TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What bands need to go away?

Sir Clinksalot

That's fine. I don't care if people dislike an artist I enjoy, because there are perfectly valid criticisms for every artists. Lil Wayne is one of those rappers who writes like 1000 songs a day, and 990 of them will be really really awful. Hip hop is a "singles"-centric genre, so I don't feel like his weaker stuff detracts from the good songs. I do think he has excellent flow on certain songs, writes some clever stuff, and is a really good freestyler. He's far from my favorite rapper, but I do enjoy some of his stuff. There's plenty of bands that people love that I can't stand (Rush, The Eagles).

The whole reason this thing got brought up like it did was that people were saying "All rap sucks" and "All rap is about money, sex, violence"....stupid blanket statements that are pretty untrue. I think there's a lot of ignorance when it comes to hip hop, when nearly every genre can easily be spun negatively the same way hip hop gets it.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's fine. I don't care if people dislike an artist I enjoy, because there are perfectly valid criticisms for every artists. Lil Wayne is one of those rappers who writes like 1000 songs a day, and 990 of them will be really really awful. Hip hop is a "singles"-centric genre, so I don't feel like his weaker stuff detracts from the good songs. I do think he has excellent flow on certain songs, writes some clever stuff, and is a really good freestyler. He's far from my favorite rapper, but I do enjoy some of his stuff. There's plenty of bands that people love that I can't stand (Rush, The Eagles).

The whole reason this thing got brought up like it did was that people were saying "All rap sucks" and "All rap is about money, sex, violence"....stupid blanket statements that are pretty untrue. I think there's a lot of ignorance when it comes to hip hop, when nearly every genre can easily be spun negatively the same way hip hop gets it.

Agreed.

I listen to stuff that most people would run in fear from...

However rap has some under the gun than most other genres of music, because of his 'gangsta' affiliations.

^Dude, Chris Daughtry RULES! lol

And Nickelback was at one time my favorite band...

What happened to them? Have they come out with anything since If Everyone Cared?

Pretty much the truth. I've heard freestyle raps at times that were excellent but then the next is horrible, it basically just depends on the subject in hand.

I don't hate rap, as 70% of the music I have is rap. I made that Lil Wayne comment basically because my girlfriend brainwashed me. Didn't mean for it to become a debate. Should of kept it to myself.

I'll listen to anything with a good beat though. Still the Jonas Brothers need to go away.

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't stand Circa Survive.

What's wrong with you? I love Circa Survive. I missed them when I went to Warped Tour last year though.

Basically all country music needs to drop off the face of the earth except for a few. I can somewhat put up with Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift (just because she is cute.)

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't stand Circa Survive.

What's wrong with you? I love Circa Survive. I missed them when I went to Warped Tour last year though.

Basically all country music needs to drop off the face of the earth except for a few. I can somewhat put up with Kenny Chesney and Taylor Swift (just because she is cute.)

I gave them another chance, and I like them a little. =D

I'm getting kinda sick of Paramore though. They're good but they're way too mainstream though. Chiodos. =D

I'm getting kinda sick of Paramore though. They're good but they're way too mainstream though. Chiodos. =D

I love Paramore since I saw them at Warped Tour last year. And I absolutely am in love with Chiodos. I pretty much have to listen to them everyday.

I love Paramore since I saw them at Warped Tour last year. And I absolutely am in love with Chiodos. I pretty much have to listen to them everyday.

Same.

Along with The Used, Silverstein, and Atreyu.

And I HATE P!ATD, FOB, but MCR is good, I don't like The Black Parade though.

That made no sense dude, You hate P!atd, FOB, and Mcr is good?

I actually agree with his sentiment. MCR has a different style than the other two. Fallout Boy and Panic seem pretty much cut from the same cloth.

MCR is a little bit more unabashed pop, which I actually think works for them. Their pseudo-emo image gets in the way of the fact that, at the core, they are a really good power pop band.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw something that quite annoyed me yesterday. I was at the mall at a shop that sells all sorts of crap. Like those weird Drinking Games, and huge Homer Simpson dolls that dance around. Anyway, they sell Wallets, and belts and such with the logos of "Metal" bands on them. I looked along the line of belts. Metallica, Ironmaiden, The Ramones, Alice in Chains, and then Fall Out Boy! This really pissed me off, Fall out boy does not deserve to be on the same shelf as Metallica and Iron Maiden IMO. They aren't even Metal anyway.

I'll tell you who needs to go away, The Naked Brothers Band. Ugh! Their songs are so pointless. I know they're songs are for kids, but c'mon. They just say the same thing over, and over, and over again.

I looked it up on the internet, and the lead singer (whatever his name is) is 13 years old. He's the same age as me! He looks a lot younger than he actually is. I don't know about you, but that kind of creeps me out.

Oh, and on a side note, I like anything that is popular now (please don't kill me). A lot of the users here are older than me, so that's probably why y'all like older music more. So yeah, that' it for now.

Well, there's about a 94% chance that they aren't actually the ones playing the instruments, even though the parts are simple enough to be played by your average musically-trained 11-year-old.

Also, there is no possible excuse for the lead singer's voice. It's horrifying.

I dunno, ripping on the musical abilities of kids that age seems pretty boring. I'd put more harsh emphasis on the parent or individual who shelled out money to make a music video or website, but I'm sure there are a lot of parents with excess money that feel that this is "bettering" their kids development or something.

The thing with criticizing them or NBB or whatever kid-oriented bands, is that the music is for kids. It's most likely stupid because most kids are stupid.