TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I didn't go over the weekend but I watched the queue times and yeah basically everything was near walk-on. Even Dare Devil Dive barely had a line. I'm surprised the park didn't market these bonus weekends more heavily. I love it though. I will definitely be there next Sunday. This reminds me of early March visits years ago before the park started promoting the hell out of those first few weekends.

Also, it appears the entire park is open including the three coasters that will be closed for HITP. I can't wait to get my last rides on GASM and Ninja.

Quick update from the park yesterday!

As I expected, crowds were basically zero. The high for the day was in the low 50s. I was surprised to see two train ops on most coasters. Goliath was running 2/3rds empty for the first few hours. It was wonderful!

Superman ...It looks like the park has bought new parts for the trains. It was one train operations, but the second train was in the unused side of the dual station (which is fully functional) and the third train is in the storage space completely built! It is no longer a parts train and you could see they had the back doors of the storage station opened up so they have been working. I have a strong feeling we will see the dual station back in use and all three trains on the track next season. Hopefully that will happen and last.

Justice League ...the building is complete but nothing else new that I could see.

GASM had two trains but the ops were only filling one and claiming there weren't enough people in line even when all the rows had at least 4 people in them. I've never seen the park do this on any coaster and it was very frustrating. The staff was extremely lazy.

In fact, most of the employees were absolutely terrible. They do not make eye contact or speak to anyone, they have conversations and do nothing while looking like they wish they were dead. It's completely awful service and the park really needs to address this issue because it seems to be a plague that has affected 95% of the employees. It really is an unacceptable amount of disinterest and laziness.

Food ops were awful as always too. Even with the park being empty, food lines were a few people deep, but it would take 5 minutes for each order to go out. Painful.

The park also needs to expand their tram capacity as well.

Anyways, overall a good day and it is nice when the park is so dead that it can actually function even with terrible ops!

On slow days they always close their smaller lot for parking, at least when I am there, I always park in the smaller lot and never need a tram.

Glad to see the train is fully built now! I posted I'm early October about the train in the station being "naked" for a lack of better words.. looks like they do plan on addressing Superman

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I rarely use the tram but it is still sad to see their tram capacity can barely handle the crowds leaving at 2:30pm on probably the slowest day of the season.

I've been watching the Superman progress too and I am really excited to finally see three completely built train! It will be amazing seeing Superman (hopefully) operate like it was designed to and like a Cedar Fair park would operate it. SFOG desperately needs more high capacity rides so bringing one they already have back to that standard is a great start. I just hope they fix all the issues with the trains not locking. The manual efforts were causing major delays as the op reads off the seats that need locked while the other employee runs around looking for those seats. It is slow and I could see how it detracts from the general public's experience or idea of safety.

I am planning on going this weekend for HITP. Will they be down to one train ops and should I still expect light crowds?

There should be two trains on most, if not all coasters. Remember, Superman, GASM, Blue Hawk, and Sky Screamer are all closed during the event. I would expect decent crowds considering it is HITP and basically a holiday weekend. Nothing terrible, but nothing like last Sunday where everything was a walk on with empty rows.

I would expect 15-30 minute waits on the more popular rides at their peak, and of course a longer wait for Dare Devil Dive. That's just my guess though. You may luck out with no lines. From my experience, most days of HITP are not overly busy (unlike weekends in the summer and Fright Fest). I'm sure Saturday will be a bit busier than Sunday too of course.

This was my first visit to this park and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The rides were excellent, the layout of the park was neat, and the overall atmosphere of the park was great. I'm glad I was able to make it out there to visit. Be sure to check out my video blog. Any comments would be appreciated!

Awesome video! I watched the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Enthusiasts are complete bitches so it's probably best to ignore the people who think it's rough until you ride it for yourself.

I don't know when I'll be getting down to SFOG so it looks like I'll be doing a lot of ignoring. Who knows, maybe they'll add a new rollercoaster between now and when I visit that enthusiasts will whine about as well.

So what's the verdict on Blue Hawk? Some say it's a godsend compared to Ninja, others say it's still a bad ride.

Personally, I LOVED it! I just wanted to keep riding it over and over. The vest is a little tight so I wouldn't be able to marathon it without taking a break but other than that, an absolutely awesome ride. We rode it multiple times while we were there and even stayed on without getting up a few times. We rode Goliath well over 10 times that day and Blue Hawk was really the only other ride I wanted to keep riding! Not to say other coasters in that park aren't great, but there's just something awesome about Blue Hawk. Haha.

The new Vekoma trains definitely make a huge difference. Sure, the ride isn't anywhere near as smooth as Goliath, but considering Six Flags weren't obligated to buy new trains and track for the ride, I'm pretty happy with the end result. The coaster went from a one and done to rerideable and very fun. In fact, when I went for Fright Fest, I just wanted to stay back there and ride it all night long.

The new Vekoma trains definitely make a huge difference. Sure, the ride isn't anywhere near as smooth as Goliath,.

Maybe I caught Goliath in the wrong seat, on an off day, but. . . Dear God that ride was awful. I was recording a video (with permission from the park) on the ride, and my (front right seat) was "rattling" so bad you couldn't even make out my words.

It takes a lot for me to say this, but I'd take Blue Hawk over Goliath any day.

Surely I'm not the only person with this experience.

On my visit in April of this year I rode Goliath 12 times throughout the day, all over the train, and never once felt it was rough or had any rattle. Thing was awesome and smooth as butter. Blue Hawk was getting the transformation so I didn't get to ride it (though I have the credit from when it was Kamikaze back in the day).

^Since next Friday isn't a holiday weekend, I don't anticipate it being busy. Friday nights are usually not busy and Holiday In The Park historically doesn't get nearly as busy as other times of the year like Fright Fest. I've gone to HITP about 10 times since they started the event and have never hit very long lines, even on a Saturday.

That being said, anything can happen and if the weather is really nice it may draw more people. It's best to get there at opening but since you can't, hopefully it will not be busy and you can ride everything that's open. Dare Devil Dive will likely have an hour long line even on a slow day though. If the line is down to the bottom of the ramp that leads to the station, that's 30 minutes at best without VR. Usually the line is longer than that.

You can refer to coasterqueue.com throughout this weekend to get a feel for the lines. I'd say Sunday's lines will likely be similar to next Friday if the weather is similar. The line tracking on this site is usually pretty accurate and I use it frequently.

Sorry for the double post...but I have a few more questions...

It looks like it will be pretty cold on Friday night. Do all of the rides stay open?

Also, does Dare Devil Dive have the Santa VR for Dare Devil Dive?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Looking at the early weather for the area, it looks like it won't get down below 40 until after 10pm Friday.. If that remains the same, id say it's safe to say rides will be running.. The low 40s does get iffy so ride your top rides Earle just to be on the safe side but I believe they will be open..

Keep in mind, weather this far out, especially hourly, is only about 10% accurate

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A tornado was spotted at the park.

Source? The National Weather Service in Atlanta said :

145 PM: Likely debris indicated on radar near six Flags. Tornado warning remains in effect for Fulton/north Dekalb counties!

...which is much different than saying "A tornado was spotted at the park". I'm not saying that you're wrong, but what's your source? I can't find any other sources.