TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schlitterbahn Kansas - Verrückt Water Slide

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boooooooo! Hisssssss!!!! They neutered the crap out of this ride before anyone has even ridden it. That's just sad. More than half of the drop has brakes.

TAER IT DOWN!!!!!

Boooooooo! Hisssssss!!!! They neutered the crap out of this ride before anyone has even ridden it. That's just sad. More than half of the drop has brakes.

TAER IT DOWN!!!!!

You're seriously over-reacting (The thread title? Really?). This slide has not been neutered. To everyone else, this is how the slide will be upon opening and this will be how everyone else remembers it the first time they ride.

It still looks really fun. Why is this slide so "tear it down" terrible now? Do you seriously think that they would remove this record-braking water slide that works safely all the time? For all I care I'll gladly take your place in the queue (if I ever get to visit Schitterbahn Kansas, that is).

I never knew they could put trim brakes on a water slide...lol

I will also say that my biggest beef with the Master Blaster type of water coasters is that they stall out as they get to the top of the hill. You lose all your momentum and then have to wait for the water pressure to build up behind you to push you over the top. The magnetic ones are better bc they basically deliver a constant upward force. But my favorite are the conveyor belt ones like Black Anaconda at Noah's Ark bc you zip over the top of the hills. I was hoping Verrukt would still have some zip. It also looks like the drop doesn't go all the way to the ground anymore.

I'm sure it will still be fun, but I don't know if it'll be epic anymore. I'm certainly doubting whether I'd make the trek out to KC to ride it. The original, I probably would have found a way. This one, it's a solid maaaybe.

TAER IT DOWN!!!!!

id rather they do what they have to do to make it safe. You don't want all the bad publicity Action Park in NJ got in the 80's and mid 90's. The ride still looks pretty cool.

This slide has not been neutered.

It physically has been reprofiled. Whether or not the experience would've been different and/or better is only up to whether someone actually experienced the original version. Like I said, it still looks really fun, but not as extreme as expected.

Edit: I am thinking (or at least hoping) that it was a joke with the thread rename and insults fired at it.

image.jpg.28eba3128428d285dc4ff0922e3cfec3.jpg

Edited by Koasterking48

Edit: I am thinking (or at least hoping) that it was a joke with the thread rename and insults fired at it.

Thanks for picking up on it. Reading my post back I can see how it would go over some heads.

I was mostly joking, but I'm still pretty disappointed with how incredibly slow it crawls through the hill.

Edit - Also, "taer it down" (spelled that way for a reason) I was hoping would be the tip-off to the veterans of this site.

Are we all forgetting that there was a report of a raft possibly going airborn on the drop during initial testings? Besides, the slide does what it's supposed to, which is to be the tallest in the world. Going down that drop is still going to be pretty exciting, and with less chances of injury.

I don't think that we could equate the two rides. The use of a raft drastically changes the ride. I think they each have their own thrills.

Regardless, I would love to take a spin on the new tallest water slide in the world.

A POV of Verruckt has been posted by Schlitterbahn!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W7YPDU6nrg

Okay... Not going to lie... I was super excited for this ride. But the pov just looks disappointing. We need to wait for ride reviews to get a real idea of how it rides. But thus far it looks super disappointing compared to the "test slide" we first saw. I would rather have had the 80ft tall test version the way it was compared to this. But that's just my opinion.

I haven't been following this too closely, but I thought it was pretty clear once we saw pictures of water jets on the uphill portion that this thing wouldn't be sending rafts airborne. I mean that, and the fact that Schlitterbahn isn't Action Park.