TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legoland Billund 2012. Polar X-Plorer is now open!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legoland is letting out a little more info than BGW has on Verbolten. Those "snowmobile" trains look great.

Perhaps 2012 is the "Year of Zierer."

Growing up as a ravenous Lego fan and absolutely loving that snowmobile set, this is a dream come true!

Now when is Legoland CA getting this?

• 5 weeks later...

A few photos were released in one of the local newspapers as well. The paper also says that Philippe Cousteau Jr. will open the area.

Polar.jpg.49d1c40a0b11552ff5c73974aa5ecca6.jpg

fb1.jpg.f71298bca3cfa8a55a8f13e3d0b20e38.jpg

First part of LEGO content coming in to the area

fb2.jpg.44e124bb2fe3ebfd315966a30526ba54.jpg

Water Fall feature for the helix

fb3.thumb.jpg.bc958d2e9acc7054deb0a22cebd01bad.jpg

The 20m lift

fb5.jpg.edbf8aab0848e37c1bae86a197370cd7.jpg

fb4.jpg.8d3bc3ef8760f3646ccb5ee49f17c283.jpg

fb6.jpg.8123f5320fa6785987a71580c72b4fd5.jpg

I prefer this -

I can't wait to see this ride finished. I hope it's successful enough that variations spread to the other Legoland parks.

Is all the ice on the helix feature made of Legos?

I don't think so.

Lego tends to make their surrounds using conventional materials, then once the basics are there, they add on the Lego flare. A good example of this is the Lost Kingdom area at Legoland California. The area could have the Lego models removed (Egytpian Statue, Airplane Pilot, Monkeys, Caravan, Scarab Beetles), and it could easily pass as another park's Egyptian Area.

However, it's the Lego Flare they add that make the parks so unique and original. They've combined a normal theme park with Legos while managing to avoid breaking the bank.

I've heard this is the largest expansion the Billund park has ever undergone. While I've heard a variety of numbers being thrown around regarding how the area has cost, I can assure you that the money has been well spent.

I suspect Blackstone will probably kick money for Zierer coasters to several other parks if they do well at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Legoland Billund. Legoland is known for adapting successful attractions to each of their parks.

I could easily see these coasters adapted to a variety of themes. Perhaps Merlin will integrate one of these drop coasters into the new London Dungeon location over by the London Eye similar to Reaper: Drop Ride to Doom coaster. It could fit theme and ride system wise.

Here is front seat POV of Polar X-Plorer! Zierer's first drop track roller coaster with elements that will be *similar* to Verbolten (but remember, this ride is designed for small childre!) What do you think?

Yeah seams like it hits it's target audience, I was just hoping for more themeing especially in the drop track area that doesn't look to great imo maybe they're not finished.

Also I'm not even tripping off the drop section since this is at Legoland what did you expect a freefall drop like LEx Luther lol, I just think the section after the drop could of been a little better it's seams very slow after the drop even for a kid targeted coaster imo.

Overall I'm sure the kids will love it.