TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^The requirements in CA are much more stringent than in other states. Knott's have to get the state to approve the modifications to the ride. Perhaps the state saw something they didn't like?

Made a quick trip to Knott's last night around 8pm.

2 train operation on Xcelerator seems to be keeping things moving pretty well. Fast Lane over at Montezooma's absolutely murdered the wait time -- ended up being about 35 minutes to get in any seat, despite the queue being only upstairs. No management at all of how many FLers were boarding compared to the queue, just shoveling FL on.

Coast Rider wasn't trimmed at all, though. Makes for one of the better Wild Mouse layouts out there when this is the case, IMO. Line for that was only about 2 minutes as the park was closing.

Made a quick trip to Knott's last night around 8pm.

2 train operation on Xcelerator seems to be keeping things moving pretty well. Fast Lane over at Montezooma's absolutely murdered the wait time -- ended up being about 35 minutes to get in any seat, despite the queue being only upstairs. No management at all of how many FLers were boarding compared to the queue, just shoveling FL on.

Coast Rider wasn't trimmed at all, though. Makes for one of the better Wild Mouse layouts out there when this is the case, IMO. Line for that was only about 2 minutes as the park was closing.

Yeah that's definitely a challenge I see at Montezooma's when I'm up there talking to my manager. Perhaps I'll talk to them about it and see if anything can be done considering I'll likely be working monte soon.

I visited Knott's for the first time in a while last Friday. Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, the park was great! We got 7 rides on Xcelerator throughout the day. Even on a crowded day, two train operations limited the line to no more than 20 mins maybe. Everything was running really well IMO. Flyers were great, I even snapped them! Wipeout was running really well, that ride is just sorta insane. Overall the park just looked and felt great! Log Ride and Monte looked good too! GhostRider in the backseat at the end of the night was batsh*t crazy!

I see the future for this park looking great! A re-do of Calico Mine Ride will be great! There's potential for anything with Raffi and Matt Ouimet behind the wheel. GhostRider could REALLY benefit from a RMC topper track overhaul and new RMC trains. That layout has some SERIOUS potential for an amazing top ten woodie! I really hope something happens with that soon.

Also regarding future additions, I noticed something with the Boardwalk and surrounding area. When Windseeker was announced, it was supposed to take Sky Cabin's spot, then moved, keeping Sky Cabin still running. Also when Boomerang was closed for repainting, it could have gotten new trains like Carolina Cobra, but that was not the case. Now maybe I'm reaching too far, but I see these both as indications that both rides may be on the way out soon. The opportunity to enhance the Sky Cabin/Wipeout/Boomerang area (which IMO, is the most lacking area in the park) was missed in two cases. I'd really like the whole area to be redone with the addition of a new thrilling coaster. I think Windseeker makes up for Sky Cabin's loss, Wipeout can be relocated inside the park, Boomerang relocated in the chain, and replaced with a new coaster. Maybe a B&M Mega?? The park has been constantly adding family attractions (some may argue against Windseeker) since Silver Bullet in '04 (which have been generally great except Pony Express) and I think it's time that we see a new major coaster to help complete and round out KBF!

Maybe I'm just dreaming...

I'm going to be in Irvine for work next week and hope to swing by Knotts Wed & Thurs evenings for a few hours each since I have a platinum pass. Any tips? Will I want to pick up a fast pass?

You shouldn't need Fast Lane if you're going on a weekday evening. The longest lines you'll probably face are Montezooma's (depending on how they're managing FL), and Ghostrider, neither of which should top 30 minutes.

Was there last night and was able to hit Sidewinder, Jaguar, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, and Ghostrider in under 2 hours.

My dream is for this joke to end and Elvira to replace Ed Alonzo.

Fixed infinity!

Meh...I'm not sold on 61 year old fake boobs. They should have gone with Weird Al if they wanted a throwback to the old days!

Fixed infinity!

Meh...I'm not sold on 61 year old fake boobs. They should have gone with Weird Al if they wanted a throwback to the old days!

The great thing about 61 year old fake boobs is that they look just like 18 year old fake boobs. In fact, fake boobs that are 10 years burried look like 18 year old fake boobs. Just brown and leathery. So... ...tan 18 year old boobs!

Any way you look at them, they still look like 18 year old fake boobs. So, count me in!

Guy "Weird Al needs to get fake boobs to put the icing on his otherwise flawless image." Koepp

I visited Knott's for the first time in a while last Friday. Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, the park was great! We got 7 rides on Xcelerator throughout the day. Even on a crowded day, two train operations limited the line to no more than 20 mins maybe. Everything was running really well IMO. Flyers were great, I even snapped them! Wipeout was running really well, that ride is just sorta insane. Overall the park just looked and felt great! Log Ride and Monte looked good too! GhostRider in the backseat at the end of the night was batsh*t crazy!

