TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coasting for Kids 2012 - Be part of Team TPR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Kara, really enjoying checking in and reading your posts each day. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much, I'm glad people are enjoying it!

Kara, this place sounds AMAZING!!! I could tear up just reading about it.

If you're ever in the area, we'd love to have you volunteer! And to think I'm not even TRYING to make you cry...yet.

Kara, I hope you don't mind but I'm creating an album on my fb page named "Give Kids The World - Coasting for Kids" and I'm going to copy your trip report over to it each time and tag my wife in it.

FABULOUS idea! Thanks for sharing these with a bigger audience. The more people who can learn about our mission, the more smiles we'll be able to create.

Kara, I can't express enough how awesome these updates are! It is great to get an "inside look" at the charity we are working very hard to support. I truly love this organization, and the whole team, including dedicated hard workers such as yourself, deserves an incredible amount of praise!

Thank you for the positive feedback and kind words; I feel very fortunate to work at GKTW! Besides being a coaster nerd, my background is in the amusement industry. Finding my way to GKTW and getting to combine my experience and love for parks AND support the mission of GKTW is a dream come true.

A huge thanks to everyone for allowing me to share more about GKTW with you and please know how grateful I am for all of your efforts thus far!

I can't believe I've donated over $80 so far to this great cause. I'm also only $10 away from my goal of the min of 75. I'm thinking I should up my goal a bit since there is still plenty of time.

Done! You're now at your $75!

This thread makes me very VERY proud to be a TPR member. Everyone here is amazing.

Alright, so as I mentioned before, I was looking to put together a flyer of sorts to mail out in our neighborhood, and also post on the bulletin board at our church. I'm by no means an expert at this, and I do want it to look good and grab attention so to hopefully get some more donations for GKTW!

That's where you guys come in. I was hoping you could look this first pass over and give some honest feedback on it. Robb/Elissa/Kara, I'd particularly be interested in your thoughts.

Okay then, fire away!

Coasting4Kids_2012.doc

Flyer - 1st attempt

I think we should do a round up so we make sure everyone signed up gets to at least participate!! So, if you have not made it to the $75 mark let everyone know!!!!!

I love that so many of us have some together for this cause and of course to enjoy parks together. And I know even though on June 10th we will all be spread out over the nation - in our minds we are all together for this great cause! As I am riding EVERY ride on June 10th I will be thinking of my TPR gang nation wide!!

Welcome to the KI Team Jason, and good luck with the fund-raising. I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the TPR team... Its definitely going to be a fun time especially since I've never ridden the beast at night time.

I think we should do a round up so we make sure everyone signed up gets to at least participate!! So, if you have not made it to the $75 mark let everyone know!!!!!

Thanks for the dent you all have started to make, but please don't be complacent once you reach your goal. Raise the goal on your home page as you get close to it. There is no shame in not reaching a higher goal, but you don't want to second guess that you could have done more. Every dollar you collect means something, sometimes it means everything to a family in need of happiness during a tough time.

A very good friend of mine took advantage of the GKTW experience years ago for his daughter with severe Cerebral Palsy. It is a vacation they have never forgotten.

I'll be donating in the future and/or potentially joining the TPR Team if space is available, once my current employment situation irons itself out.

Good luck everyone.

^That's why I removed the goal from my page, and just have what I've raised so far. So that way people won't go oh she's made it, no more.

But yes, we've done a lot in these past couple weeks. Keep it up this event is still a couple months away!

As the Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index here is my offer.

$1 for each new park you review, untiI I run out of money. I have at least $50 at stake here, I may have $100 or I may have more. I may end this offer in 3 days, it may last for 6 weeks. You can make money for charity by stating your opinions. I know some people on TPR love stating their opinions.

However, I need to maintain some quality control of the reviews, so a few rules.

1 - "OMG, this place rulz" Does not qualify as a review. Use have a 750 character limit to express your love or hate, don't stop at 20 characters.

2 - It must be a real park that is correctly operating, no Family Entertainment Centers or really small places. As a rule of thumb: I consider DelGrosso's a real park, but I don't consider Stratosphere Tower a real park.

3 - Please write coherently and intelligently. Even if you have only been to a few parks in your life, let the rest of TPR know what you like or dislike about the park, whether it be the rides, food, shows, friendliness of staff or atmosphere.

4 - Don't forget to assign a rating from 0-5 Stars. And don't just complain about a park and then give a 4.5 rating. Make your review useful.

5 - There will be bonus dollars at stake for the highest quality reviews.

To review a park:

Click here or the "TPR Park Index" words at the top of each page

Then click on a park and scroll down to the "Member Review" section and log-in

I'll be keeping track and updating your donations pages periodically, not directly after each review is written.

Edited by larrygator

^^Alright Larry, I have 4 new reviews up (Dollywood, SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland, Busch Gardens Tampa), and I can try to get some more in though I already have most of the parks I've visited. I might need to stretch my mind back pretty far, I want to at least get to 5.

Larry,

Ignore my review for Luna Park. I didn't realize I had reviewed it in August. Though I think the newer one is better as it just talks about Luna Park, the old one combined all parks as one.

So note to self, look at all reviews first before writing a new one.

Hey Larry!!

I just did a review of Jolly Roger in Maryland. I know its a small park but its the only park I been to that did not already have multiple reviews. Plus the review it had I do not think is very helpful. I hope this is a eligible review.

--$100 mark: Two $15 donations go to random people who have supported me.

--$150 mark: Detailed report of X-flight at SFGAm. [Review, photos, and possibly a video]

--$200 mark: I will post a photoTR of the Coasting for Kids event at Michigans Adventure.

Just hit $100!! ($121 total)

Although only one of my donors is participating in Coasting for Kids...

First person to respond get's 15 bucks donated to them!

Edited by kumba830

$1 for each new park you review, untiI I run out of money. I have at least $50 at stake here, I may have $100 or I may have more. I may end this offer in 3 days, it may last for 6 weeks. You can make money for charity by stating your opinions. I know some people on TPR love stating their opinions.

I guess I had an advantage having never posted a review on here at all, however I stopped at 10 Apparently there's an advantage to being a newbie.

Posted reviews for:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Hersheypark

Cedar Point

California's Great America

Knott's

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Gilroy Gardens

Adventuredome

Disney's California Adventure

--$100 mark: Two $15 donations go to random people who have supported me.

--$150 mark: Detailed report of X-flight at SFGAm. [Review, photos, and possibly a video]

--$200 mark: I will post a photoTR of the Coasting for Kids event at Michigans Adventure.

Just hit $100!! ($121 total)

Although only one of my donors is participating in Coasting for Kids...

First person to respond get's 15 bucks donated to them!

Resonded.

And please don't review any closed parks.

Nicole $1 - I'll give you credit since I forgot to include that in the original post.

Bobby $1 - Jolly Roger is acceptable

gromithere $9 - You forgot to include a rating for CGA, since you won't be able to edit your review for 24 hours, just tell me the rating and I'll adjust it. Also, I don't see your Cedar Point review, maybe you forgot to hit submit. Feel free to write more if you wish.

Kumba830 $3

Nozzy $10

Nick $5

That's $29 so far

Edited by larrygator