TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Yes TT was a fun attraction.........when it was operating.

TT was great. It'd be great if they could bring it back (Even though that may not be realistic).

I've never been on the Racers, but I watched POV vids of them on YouTube. I feel like I'm in the minority when I say that I don't find the ride that interesting.

On Sunday, June 8th, Knott's Berry Farm will once again be taking part in the Coasting for Kids charity event benefiting Give Kids The World. Event details are below. TPR is also supporting this great cause and will have a team of riders participating! Want to join in on the fun? To learn more, head on over to our Coasting for Kids 2014 thread!

Registration time: 7:45 a.m. - Knott's western employee parking lot located off of Western Avenue

Event time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marathon will take place on: Coast Rider and Jaguar!

Meal: 12:00 p.m. in Fiesta Village

Awards ceremony time and location: 5:30 p.m. in Fiesta Village

Regular park operating hours: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Prizes: 1st place - TBD

2nd place - TBD

3rd place - Give Kids The World gift basket

Out of curiosity for those that have done this before...can Jaguar! actually start causing motion sickness after a period of time? I liken riding Jaguar! to sitting shotgun in a car. I guess what I'm asking is...how can the entire train NOT come in first on this?

EDIT: Just realized that the prizes are for fundraising...oops!

On Sunday, June 8th, Knott's Berry Farm will once again be taking part in the Coasting for Kids charity event benefiting Give Kids The World. Event details are below. TPR is also supporting this great cause and will have a team of riders participating! Want to join in on the fun? To learn more, head on over to our Coasting for Kids 2014 thread!

Registration time: 7:45 a.m. - Knott's western employee parking lot located off of Western Avenue

Event time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Marathon will take place on: Coast Rider and Jaguar!

Meal: 12:00 p.m. in Fiesta Village

Awards ceremony time and location: 5:30 p.m. in Fiesta Village

Regular park operating hours: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Prizes: 1st place - TBD

2nd place - TBD

3rd place - Give Kids The World gift basket

Out of curiosity for those that have done this before...can Jaguar! actually start causing motion sickness after a period of time? I liken riding Jaguar! to sitting shotgun in a car. I guess what I'm asking is...how can the entire train NOT come in first on this?

EDIT: Just realized that the prizes are for fundraising...oops!

No motion sickness whatsoever after staying on the full time 3 years in a row. I'm not very sensitive to motion sickness, but it gets really uncomfortable because the seats have no padding.

Does anyone have any tips on which rides/attractions to hit first or anything that's a hit or miss? The last time I went to KBF was back in '89 (I was nine at the time), so yeah--I know things has changed quite a bit. Any feedback would be most helpful. Any recommendations?

Does anyone have any tips on which rides/attractions to hit first or anything that's a hit or miss? The last time I went to KBF was back in '89 (I was nine at the time), so yeah--I know things has changed quite a bit. Any feedback would be most helpful. Any recommendations?

I typically start at the Boardwalk and go counter-clockwise around the park. For coaster order, that would be Xcelerator, Boomerang (skip if you don't care about credits), Coast Rider, Pony Express, GhostRider, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, Montezooma's Revenge, Xcelerator. Other than coasters, the only must ride attraction is the Timber Mountain Log Ride, but assuming you aren't pressed for time I'd also recommend riding Supreme Scream and the Calico Mine Ride (if it is open by the time you visit). For flat rides, if you've never been on that model ride it, but otherwise skip unless there isn't a line. Depending on when you're visiting, you could encounter anything from walk-ons to 1 hour waits for major attractions (possibly longer during holiday weekends), but if you plan a full day you should definitely be able to get everything done (don't purchase Fast Lane...rarely worth it at this park and doesn't include Xcelerator). Finally, be prepared for some major changes, as the park today is nothing like what it was when you were young (don't worry, it's still a good park, just different).

Easy. Get in when the park opens. Head right to the back right corner and ride multiple time on Xcelerator when there are no lines

It's where the soapbox racers were when you were nine

Thanks. It's been forever since I was there. I remember Monsue Revenge (sp?), the time machine dark ride, the rapids ride (I think it was called Big Foot), and the log ride. I know there was a cave/train ride if I recall. I just remember how amazing the fried chicken is there.

I typically start at the Boardwalk and go counter-clockwise around the park. For coaster order, that would be Xcelerator, Boomerang (skip if you don't care about credits), Coast Rider, Pony Express, GhostRider, Silver Bullet, Sierra Sidewinder, Montezooma's Revenge, Xcelerator. Other than coasters, the only must ride attraction is the Timber Mountain Log Ride, but assuming you aren't pressed for time I'd also recommend riding Supreme Scream and the Calico Mine Ride (if it is open by the time you visit). For flat rides, if you've never been on that model ride it, but otherwise skip unless there isn't a line. Depending on when you're visiting, you could encounter anything from walk-ons to 1 hour waits for major attractions (possibly longer during holiday weekends), but if you plan a full day you should definitely be able to get everything done (don't purchase Fast Lane...rarely worth it at this park and doesn't include Xcelerator). Finally, be prepared for some major changes, as the park today is nothing like what it was when you were young (don't worry, it's still a good park, just different).

Thank you again. I know it'll be different since I was last there. I'm kinda excited to go there. It's been ages.

Heads up for anyone visiting the park this weekend, GhostRider was running one train today and will likely be running one train for the rest of the weekend.

I was there last Thursday and it was running one train then also. I'll most likely be there this Thursday. But for some reason riptide has not be open the last 3 times I've been there.

Heads up for anyone visiting the park this weekend, GhostRider was running one train today and will likely be running one train for the rest of the weekend.

I was there last Thursday and it was running one train then also. I'll most likely be there this Thursday. But for some reason riptide has not be open the last 3 times I've been there.

Riptide has been down for a while now, they were doing some refurbishment work on it and as far as I know they are awaiting approval from the state to reopen soon. I don't work again until Friday, but hopefully Ghost will be back to two trains this week.

Riptide has been down for a while now, they were doing some refurbishment work on it and as far as I know they are awaiting approval from the state to reopen soon. I don't work again until Friday, but hopefully Ghost will be back to two trains this week.

I've yet to see you when I'm there. But the odds are good that I'll run into sooner or later.

I've yet to see you when I'm there. But the odds are good that I'll run into sooner or later.

I typically Work Friday-Sunday at GhostRider, but hours vary.

If the state has to approve their work, they are doing more than just a rehab. Something had to have been modified or someone was seriously injured if the state is involved.

If the state has to approve their work, they are doing more than just a rehab. Something had to have been modified or someone was seriously injured if the state is involved.

Yeah not sure exactly what it is since I don't work that area, it was just reported to me by a lead. I'll find out more if I can.