Not sure what you mean. A lot of coaster videos have similar angles. Or do you mean specifically of Sidewinder?

I mean specifically on Sidewinder, yeah.

And as far as spinning, it really depends on the weight distribution. I recommend the back seats, as does everyone else it seems!

Am i the only one that finds it odd taht all three rollercoasters in the area (Jaguar, SB and SS) are all similar colors? Red/orage/yellows?

Meh, whatever. It looks like a pretty sweet ride. I need to hit up Knotts for a Season Pass so i might as well jump on this puppy while im at it.

Overall, I thought it was a good ride.....it's much better and makes a lot more sense than the emasculated boat ride that it replaced!

The Good:

-The ride is smooth, runs very comfortably (although taller people might find the seats a little tight) and is a lot of fun; found myself smiling and laughing the entire time.

-I thought the best parts were the horseshoe turn above the queue and the helix, all of the banked parts

-It is a really good addition to the park for families, especially with the height requirement (they needed a good coaster the whole family could ride together and enjoy and now they have one; now if they would just make Jaguar a 42" height requirement.....)

The Not As Good:

-A little short, it could have been a little bit longer ride time

-They really, really need to run two trains. I only waited for it once due to the wait time and the unshaded line. I am hearing that the reason for only one train was due to the time constraint and trying to get it open for riders by yesterday, hopefully they will fix that soon.

-The spinning could have been a little bit better, I was expecting the cars to spin more. Only the back seemed to have a lot of spin on it.....

What's really amazing is how they fit it in. The front of Knott's is looking very RCT now with all the coasters so close together and on top of each other!

They really, really need to run two trains. I only waited for it once due to the wait time and the unshaded line. I am hearing that the reason for only one train was due to the time constraint and trying to get it open for riders by yesterday, hopefully they will fix that soon.

That's incorrect. They haven't been able to get the second train approved yet. Part of the reason for that is it hasn't been tested in enough varying conditions, a.k.a. day and night, etc.

Hey guys, working this ride has been fun, not as stressful as I'd thought it be. Sorry for the long lines. They said it would be at least 2 weeks before we start running 2 trains, they did this to Ghost Rider too when it first opened.

I noticed that cars 2 and 4 spin more than 1 and 3, and if you only have 2 people on one side and none on the other, it will spin more.

The manufacturer told us it would take some warming up for the cars to spin more.

the official "grand opening" isn't until June 18, I have no idea why. it's still a "sneak peek" ride, meaning not everything is finished. (video cameras, wheelchair lift).

I personally like the line decorations, but the station itself could be a little cooler, a supervisor said they possibly could be putting a moose head up there, but that could upset some animal rights activists... lol, can't make everyone happy.

^Holy cow! That's a significant difference!

At first I thought that it's ebcause the last car enters the first turn wiht mroe speed because the rest of the train is pulling it but after a while it becomes clear that theres something much more loose about that car.

I would be interested to know from someone who has ridden Euro-Mir how the two rides compare? They do look totally different. Euro-Mir looks visually more impressive, but then again Sidewinder could be quite intense too?

Has anyone ridden both?