TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

Bit of a bummer I have to mis that. Didn't expect them to do that today after seeing it yesterday, felt like there where more things to be done. Anyways it looks good perhaps I'm going again this weekend.

Also they removed more scaffolding today, revealing more of the building. Man I love twitter all good parts get captured of the construction.

Found this picture, really like it:

B_MWMzIUQAA7pqz.jpg

Source.

The station theming looks excellent, as you'd expect from Efteling. For example, I think the queue and station for Flying Dutchman are the best parts of the attraction.

Today they hit apparently a bumb on the construction. I have no idea how big of a problem it is but today the 4 arches (2 underneath the platform and connecting to the tower, and 2 big ones to connect the supports) didn't Seemingly fit, after several tries they left one hanging and the others where put on the truck again. Not a happy day on the site I guess.

Trying but it didn't fit:

B_QRzT6VAAA3Jru.jpg

Despite hanging at the side of the yellow band the arch isn't connected ( Seeing the other picture's the other side doesn't fit they did the same as here):

B_PrbWhWoAAItoA.jpg

Source.

Let's just hope this doesn't end up causing a big delay, would be quite a bummer.

Update: I didn't knew today there would be a gathering for reaching the highest point, Let's just hope the arch took too much time and decided to quit early for the party. Tomorrow there is another day, right?

Looks like it fits after all...

B_VXCOzWQAA5--O.jpg

Yeah, I figured that some people were just jumping to conclusions. Many times on projects like these, things aren't always as they seem. And someone just "taking pictures" and making assumptions never will have the full information of why certain things happen. I see stuff like this on projects all the time. It's not out of the ordinary.

Looking good, good to see they didn't miscalculate and it was just too time consuming yesterday. I made my post just on the information on hand so personally I had no idea why they quit yesterday.

Construction seems to carry on quite nicely these days, you can see a lot of progression comparing it to pictures of last Sunday.

Looks great! That drop seems to be less steep than the other small size dive machines, unless its just the angle.

I also get that impression. I like how unsupported the drop looks.

However, am I the only one who feels that dive machines (given that they're mostly about the first drop) should have bigger drops (like sheikra and griffon)? I mean, this ride surely looks nice (especially with all the theming) and I'm sure it'll be fun but I get the feeling that if (for whatever reason) you want to go with a "small" coaster maybe there are better options (inverts, megalite-ish rides,...). As dive machines don't have that much more to give apart from the first (and occasionally second) drop those should be "epic". I know there are great small drops around but I keep wondering about this.

Looks great! That drop seems to be less steep than the other small size dive machines, unless its just the angle.

I also get that impression. I like how unsupported the drop looks.

However, am I the only one who feels that dive machines (given that they're mostly about the first drop) should have bigger drops (like sheikra and griffon)? I mean, this ride surely looks nice (especially with all the theming) and I'm sure it'll be fun but I get the feeling that if (for whatever reason) you want to go with a "small" coaster maybe there are better options (inverts, megalite-ish rides,...). As dive machines don't have that much more to give apart from the first (and occasionally second) drop those should be "epic". I know there are great small drops around but I keep wondering about this.

Hmm I see your point here, but I think for the GP - they really won't question the size of the coaster like we would in comparison to other coasters they could have gone with. Even as a smaller Dive Machine, it'll certainly be a hit with the GP and a big ticket-sales generator for the park. That said, I really like seeing the variety and number of Dive Machines that have gone up in the past few years. 10 years ago, I would have never guessed the success and variety of installations of this, what I would consider, 'niche' product. Bravo to B&M!

After looking at it closer, I agree.. The vertical angle looks almost identical to Sheikra's 87 degree second drop. The height looks comparable as well. Regardless, it will *feel* like 90 degrees when you're screaming down it!

^You're right when you say guests won't be comparing it to other dive machines but then most people who go to Thorpe Park won't compare stealth with kingda ka or TTD and it's still a similar story: those rides are about speed and height and given that stealth isn't that tall or fast.

^You're right when you say guests won't be comparing it to other dive machines but then most people who go to Thorpe Park won't compare stealth with kingda ka or TTD and it's still a similar story: those rides are about speed and height and given that stealth isn't that tall or fast.

Agreed - totally get your point. As enthusiasts, we're way more observant about these things (dare i say *critical* ha!) than the GP. In any respect, she sure is a beauty! It's really amazing to see parks outside of Disney and Universal put so much effort (and money) into theming. Seems pretty rare these days.