TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

What if the new Boardwalk BBQ building is really a new Boardwalk BBQ but is really part of the new ride? Maybe the station or part of a show building.

Grab a half-rack of ribs on the way out of the station. That's my kind of ride.

Does Sol Spin seem to be positively received at KBF?

I have been several days when it has been open and ridden it at least 20 times. I have only heard one person complain to the ride operators that the cycle is too short and only flips twice but other people could be thinking it. Everyone else seems happy but I doubt the average customer has compared this version to any other Top Scan video on Youtube and seen we got the shortest ride program version yet. Even the two other Cedar Fair parks in North America have longer ride cycles than Sol Spin.

:lol: Anybody that physically went up to the ride operator and used the phrase "the cycle is too short" is an enthusiast and their opinion should be immediately disregarded.

Exactly my thoughts!

Ride Operator's reaction:

:lol: Anybody that physically went up to the ride operator and used the phrase "the cycle is too short" is an enthusiast and their opinion should be immediately disregarded.

Maybe if they used the exact word "cycle", but I'm pretty sure even my younger kids know a "too short" ride when they ride it! Heck, if I don't push them on the swings long enough, I'm sure to hear about it!

Webcam is back just in time for Coast Rider to valley with riders. The car is still rocking back and fourth at the bottom of the first drop This should be interesting to watch.

You always have impeccable luck with webcams. First you saw TTD roll back, now this. I don't see the valleyed car, but another one is stopped at the top of the lift hill.

I really don't know why I have such good luck with these things, I usually only check this one like once every few days. When I turned it on I just saw the train going back and fourth at the bottom of the first drop and a car stuck up at the top.

The Gatekeeper valley I saw a few weeks ago was the same way, I turned it on real quick, thought "wow... what a miserable, windy day" and was about to turn it off until I saw a Gatekeeper train leave the station. At that point I sort of figured I should keep watching since that was the most predictable valley ever.

But yeah, I only looked today since everyone was talking about it in this thread. I've got to say... if I were in that top car I'd be a little freaked out. I know block brakes get checked every day but if I had just disengaged the lift and seen a car at the bottom of the drop that would be a scary couple of seconds.

I just had a horrifying thought. What if the renewed relationship is Intamin but the ride is a low capacity impulse coaster?

That really is a horrifying thought, and I think it is highly, highly doubtful. That would bring nothing new to the park (they already have an inverted coaster, 3 launched coasters, and a shuttle coaster), and if Knott's is trying to "up their game" to prepare for Star Wars Land in 2019 (from what I've heard...), an impulse coaster clone just won't do it, unless there was something incredibly unique about it.

Based on the statements from Cedar Fair recently, I think we can rule out B&M all together (which is surprising), unless the "completely new coaster" is from B&M, which is doubtful. I used to be against the idea, but an RMC T-Rex actually seems like a reasonable guess at this point. Who knows, maybe Cedar Fair got some huge package deal or something with RMC for 2018. Time will tell.

It looks like almost all of the backwards lift track is down and it appears they're still working as of this morning which is a little surprising. I wonder if they'll have that whole back section of the park closed off today?

That crane must be very expensive and charging by the hour/day.