TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totals have been updated for my offer.

Updated totals for those who have taken my offer to write new park reviews for the Park Index

Nicole at $6

Bobby at $1

gromithere at $10

Kumba830 at $4

Nozzy at $12

PhantomNick at $15

Shirley at $9

thrillgeek at $1

That's $58 so far

To date: Team TPR's 78 riders are closing in on $9,000 in pledges.

Edited by larrygator

Larry,

I put reviews up for Deno's Wonder Wheel Park, Astroland (You don't have to count this one, but since the Cyclone is still labeled as Astroland, I put that review there), DelGrosso's, Quassy, Lake Compounce, and Palace Playland.

Also you don't have to do the $1 for the Luna park review since that had been my mistake on putting a double review out there. With Denos, Delgrosso's, Quassy, Lake Compounce, and Palace Playland, that's an even $5.

Interested in checking out Toronto and Leviathan over Leviathan Bash Weekend?

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Click here to find out more!

Still waiting on the first bid! If you make the first bid, I'll donate $5.00 to the rider of your choice!

The time limit for my offer has expired I've just donated the following to the riders listed below.

Nicole at $6

Bobby at $1

gromithere at $10

Kumba830 at $4

Nozzy at $12

PhantomNick at $15

Shirley at $9

thrillgeek at $1

Edited by larrygator

Since I've seen others have the great idea to get donations by offering to update their TR threads, I guess I'll throw myself into the ring as well:

$25 raised will get a detailed report of Transformers at USH as soon as it soft opens.

$50 will revive my Sports Venue PTR thread with the Angel stadium tour.

So my Forst Filesthread has been updated with Delgrosso's, Hershey Park, and Bonus look at the Bournemouth Pier.

Knoebel's from July 2011 is up next, remember if you want to see my TPR NE trip pictures, and some reports from years past, as well as a TR from Great Adventure this weekend, donate!

The time limit for my offer has expired I've just donated the following to the riders listed below.

gromithere at $10

Thanks larrygator, but nothing showed up on my page that a donation came through from you. Did you perhaps donate to another rider by mistake? If that's the case, I'm not super worried about it going to me if it went to another rider.

Amberville Train Station is home to games and activities for all ages. Outside, JJ's Express takes guests for a ride around the perimeter of the train station. This specially-designed minature train is fully accessible and has the volunteer conductor seated in the second car, allowing for kids to be honorary engineers and sit up front.

Inside, the highlight is a large model train set equipped with interactive buttons that control the trains and other special effects. Remote control boats, billiards and the latest video and arcade games are all available on free-play. Families can also check-out fishing poles and head down to the fishing dock, or clubs for a round of mini-golf out back...more on that later!

The flags flying to the right of Amberville are representative of the home countries of our international guests and are changed out each week. Currently we have 19 international families on property, hailing from Canada, Ireland, Israel, France and the UK.

639906479_0120Amberville.JPG.f6ac569a207857112b64e7905c17886b.JPG

gromithere at $10

I just checked and never got an e-mail confirmation on yours, so I re-submitted and verifed that is appears on your page. Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks larrygator, but nothing showed up on my page that a donation came through from you. Did you perhaps donate to another rider by mistake? If that's the case, I'm not super worried about it going to me if it went to another rider.

After reading all of these wonderful posts on the village, I went to the Give Kids the World Website and read even more amazing things. Thanks for all you are doing to make such a magical place for families.

After reading all of these wonderful posts on the village, I went to the Give Kids the World Website and read even more amazing things. Thanks for all you are doing to make such a magical place for families.

I suggest looking up Give Kids the World on Youtube as well. That's what got me even more motivated.

...and thank you larrygator.

Nicole at $6

Bobby at $1

gromithere at $10

Kumba830 at $4

Nozzy at $12

PhantomNick at $15

Shirley at $9

thrillgeek at $1

Thank you for the donation! Much appreciated!!!

Larry, thank you very much for the donation!! I really appreciate it!

Kara, the train station looks awesome! Good stuff.

I think it's incredibly cool that Team TPR is closing in on hitting $10,000 raised! Way to go everyone, and let's keep those donations coming in!

I'm getting paid next week, so that means I'll finally be able to donate to some people!

I'll donate as much as I can afford...things like this makes me hate the fact that I get paid once a month! If I was paid bi-weekly or weekly, budgeting can be so much easier. /rant

I'm getting paid next week, so that means I'll finally be able to donate to some people!

I'll donate as much as I can afford...things like this makes me hate the fact that I get paid once a month! If I was paid bi-weekly or weekly, budgeting can be so much easier. /rant

Word. I hate being paid once a month too. It makes me crazy, lol. It's like I can only plan to do things in the middle of the months, because that's when I know most of the money will be available.

I'll be donating to more people in the next couple weeks as well.

Are you coming to Toronto, maybe for the awesomeness that will be Leviathan Bash Weekend?

Up for auction, benefiting Coasting for Kids, is a two night stay for two in Uptown Toronto at the Novotel Toronto – North York

Centrally located in a prime spot between Canada's Wonderland and Downtown Toronto!

Auction extended to June 1 at noon! This will hopefully allow people to confirm any time off requests with their jobs.

Click here to find out more!

One bid so far! Don't let this slip away--just under five days left!

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

Word. I hate being paid once a month too. It makes me crazy, lol. It's like I can only plan to do things in the middle of the months, because that's when I know most of the money will be available.

I'll be donating to more people in the next couple weeks as well.

I tend to go more towards the end of the month until I start to actually do stuff, because I'm always paranoid that something will happen and I wont have the money to cover it.

What helps is that all my bills hit on the beginning of the month, so I just generally coast the rest of the month.

I know this is so not going to help, because I'll be wanting to donate to practically everyone. My poor checking account is going to be so abused...

Current Team TPR totals are over $9,130! (The parks on the front page need a little updating) It shouldn't be hard to break $10K

very soon!

As of 1:34 am (PDT)

California's Great America - $984.00

Canada's Wonderland - $755.53

Carowinds - $430.00

Cedar Point - $645.00

Dorney Park - $1589.00

King's Dominion - $1008.34

Kings Island - $501.88

Knott's Berry Farm - $2169.57

Michigan's Adventure - $575.03

Valleyfair! - $225.77