TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Waterparks, anyone?

I love Water Country USA. but it is just soooo crowded now by the time you are done waiting in line you are dry.

and it annoys me to no end that they put those water brakes on the best slides.

I love the 50's Beach theme they have now but the park's big slides were much wilder when it was a mom and pop waterpark.

JEFF

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to have a small waterpark here, but I can't think of the name for anything.

Adventure River. Then in a attempt to be profitable Wild, Water, and Wheels. They built a ghetto go-kart track and dirt track for off-road karts. Two speed slides were Geranimo, and the zip line was Cheetah's Revenge. I can't think of the name of the others though.

I have been to quite a bit of waterparks but majority of them are just the same as any other water park but the 2 I find the best that I have been to are Myrtle Waves with a killer wave pool and the black spaghetti slides which literally made me panic because I was going so fast and I was super disoriented with it being pitch black I was almost on the verge of crying wanting to get out so bad. Then they got a nice little variety of slides which are easily enjoyable not like stupid spaghetti slides.

Then there is Splash Lagoon in Erie, Pa (indoor park). I have heard about how people didn't really like it and what not, but everytime I have went I have loved it. I never have to wait in lines for slides. (We go down on Canadian March Break when no ones there or else late August and take a visit to Waldameer too). For having 2 toilet bowl slides (1 for body - 1 for tube) and some other standard slides that have some surprises, this place is just sooooo sweet.

Well those are my favourite water parks and Yes I like water parks.

MyrtleWaves2.jpg.cfd7f176e845279e05126e68174d8d7e.jpg

Damn Torture, Claustrophobic Devil Slides!!!

the black spaghetti slides which literally made me panic because I was going so fast and I was super disoriented with it being pitch black I was almost on the verge of crying wanting to get out so bad. Then they got a nice little variety of slides which are easily enjoyable not like stupid spaghetti slides.

You know--I honestly can relate.

I dont really care for water parks. The only one I have been too is Hurricane Harbor, in CA, and I havn't been there in years. I just cant bring myself to entirely enjoy doing stuff like that.

I have only been to 3 water parks in my life (4 if I count that little water playground thingy at the YMCA).

Adventure Island (BGT)

Sandcastle (Kennywood)

Sun Splash (some locally owned water park (Cape Coral, FL) with dated slides with dated names like... The Electric Slide! ).

I don't have a favorite slide though.

Man, I LOVE water parks! I usuially make a trip to Adventure Island during the summer when its hot, then cross the street and go to BGT when I get bored. Its a cool way to spend the day... But anywho Ive been to:

Adventure Island

Blizzard Beach

Typhoon Lagoon

Wet N Wild (Orlando)

Soak City

Hurrican Harbor x2 (SFGAm, SFOG, SFGAm's was AMAZING!)

and finially, the YMCA play park thing here in Sarasota (it doesnt count, I know).

But out of all of those, the only one's that blew me away were Adventure Island (although it needs something new, as Wahoo Run was built in what, 1998?) and HH at SFGAM. HH is brand new, and they have a great selection of slides, and one of the family slides gives airtime!

Colin C

I've only been to WaterWorld in Concord and Soak City at CP, and thouroughly enjoyed them both (despite my advancing years).

Favorite rides: speed slides, taller the better, and the funnel-y Tornado.

Best park feature: Soak City's adults-only area.

Worst park feature: WaterWorld's hefty rental charge for tubes, which ensures that the lazy river will always be jammed up with walkers.

I have been to 3 water parks here in Australia over the years.

1 Wet'n'Wild

2 Amazons

3 Grundys Water Center

Not to sure if the name is correct on the last one, as that was quite a few years ago and it is no longer there. It was a single level of a shopping complex on the Gold Coast that had all these slides out the side of the top floor right beside the main beach.

But then again, we are currently in the construction process of the new Dreamworld Water Park that is due to open at the end of this year.... updates weekly at the normal site for those interested.

EDIT : The name was Grundy's Entertainment Centre

The grand daddy of water parks in LA is of course my favorite Raging Waters! This Waterpark is located on 50 acres, and has a wide variety of slides and attractions.

It was once the only major show in town, but know it has lots of competition.

Otherwise in Orange County Wild Rivers is a decent waterpark, though they could add some more attractions.

• 2 years later...

Splish Splash is my favorite water park. I think it may be the only water park I've been to. It's too much fun and the rides are crazy! The Alien Invasion is one of the sickest rides ever- the green tube you go through, the mist, the little "UFO" crash landing in the line to make the theme look cooler. It's amazing. Once you get off the ride you want to get on as soon as possible!

The next fun ride is Dragon's Den, now of course most people think this ride is a piece of **** but I think it's tons of fun! The toilet bowl goes nowhere but the drop is sexy! :

All of the other rides are pretty much the same, you got the speed slides and tube rides, but they are ALL sooooo much fun! Going there Friday with my camp.

splishsplashlongisland.com

Love 'em!

I've been to:

-Boomerang Bay:KI

-The Beach Waterpark

-Wet 'n Wild, AU

-Carowinds Waterpark

My favorite by far is Wet 'n Wild, AU. Not only do they have an Intamin HalfPipe/water coaster...they have insane body slides, tube rides, raft rides, and they are right next door to Movie World!

They must have 20-40 slides there, it's paradise!

I love them. I've been to

Wild Rivers

Raging Waters (San Dimas)

SFHH (CA)

Soak City Orange County

Soak City Palm Springs

Wild Rivers is by far the best one. Bombay Blasters is just insane!

I love waterparks! I've been to a bunch of them, but my favorite is probably Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge, New York. Technically, it's not exclusively a waterpark, as it has a couple flat rides as well, but the water park is what people go there for. Although it hasn't gotten any new rides in several years (though they're rumored to get one of those bowl-type slides next summer), it has lots of fun waterslides. We go there every summer (in fact, you should be expecting a Photo TR from there in a couple weeks). Anyone else been here?

BTW does anyone else not like this latest trend with amusement parks adding water parks? I mean personally I just don't like the two connected. I am not going to move between the two and despite signs I have to deal with wet seats because they let someone on a ride in their swimsuit... issed:

I personally like them even though I don't think it's good for a business stand-point. People like to say that waterparks are really packed, but are they really? How many people can they get compared to a roller coaster, or a flat ride? Or how about even a theater?

Water rides are really low capacity when you are talking about the slides. The wavepool has a high capacity, but yet how much electricity are you spending when you have these huge waves. It must cost a fortune to run that thing a lot.

I like waterparks when they add them to the parks, but I don't think they help business that much for the money they are spending on them. I don't really care if a seat was wet or not. Big deal.