TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Ozcoaster Posts New Superman Photos!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Layout so far:

*fancy dark ride section

*themed(?) launch

*reverse stormrunner tophat

*camel hump 1

*some sort of helix (I presume)

*camel 2...

even if thats the entire ride, its still pretty kick arse! too bad it aint in the us...

If you can afford it, GO TO AUSTRALIA! I went in 2000 and would go back in a second! The people are awesome, the US $ (at the time) was about 2:1 to the Australian dollar, and the weather was perfect. Keep in mind that their summer is opposite the US summer. Sooooooooo...

for them, summer starts in September and goes until about March/April.

I was lucky enough to visit Dreamworld, Wonderland, and a small indoor park in Brisbane that is no more. I also got down to (I think) Luna Park in Melbourne, but they were closed the day I was there. They had a very old side friction coaster that I was dying to ride.

Oh well, another time!!

PS. I also bought my weight in Australian import CD's....OH JOY!!

and the weather was perfect. Keep in mind that their summer is opposite the US summer. Sooooooooo...

for them, summer starts in September and goes until about March/April.

Right now here on the Gold Coast (theme park central) its 2pm on a winters afternoon and the temperature is 79f so it doesnt matter when you come as its so tropical up here.

Thanks for all the good comments guys im counting the days till staff night. The next update will be even better when the track for the second camel hump goes up as it crosses the 1st camel hump.

And for everyone wanting a layout here goes.

*Inside section to include a earthquake

*Launch

*Top Hat

*boomer helix

*camel hump

*inside over bank hill

*camel hump

*boomer helix

*into brake run.

Ian:)

Why is Australia so far away? The camelback hill looks awesome, and it should give off some damn good airtime. Okay, so it won't be going quite as fast as other accelerators, but with a hill that steep, it should be great. It's a similar shape as Expedition GeForce's first big hill, and as we know, the seats are rather unnecessary on that hill.

I didnt notice this yesterday, but does that top hat go straight up, and straight over, without a twist? Sort of like Hypersonic? That'd be amazing..

Oh yeah.. and so will the crazy airtime hills, overbanks, helix, and random fly back into the station/Earthquake?! area.. even the brake run will probably kick ass somehow! The only bad thing about this coaster is.. I'm on the OTHER side of the WORLD.

Oh well, Im happy for you Australians!

Eric

After looking over the pictures that Ian has taken of the site, I am guessing that the inside helix flys over the top of the launch track. So taking into account the head chopper going into the building, you also might get one inside the building while on the launch track.

I can only hope that there is some way of running two trains on this track, (but I seriously doubt it in the way that I am thinking of), so to really get the best out of the cross over of track inside the building. However with only one train running, this will still be a ripper of a coaster, and one the Aussie Park can be proud off.

^I should have been a bit clearer young fella, I simply meant two trains on that block section of track at the one time. I realise that there will be more than 1 train on the track, as using one would leave you with a que time like X at Magic Mountain......

I would want this more than Kingda Ka. I mean, even without being on Kingda Ka, you pretty much know what its going to be like. Not to mention TTD provides a very simuliar ride.

I should also add, I'm a sucker for rides with actual stories to them.