TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What bands need to go away?

Sir Clinksalot

I'll tell you who needs to go away, The Naked Brothers Band. Ugh! Their songs are so pointless. I know they're songs are for kids, but c'mon. They just say the same thing over, and over, and over again.

I looked it up on the internet, and the lead singer (whatever his name is) is 13 years old. He's the same age as me! He looks a lot younger than he actually is. I don't know about you, but that kind of creeps me out.

Oh, and on a side note, I like anything that is popular now (please don't kill me). A lot of the users here are older than me, so that's probably why y'all like older music more. So yeah, that' it for now.

It's a TV show, btw. Kind of like Romeo, i guess. Just not as good in the acting or the music. Mind you, it is two different Genres.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Panic! At the Disco. ugh. A bunch of retarded emolithic dressing overly-preppy guys. I was at my friends house on Thursday and he played a song by Panic!, "Nine in the Afternoon" (WTF? Last time I checked, 9pm was at NIGHT, not in the after noon!). And I kept hearing something about having to get out of bed. So I ask him what it is about, and apparently it was about how they sometimes don't want to get out of bed, and at one point during a lazy spell, had to get up for a concert at 9 in the "afternoon" and the wrote a song about it! I can not stand bands that sing about (IMO) retarded and shallow things. I listen to a lot of metal, which most of the time (but I will admit, NOT always) sings about something to do with, well, something. While Panic!'s singer is singing about getting out of bed, Disturbed's is singing about his old girlfriend that committed suicide. I think we can all agree that the latter is probably going to have more depth and meaning to it.

[/rant]

I dont know wether any of you guys have heared of this group but.

Joe Lean and The Jing Jang Jong.

They have literally been hyped up beyond belief, yes their first record is catchy but to be perfectly honest the rest of their stuff sounds horrible. Plus, they havn't even released an album yet and their playing on The other stage at glastonbury.

^ I completely agree, though I'm extremely sentimentally attached to Big Girls Don't Cry, annoyingly.

There are *always* exceptions with me. I'll listen to pretty much any genre, except any rock that involves SHOUTING INSTEAD OF SINGING, and reggae. But occasionally, a bit of metal is just what I need, and despite whining on about my dislike of reggae pretty frequently, I adore Bob Marley and own a whole bunch of UB40. For every artist I despise, there is almost always one single song of theirs that I'll love, and no matter how fanatical I am about somebody, I judge their music on a song by song basis. Robbie Williams is a good example of this: I've adored him since I was about 9 years old and have loved 90% of his stuff. There are a couple of albums I never even skip a single track, which is rare for me. But did I buy his last album? No. Because I didn't hear anything I liked on it. *shrug*

Notable exceptions to the above rule, ie artists who I have yet to find a single redeeming track, or people I feel should just end their careers IMMEDIATELY.

* The Arctic Monkeys: I just don't fudging get it. My friends and I do terrible mocking impressions of them. It just baffles me why they're so popular.

* Mariah Carey. I love vintage Mariah, back in the late eighties into the nineties, but ever since Rainbow I've just wanted her to retire. She's irritating in every way, and so is her new music.

* Anybody who takes a wonderful country song and turns it into some awful pop or dance incarnation that makes country fans want to shoot themselves. Ronan Keating, I'm looking at you.

* Ronan Keating. An abomination against music.

* U2... See Mariah Carey.

^ I completely agree...

...I'll listen to pretty much any genre, except any rock that involves SHOUTING INSTEAD OF SINGING...

...I adore Bob Marley...

...Mariah Carey... She's irritating in every way, and so is her new music.

Let's make babies.

I'm 26 years old. I listen to absolutely everything.

There are some bands I hate, the Rolling Stones for example. FOB, Panic!, MCR, the Hush Sound all get props from me because, like it or not, they've got musical talent to one degree or another.

Any of the 14 year olds saying certain things need to go away and that "punk/metal is the only thing I'll listen to" - you'll get there someday. I used to be the same way, but musical tastes evolve. I still listen to the grittiest of old school punk, and the heaviest new york hardcore.

The only genre I can't really get into is the newer "nu-metal" sounds, just because I don't like the way the music seems to flow. That doesn't mean I don't like some of the bands, though. Again, I like absolutely everything.

Also, I'm what I would consider an "overly-preppy guy" Hell, I worked for Abercrombie and Fitch for 4 years standing around looking pretty - you'll also learn that the way you dress does, in no way, have any bearing over your musical tastes once you leave high school.

-Josh

Panic! At the Disco. ugh. A bunch of retarded emolithic dressing overly-preppy guys. I was at my friends house on Thursday and he played a song by Panic!, "Nine in the Afternoon" (WTF? Last time I checked, 9pm was at NIGHT, not in the after noon!). And I kept hearing something about having to get out of bed. So I ask him what it is about, and apparently it was about how they sometimes don't want to get out of bed, and at one point during a lazy spell, had to get up for a concert at 9 in the "afternoon" and the wrote a song about it! I can not stand bands that sing about (IMO) retarded and shallow things. I listen to a lot of metal, which most of the time (but I will admit, NOT always) sings about something to do with, well, something. While Panic!'s singer is singing about getting out of bed, Disturbed's is singing about his old girlfriend that committed suicide. I think we can all agree that the latter is probably going to have more depth and meaning to it.