I see the future for this park looking great! A re-do of Calico Mine Ride will be great! There's potential for anything with Raffi and Matt Ouimet behind the wheel. GhostRider could REALLY benefit from a RMC topper track overhaul and new RMC trains. That layout has some SERIOUS potential for an amazing top ten woodie! I really hope something happens with that soon.

Also regarding future additions, I noticed something with the Boardwalk and surrounding area. When Windseeker was announced, it was supposed to take Sky Cabin's spot, then moved, keeping Sky Cabin still running. Also when Boomerang was closed for repainting, it could have gotten new trains like Carolina Cobra, but that was not the case. Now maybe I'm reaching too far, but I see these both as indications that both rides may be on the way out soon. The opportunity to enhance the Sky Cabin/Wipeout/Boomerang area (which IMO, is the most lacking area in the park) was missed in two cases. I'd really like the whole area to be redone with the addition of a new thrilling coaster. I think Windseeker makes up for Sky Cabin's loss, Wipeout can be relocated inside the park, Boomerang relocated in the chain, and replaced with a new coaster. Maybe a B&M Mega?? The park has been constantly adding family attractions (some may argue against Windseeker) since Silver Bullet in '04 (which have been generally great except Pony Express) and I think it's time that we see a new major coaster to help complete and round out KBF!

Maybe I'm just dreaming...

Glad to here you had a great day! I agree with all of your points and feel the park has so much potential to improve drastically over the next few years. In other news, I should be getting cross trained to Monte within the next week or so which means I should be able to operate it for WCB ERT .

Thanks for posting these Knott's Scary Farm preview night pics David. Is the Haunted Log Ride not coming back this year? It was down the night I did Knott's Scary Farm two years ago.

Fixed infinity!

The great thing about 61 year old fake boobs is that they look just like 18 year old fake boobs. In fact, fake boobs that are 10 years burried look like 18 year old fake boobs. Just brown and leathery. So... ...tan 18 year old boobs!

Any way you look at them, they still look like 18 year old fake boobs. So, count me in!

Guy "Weird Al needs to get fake boobs to put the icing on his otherwise flawless image." Koepp

I can't believe Elvira is 61. She looks great, and not just her boobs but her legs too. She is like the Dolly Parton of the horror-comedy world, although she definitely looks younger/better than Dolly. And by the way I'd say the fake boobs look more like 35 year old fake boobs than 18 year old ones, not that it's a bad thing though.

Thanks for posting these Knott's Scary Farm preview night pics David. Is the Haunted Log Ride not coming back this year? It was down the night I did Knott's Scary Farm two years ago.

We were told that there are no plans for it to return. "No plans to return" and "It will never return" are two different things - so it's possible it may show up again years down the road - but who knows. They just spent a massive amount of money upgrading the ride, and I'm sure they want to keep everything as nice as possible. Having people in there scaring takes its toll on the show scenes so I do understand the decision. However, I will also say that I'm going to miss the Haunt overlay. It was always a highlight of Haunt for me, and something that differentiated them from the competition.

On this note - don't miss the Mine Ride overlay this year! The Mine Ride is likely to undergo a similar restoration as the Log Ride after this Haunt season, so it will see some changes, and who knows if it will continue to be Haunted or not. I wouldn't take any chances just in case this is the last time it gets a Haunt overlay.

We were told that there are no plans for it to return. "No plans to return" and "It will never return" are two different things - so it's possible it may show up again years down the road - but who knows. They just spent a massive amount of money upgrading the ride, and I'm sure they want to keep everything as nice as possible. Having people in there scaring takes its toll on the show scenes so I do understand the decision. However, I will also say that I'm going to miss the Haunt overlay. It was always a highlight of Haunt for me, and something that differentiated them from the competition.

On this note - don't miss the Mine Ride overlay this year! The Mine Ride is likely to undergo a similar restoration as the Log Ride after this Haunt season, so it will see some changes, and who knows if it will continue to be Haunted or not. I wouldn't take any chances just in case this is the last time it gets a Haunt overlay.

I was able to go on the Haunted Mine Ride two years ago, but the Log Ride happened to not be operating that Friday night I visited. It was one of the things I was looking forward to doing the most at Halloween Haunt, but I still had a great time there. I always thought, I'll do that next time...I guess not. But years down the road they may do it again. I hope the mine ride gets the overall next year, it has so much potential. I've always loved Timber Mountain Log Ride, it was the first log flume that I recall ever riding a year or two before Splash Mountain opened. I can see where Splash Mountain got its inspiration. I'm glad they updated it.