TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ Amen to that!

My Rant: WHAT THE @#$% IS SO GREAT ABOUT TWILIGHT! I could rant for hours on that pathetic excuse for a book! but since I don't want to bore you, I'll just scream!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

^ Amen to that!

My Rant: WHAT THE @#$% IS SO GREAT ABOUT TWILIGHT! I could rant for hours on that pathetic excuse for a book! but since I don't want to bore you, I'll just scream!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I asked the same thing when I saw people over the age of 30 requesting it at the local library.

The Twilight series is good, but I don't see why it's something to obsess about. I've heard of break-ups occuring because they want someone more like their "Edward."

While I do find it stupid to dump someone because they aren't like Edward, I don't really see what's wrong with a bunch of teenage girls (and some older women) 'obsessing' over a book.

I'm sure a lot of people ask why we obsess over roller coasters.

To each their own.

Rant: I really hate when people feel sorry for me. I don't know why but it bugs the heck out of me.

So I'm driving into work this morning when I encounter a future victim of karma. It's a four lane road with a center turn lane shared by either direction. I'm traveling alongside a late model Honda with your typical white trash mama at the wheel. What is she doing? Well, texting, of course. That's what all the cool brainless idiots do while driving, right?

Anyway, I notice an oncoming ambulance with lights and sirens blazing. Naturally, I and everyone else come to a complete stop, which is your typical course of action. The ambulance merges into the center turn lane, and prepares to turn left in front of me and into a housing development.

Does the trash bag next to me realize this? Of course not, and promptly continues right on driving and texting while the ambulance stops and has to yield to her.

So I pull up alongside her at the next stop light and the following takes place. I turn and simply look at her, observing the stupidity. She puts the phone down, turns and notices me staring at her. She rolls down her window, and starts saying something. I roll mine down and she says, "what are you looking at?"

My response? "I can only hope that eventually you have a time of dire need. And when you do, I hope someone, somewhere, is too busy to help because they're on the phone texting their friend. Have a nice day."

For God's sake, put away your toys while driving. It's really not that difficult, people.

For the last week of school, we had a choice as to what we wanted to do in P.E. I chose Lacrosse.

Now, I've always wanted to try lacrosse and I'm really happy about that, but the problem is, EVERY SINGLE PERSON in that class that annoys the living hell out of me is playing Lacrosse too.

I just want my last week of school to be peaceful and not surrounded by idiots.

I hate this damn town. Not only do the people suck, but screw the police here. My car has had 19 tickets for not having a parking sticker in 10 months...except I have one that is in my window 24/7. After filing a complaint about it, the proceed to fine me 100 for a sticker that was mystery stolen off my car. Add to that, the roads are awful.

^Both the sheriff's office and the city police are jokes in my town.

Yes I know..without them I'd be dead. But, I constantly see babies being held in their momma's or baby dady's lap while they're driving, people drinking and driving, and running red lights/stop signs. Nothing is done by the cops or police.

-Tatum

I hate how pretty much every comment on YouTube is:

what a great song & video, I just got the ringtone free at tonejamz. com

incredible song...i just found the free ring tone at amptones. com

this song rocks, just found the free ringer at tonejamz. com

I hate the person that started all of this. YouTube should just do away with user comments now that it's pretty much "spam". You know what I hate the most about this....none of those websites work! And most of those users who post that crap are 22 and from India. Coincidence? I think not.

-Tatum

^ I've never seen those comments before but I have seen my fair share of pointless, unfunny chain letters...

There seems to be a ton of comments about how 99% of all teens would cry if Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers jumped off of a tall building, which is strange because 99% of the teens that I know hate Disney pop (or any other kind of modern pop for that matter).

And then there's the comments that talk about how 99% of teens listen to pop/rap by making a list of artists from two different genres and to copy/paste the comment in 10,000 videos or a scary clown will pop out of your closet and cut your dog's head off.

I'm really starting to hate YouTube chain letters...

You can't forget about the classic one, like this:

"This really works, it's amazing!

1. Hold your breath

2. Think of your crush's name

3. Post this on 3 other videos

4. Let go of your breath and press Alt+F4

5. Your wallpaper will have your crush's name!"

My parents totally didn't bother buying my cap and gown at the beginning of the semester and I graduate in two weeks! I'm kinda POed about the whole situation because I really wanna attend my HS graduation and I can't do it without my cap/gown...

So I just finished watching both Microsoft and Nintendo's press conferences at E3.

Being after Microsoft, what the hell were Nintendo thinking?!

Their presentation was composed of everything that they already announced, and maybe one or two new ideas that didn't completely suck (not like that vitality monitor thing for Wii). The Metroid: The Other M looked incredible, but that was pretty much the only thing that wasn't crap.