TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR and Theme Park Artwork

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Running of the bulls... I'm guessing some sort of bull-themed coaster (El Toro, Raging Bull, El Toro Europe).

Netdvn - I LOVE your park maps... But I couldn't figure out what I'm looking at if my hard drive depended on it! the smae thing that makes them so wonderful to look at - the amazing detail, is also something that makes them confusing to look at. May I suggest using selective wide outlines to bring out certain things? Or perhaps even color? Because I'd hate for you to make less detailed drawings, but I do want to be able to see everything in the park at once.

This is an issue that I'm really trying to work out. I've been trying to follow your advice and working with color as well as making some of the lines bolder in order to make things easier to see. So far it's working out pretty well and I'll definitely use it more on complicated drawings where the subject is hard to spot because all the details blend together.

I've got some new drawings posted on my Facebook fan page and my Flickr page (including some of my experimental color drawings). Don't forget to become a fan on Facebook for regular updates and check out the Flickr page for more detailed descriptions of my artwork.

Click here for the fan page.

^ Running of the bulls... I'm guessing some sort of bull-themed coaster (El Toro, Raging Bull, El Toro Europe).

Heh, actually, no, it was Firehawk at Kings Island. From what I understand the park-opening-dash is called the running of the bulls regardless of what the ride is.

This is an issue that I'm really trying to work out. I've been trying to follow your advice and working with color as well as making some of the lines bolder in order to make things easier to see. So far it's working out pretty well and I'll definitely use it more on complicated drawings where the subject is hard to spot because all the details blend together.

Awesome I'm glad to hear it's working out for yuo. Just a little tip: I personally love workign with proffessional pantone/artline/whatever markers. They end up looking soooo nice. Even if they are rather pricy and you have to be careful with 'em.

the comic, haha, can't wait to see what your running too!

Thank you very much!

I'm rushing to finish the book in time for the August comics festival... I also plan on flying to New York in October and visit new york comic con, so if anyone lives in the area y'all can come buy a book first hand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow! Haven't posted anything on here for a while. Let me know if you want me to post more on here!

PROJECT 2010: Relaunch is scheduled to come this fall!

*Edit* Decided to remove the cartoon character drawings. So I don't get into major trouble...

Edited by ben2008

TPR has an art thread? Nice! I have a couple of things to show then! ^^

First off, some rather old concept art, I'm pretty sure you can recognize what park this is if you've been following my parks:

Now, who can't resist a ride on one of these? I know I can't:

The town of Nosno (pronounced 'no snow'), which seldom had a cold season, had a bit of a shock last night. Boy were they unprepared for a blizzard:

Sign says:

"Nosno

Population: 50

Elevation: 5,000

The only snow-free town in the area!"

Just something quick I did when I was supposed to be working on something else in class:

Another small sketch I did in class, colorized:

Yes, Mark got frustrated with a computer and decided to take matters into his own hands. Who will win in this battle between technology and nature?

And finally, some 'modern art' so to speak. Interpret it in any way you want:

• 1 month later...

Its been a while since I've posted anything here!

Apocalypse... Inspired by Lagoon's Wicked

Riders are sent hurtling through the ruins of a city, abandoned many decades after an apocalypse wiped out the world's population.

Launched from an outpost amidst the ruins, guests are launched up a 150 foot tower at 50 mph and sent plummeting into a 98 degree drop. The track twists and turns through the ruins as riders are sent upside down 7 times.

Only the bravest of riders can truly uncover the secrets of this post-apocalyptic world.

Become a fan for constant updates as well as other works of art!.

Higher quality image right here.

apocalypse.thumb.JPG.ccc0fa24fc392643cea023f06ed8bd88.JPG

Early progress shots

134662140_apocalypsecomplete.JPG.b8011b21343b97b39e12dba6bd84b783.JPG

The finished product

• 4 weeks later...
Holy freakin'...

WOW, man!

Oh my god dude, that...is flat out stunning.
Daaang, you've got some serious talent dude.

Thanks everyone!!

Do you guys like the background on it? It took a while to do.

Also, here's a bonus park: Funland Amusement Park - Final Phase #6!

1908410364_FunlandParkPhase6small.jpg.6bdef9e929fa7d2d44ff8dfa87ae6edf.jpg

Just when I thought your work couldn't get any more stunning...just...I'm floored!

Actually, have you considered doing prints of your artwork before? I'd buy a copy of both!

Thanks again Ace of Spades! Really appreciate it!

It's a possibility, but Project 2010 isn't scanned due to it's size (14x17). Funland Amusement Park is scanned, just not sure yet...

If they were available for print, possibly everyone on here would buy them in a heartbeat.

Edit: After graduating, I found out about the laws of graphic design. So no...

Edited by ben2008

• 1 month later...
Just when I thought your work couldn't get any more stunning...just...I'm floored!

Actually, have you considered doing prints of your artwork before? I'd buy a copy of both!

Thanks again Ace of Spades! Really appreciate it!

It's a possibility, but Project 2010 isn't scanned due to it's size (14x17). Funland Amusement Park is scanned, just not sure yet...

If they were available for print, possibly everyone on here would buy them in a heartbeat.

Many art websites allow for prints like dA... As long as you upload a high quality image, you'll be able to get some high quality prints.

I love that map! How long did you it take you to complete it?

Here is a recent update to my Hersheypark drawing:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53239&start=40

Let me know what you all think!

This one is the second version which took a while (maybe 6 months, compared to the 4-months completing the first version). Although I had a couple (or multiple) dry spells from it over those months completing it. Other than that, it's officially DONE!

Right now, I'm just waiting for it to get framed.