TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Happiness Pie" Thread

DATman

Nothing to do today, and a big 10 lb. turkey roastin' in the oven. MmmmM!

It's our ThanksGiving weekend, which Canada times with more of the harvest period and the change of seasons and time, etc.

We don't celebrate much here at our home, but to be honest, we should give thanks, as we're doing ok, health is fine, the cat's still with us , and for now, life is bumping along okay.

*** And on this Tuesday (11th) after our Canadian Thanksgiving.... just received a little bit of $ from the Gov't. for tax credits. And some Disney Pins, arrived safe and sound too. Good start to a short (work) week. ***

And now it's (ahem) Hump Day in this week...

Did my every-other-week raking up of the leaves. Good feeling when it's done and bagged. A bit of exercise in some fresh autumn air.

I am happy to be where this weather does cool down, and rain, but not storm or hurricane/typhoon/flood where we are in the city.

Fall weather is great here. C'mon up (or over) and try it some time.

• 1 month later...

OMG. The way the Candian dollar is slowly coming up and up on the American dollar, we may indeed hit 89 cents before 2006...

:shock:

That is totally incredible, when those of us who get stuck with exchange rates know that Canada hasn't gained parity with the US dollar for, well, decades!

Anyway, I just realized that the UK Trip is now NOT going to cost me as much as originally thought out, and planned for....

I also just discovered thru my buying record on ebay, that I received my 100th Feedback posting today!

And that out of 393 Feedbacks - 100 different members - 100% Positive Feedback.

Well, our annual open house (yesterday) is over, and it actually went better than I thought it would. Could have used a few more of the guys showing up. But hey - we're competeing with prime party season, right? So, we're happy with who we get, and included in their 'Par-tay Circuit Schedule,' LOL.

And the leftovers are once again, always amaaazzzzzing when it comes to our friends who visit with us, and share a Holly'daze' Hot Tub for awhile. Not to mention, bringing a (usual) wonderful serving of their yummy cooking. Or something gooey from the bakery - or something delish from our neighborhood Safeway, heh heh.

Salads, curries, and cake OH MY! All good stuff.

But - glad it's over and now we can just enjoy the rest of the year w/o worrying about anything, except what to buy each other.