TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

^That's awesome to hear! Also, looking at the larger map, I just realized that the Disneyland Expansion will actually be adding new real estate to the park as well! I *hope* that the new Frozen area does this somehow (even though its not in the drawing). Either going over or under the monorail and road there. A guy can dream right?

I'm guessing they don't feel the need to go over the berm at TDS yet. The parking lots behind the park will most likely be used for additional ports or an expansion of the existing ports in that area.

I woke up late to this....

Awesome concept art for Scandinavia/Arendelle and the new Alice in

Wonderland area. And in Scandinavia it appears to me like the castle

itself won't be the entryway to the E-Ticket attraction. More likely,

these mine-like entrances (and exits?) just under where Elsa's ice castle

is. Or, you enter through these, and exit into the gift shop, which

'happens' to be the castle itself.

Whatever the case, it's wonderful that it's all Official now.

Woo hoo!

Arendelle-04.jpg.64449555427b81ca838e785e632de436.jpg

Over here in this area, might be where the queues and entrys are

for the big E-ticket ride in Arendelle/Scandinavia.

resize_of_img_2918.jpg.bee9d4c936b643b07397a839624c7ca1.jpg

Reminder shot #1 - Where the show building for the new port will be. (taken from the monorail)

resize_of_img_2947.jpg.bdf6a347b7882e2118e3c57df90ebc86.jpg

Reminder shot #2 - Where the new castle will be in the distance. And all of Arendelle on the right, there. (o:

(taken from the closest bridge, across the waterway)

Every time I look at the drawings I see new things! On the Norway Pavilion, I mean, Port .. there is also some Nordic Structures on the other side of the bridge (at the bottom of the image).

I remember a few pages back, Robb mentioned the size of the area is as large as the Arabian Coast, and it is. So I really hope they put in more then just the E Ticket as far as rides go. There so many little stories that can be told with all the characters and many different locations within the film. It lends itself well to multiple rides... if the space it there....

^ I highlighted the section, where OCL mentions the attractions number.

Of course, things will change as the eventual details are worked on.

But it would be nice if there are in fact, "multiple major attractions" as stated.

thumb_image_11318.jpg.3a5cf0bb3de5a6f3061f75a110f99466.jpg

Let's see here - one E-ticket Ride, a Stage Show,

maybe a "C" ticket ride. That's good for a start. (o;

Edited by Nrthwnd

Their most recent press release still maintains they are planning to add multiple attractions in the port. Not sure whether that means more than one E-ticket though. The budget for the Frozen E-ticket is double the budget of other E-tickets, so the rest of the attractions could possibly be smaller scale to compensate (like Cars Land). I'm hoping for an additional boat ride, possibly themed to vikings. There's definitely a lot of ideas to be had here.

^ True. And like I said, till they start actually building it all, we'll never

really know what's what. Thankfully, there is still some fun in "not knowing..."

By the way, Chris, that building on the other side of the Port looks like the stave church

that sits in front of EPCOT's old Maels- pardon, new-to-be Frozen attraction.

And the gazebo there looks lovely, too.

Also, if you look at the artwork on the upper right edge of it, you can see the start of the

probable connecting path to the Lost River Delta. On the other side of the waterway.

Very nice.

StaveChruch.jpg.15dfe43fa69b9ece5e2475cd7d1e1f27.jpg

Look familiar? (o:

108428046_ResizeofIMG_2878.JPG.94d01eb825add8bd381cb99b13a68eba.JPG

This is where the new pathway from the new port, should connect. Lost River Delta! (TPR 2013 Japan Tour)

I'm assuming we'll actually see something a lot like Cars Land at DCA for the new Frozen Land. A major awesome E-Ticket, two smaller support attractions, meet and greets, shops, food, and great theming. So yeah, basically take Cars Land, change it to Arendelle, and put it in Japan. It's going to RULE!!!!!

I'm assuming we'll actually see something a lot like Cars Land at DCA for the new Frozen Land. A major awesome E-Ticket, two smaller support attractions, meet and greets, shops, food, and great theming. So yeah, basically take Cars Land, change it to Arendelle, and put it in Japan. It's going to RULE!!!!!

And Given What Tokyo Disney does with Disney attractions, At It's worst, It'll be cranked to 11.

Not a fan of the "Frozen Land" name personally, With that, Cars Land, and Avatar Land they all sound really generic. Like If Wizarding World Of Harry Potter was Called Wizard Land.

And Given What Tokyo Disney does with Disney attractions, At It's worst, It'll be cranked to 11.

Not a fan of the "Frozen Land" name personally, With that, Cars Land, and Avatar Land they all sound really generic. Like If Wizarding World Of Harry Potter was Called Wizard Land.

I'd be surprised if thats what DisneySea settled on considering how serious they take the theme of the park. Since it's another port I wouldn't be too surprised if they went with something like Arendelle Fjord or just Arendelle.

They're referring to it as a "Scandinavian" port, which can include "Frozen."

This looks fantastic! I have always wanted to go to Japan, but now that I in a few years can go to Scandinavia IN Japan I definately have to go. Given all the praise that this park gets, I'm sure they will do an amazing job with it. Having Frozen there doesn't hurt either...

They will almost certainly follow the naming pattern found in every other land at TDS. I expect the official name to be something like Scandinavian Fjord, as that is the emphasis of the area and not Frozen by itself.

If this press release came from Paris my first response would be 'this will not be as good as the concept art at all, not even close.'' This coming from Tokyo, well the Oriental Land Co., the first thing that pops up in my mind is something like ''oh yes, this is gonna be awesome''. I never had the joy of visiting the Tokyo resort, however based on reports in recent years, this will make the resort and especially DisneySEA the ultimate goal for us.

"Oh, we're on the Transit Steamer Line to Duffy's Port *FROZEN* Scandi Land!"

(I'll stop now.)

2056804722_ResizeofIMG_2959.JPG.f96a254e6c65a70ada390081aec43d39.JPG

Yeah, I can tell they're happy to be heading there. (TPR 2013 Japan Tour) :p

Amazing!

I love both the Beauty and the beast, alice in wonderland and Arendelle/Scandinavia areas. I LOVE THEM ALL!!! I'm so happy this gives me an excuse to visit Tokyo again in a few years time!

We all know TDL & TDS will do this right. How long do you all think this will take? I've only been following tokyo disneyland resort in the past 2 years. Compared to previous builds, will they finish within the deadline? I could imagine the Japanese being quite efficient.

^ The previous information, rumors, whathaveyou, suggest that this will be a nine year timeline, with everything done (in both parks) by 2023. The most recent information suggests that this new Port in Disney Sea will/may be open "after fiscal year 2017," meaning (to me) April 2018 or beyond.

Hope that helps you. (And have a great time at HKDL when you go there, next year!)

I think the total amount over 10 years is just that, like a guideline. Id think that these additions will open within the next 3 years, as that's a typical timeline for these things. I mean...I hope they didn't release all this info and are going to spread it across 10 years....that would be crazy! No one has an attention span that would last that long and everyone would forget, haha.

My thoughts on it, are that they will (hopefully) open the new Scandi Port in TDS in the next few years,

and then "everybody" will be over there while TDL's expansion is being worked on.

I also don't think they will work on the new Alice in Wonderland area of TDL, until the new IAsW is built,

and up and running. Then they will shut the old IAsW down and start working on the Alice expansion.

Or, none of the above, lol!