TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Have to vent somewhere, right?....

A friend called us up, and offered to "bring us dinner" that he had from one of those meals kits? This one was called "Hello Fresh."

We said come by at 6:30. He calls after 7 and says he's on his way. Quarter to 8, he arrives.

He also informs us he has only one of the 2 recipe cards needed, and not one for what he's brought. Okaaaaay. David reluctantly agreed to take him back. He loses his parking spot for an hour or so, but get it back, thanks to my noticing the car that was there, had gone. Anyway,....

So ..... it's 8:38 and they are still working on two meals, that are (here it comes) for two people. We are three of us. I'll leave the division of food to them.

Still ..... grrrrrrr. This is later than usual, when we eat. David has taken us past 8pm before, but nothing like this.

But the food looks good, so who am I to complain about WHEN we're actually eating it all????? 🍽️

Just because ........ I feel that Russia should be cut off, from ALL of it's exports to the rest of the world.

Simple. Cut off a major currency input for their ongoing existence ..... could go BADA-BOOM for them. 🎆

• Like 1

For reference: I'm in the Minneapolis, MN area.

I've been tracking a package the past couple days. It was packaged in the Chicago area and bounced around for a day or two before shipping out to Minneapolis. So I'm like, sweet, my package will be here in a day or two. Package bounces around a couple places in Minneapolis for a couple days and then it was sent backwards to Indianapolis. WTFF?! It's currently in Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some stupid unexperienced medical network bought out all the local hospitals and clinics, and a year later, our hospitals and clinics are now closed. With no heads up whatsoever.

I have got to get out of this hellhole.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Being personally ignorant of what many know about already, sucks. I just don't "PC" my entire days and nights on it.

The Snapshot (Or was it Photoshop?) I think I get. But I will accept being laughed at, as the "old idiot" on this one.

Whatever.... Bite me.  Wait till you're my age, blah, blah, blah.

There. I feel much better now. 😈

P.S. Rants are not meant to be argued with, or judged upon. Ranting is good (here), no matter what is wrong or right about it.

• Like 1

I work the evening/night shift, so I can't get fast food breakfast usually.  Traveling through MCO on an early flight today, I was excited to get a croissanwich from Burger King. BK stops serving breakfast at 10am. I got up to the counter at 10:02.

• Sad 1

Almost got in a car accident today. Someone in the right lane tried to make a left turn while I was in the left lane in their blind spot. Hard brake with skid marks, the tire sound and lots of honking, I was probably inches away from t-boning them. You cant make a left turn from the right lane, idiot

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does any other theme park share the same "general area" with not only just one but two professional and major sports teams. Six Flags Over Texas is in the same block as Choctaw Stadium aka the old Texas Rangers ballpark from 1994-20whatever. They built the new insert insurance company name here across the street from the old stadium. Dallas Cowboys stadium is a block past that. The only other park I can think of is California's Great America and San Francisco 49ers. Traffic from the park on games days is the spawn of the perfect storm. 

Tomorrow the Texas Rangers play at 6:05 pm. Six Flags closes at 9, Yeahhh this is not good. 

IMG-7578.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a rant. But then, we really don't have a Sadness Thread, yes? No? Anyway...

Healing thoughts go out to all close to the madness that happened at the Texas Elementary school yesterday.

Several 9 and ten year olds. And two teachers. 😢

• Sad 1

not "several". .. NINETEEN.

and the Texas Governor, Lt. Governor, AG, Senators. . have done NOTHING other than make it easier to get guns here in the past 2 years.

it's easier to buy a gun than it is to drive a car.   no, really.

and did you know the murderer bought the guns - two assault rifles - LEGALLY. . . a week ago, for his 18th Birthday.

yeah. . oh. .and I shit you not, the NRA (National Rifle Association) are having their big convention in Houston (less than 4 hours from the site of the massacre) and the Texas Governor, Senator Ted Cruz, and Former President Trump are all *still* scheduled to attend and speak.

yeah.

• Sad 2

Not wanting to be insensitive or sounding like skin color is a thing for me, but come on 19 young children dead at the hands of a gunman, this, this is what we should be filling the streets in protest over! I'm sorry if this offends but I'm just being honest. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out, that after nearly two years of retrofitting, our Coaster in Playland(PNE) is now going to have SEAT BELTS installed for "added safety".

What a crock. The thing's been running for over 60 years, and not one person has died on it. Without seat belts. Period.

They just neutered Coaster. And all those past accolades (and awards) from clubs and individuals, just got pissed on. Period.

I don't think I'm ever going to ride it again. Not that way. 😠

Such a dark, dark day in American history.  Honestly scared what this Dobbs decision means for likes of Griswold, Eisenstadt, Lawrence, Obergefell and who knows how many other decisions.

End rant.

• Sad 3

Oh geez. I hadn't even heard of Eisenstadt. Just did a quick read up on it and... oh my GOD. If that was overturned, so many women with PCOS (myself included; I get the depo shot to help manage it) would be left in the lurch because of being unmarried. Mother of god.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We had to put our cat to sleep tonight. I was the last thing she saw. I was wearing a Pirates of the Caribbean shirt with the silhouette of a skull on the front and text on the back reading "Dead Men Tell No Tales."

RIP Kisses. October 2008-August 26, 2022 1:09 am. We adopted her when she was about 9 months.

20220826_005708.thumb.jpg.b7a0375a3851bf89cdfea681ce681e22.jpg

20220826_010133.thumb.jpg.174a0800bbcafd97278a5c528bfade3d.jpg

• Sad 4

• 1 month later...

I went alone to a movie tonight at a theater with assigned seating. So I pick my seat, drop my popcorn and beverage off at my seat, and head to the bathroom before the movie starts. When I come back, someone else is in my seat and they've moved my food to a different seat. And they don't understand why I'm passed about it, saying that it's no big deal.

Driving home after the movie, I take my aggression out a little too much on my gas pedal and get a speeding ticket.

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...