[/rant]

That's bullcrap. Just because you write a song about a serious issue doesn't mean you give any thoughtfulness, insight or meaning to it. And just because you write a song about something that doesn't exist doesn't mean that there's any less meaning that can be found within it.

^ & ^^ Absolutely.

Ben Folds is an example that comes quickly to my mind. His songs aren't always the most deep or serious, but they are still quality songs. And let's not forget about those trippy Beatles and their yellow submarines...I would consider several great Led Zeppelin songs to be pretty lighthearted as well.

As for the question, I am really not a fan of Maroon 5 at all except "Harder to Breathe". Nine Inch Nails never sat well with me either. Their songs just never seem to be the same to me and have a tiny vocabulary. I respect them, I just don't like them.

That's bullcrap. Just because you write a song about a serious issue doesn't mean you give any thoughtfulness, insight or meaning to it. And just because you write a song about something that doesn't exist doesn't mean that there's any less meaning that can be found within it.

While we're on the topic of album singles being about nothing, as well as the topic of Disturbed being deep and meaningful, let me mention this - and I quote:

"Get up, come on get down with the sickness."

-Josh

I'm 26 years old. I listen to absolutely everything.

There are some bands I hate, the Rolling Stones for example. FOB, Panic!, MCR, the Hush Sound all get props from me because, like it or not, they've got musical talent to one degree or another.

Any of the 14 year olds saying certain things need to go away and that "punk/metal is the only thing I'll listen to" - you'll get there someday. I used to be the same way, but musical tastes evolve. I still listen to the grittiest of old school punk, and the heaviest new york hardcore.

The only genre I can't really get into is the newer "nu-metal" sounds, just because I don't like the way the music seems to flow. That doesn't mean I don't like some of the bands, though. Again, I like absolutely everything.

Also, I'm what I would consider an "overly-preppy guy" Hell, I worked for Abercrombie and Fitch for 4 years standing around looking pretty - you'll also learn that the way you dress does, in no way, have any bearing over your musical tastes once you leave high school.

-Josh

Wow, I couldn't have put it better myself. I am the EXACT same way as you. After I started going to Uni, my musical tastes have fluctuated drastically. I honestly love everything (or at least will give it a chance). People need to realize that there is great music in every genre.

Any of the 14 year olds saying certain things need to go away and that "punk/metal is the only thing I'll listen to" - you'll get there someday.

Thank you! I think a lot of younger people wither go through the "I listen to horrible music that is popular" phase or the "I refuse to admit that I like anything that's popular because all popular music is horrible" phase. It's all a part of the Jr. High clique phase which in my opinion is one of the crappiest parts of growing up.

you'll also learn that the way you dress does, in no way, have any bearing over your musical tastes once you leave high school.

I need to wear what all the other non-conformists are wearing.

I also like listening to several genres rather than just listening to one, but my favorite is rock.Since I started listening to music a lot I have come to like several other artists and genres.I listen to any thing from MCR to Led Zeppelin to Justin Timberlake and Carrie Underwood and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, he's not exactly a band, but...

Lil Wayne.

I like rap. Some rap, anyways. The newer stuff is usually retarded (i.e. Soulja Boi, Flo Rida, etc.) with exceptions. Lil Wayne is NOT one of them. What really tore it for me is his song "Lollipop". It's so disgusting! All it's about is him having sex with his stereotypical "girlfriend" and I'm guessing it's probably because of the way she looks. Also, he uses such awful language (not that any of us do, right? ). If you've ever heard the radio edit, it's pretty much 5 minutes of music. It's a waste of life. And his voice gets on my nerves too. I can barely understand half the crap coming out of his mouth half the time he's "rapping". Best Rapper Alive? I don't think so. Let's leave that title to real rappers like Nas, Busdriver, Kanye West, etc.

By the way, have any of you heard of Trip Lee? He's a billion times better than Lil Wayne AND he raps for Christ. (I heart God.)

Oh, and I don't really care for Iron Maiden either. They're not for me.

-Adam

*decloaks*

Lets see *rummaging about on the fail shelf*

Simple plan, nickelback, ALL RAP MUSIC, most country music singers, everything vaguely Emo/Goth/Punk/hip/cool/whiny

Bands i listen to that dont suck?

Dragonforce, Vanishing point, disturbed, Between the buried and me, and a lot of random artists that make the songs (Like the vertex series) from in the groove and DDR

both lists could be longer, but the dust from moving the crap CD's on my fail shelf is annoying me

dude, Dragonforce?? get some Amon Amarth, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Death, and Immolation. dragonforce, lmao.

Sorry, but Dragonforce tears those up by far, and the band members kick ***, i was hanging out with them after a concert here, it's impossible to deseat them as a favorite band for me

well, that's awesome! hardly any of us ever get to meet our favorite bands. , but i dunno, i guess i'm just used to heavier stuff. but as for bands that need to die, umm, rap. and new country. old country is where it's at. carl perkins was a country god! new country is too, i dunno, just too annoying. also, classical music. i just can't get into it. emo as well, i see no point in it. every other type of music, i just love. especially mariachi music, but that's just cuz i'm a mexican. and of course, heavy metal, i love metal.

I can't STAND Savage Garden (I'm sure a good number of people will hate me for that). I don't even know if they're still around, but whenever I hear one of their songs, I want to take a skewer to root around in my ear and rip out my ear drums.