TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

I am all for preservation, but not via the methods, or lack thereof, of this project. It's one thing to undertake this project, but thanks to the extremely unprofessional manner in which they have presented their news, they now have to establish credibility for it, too. Both websites so far are sloppy and I think it's prudent to point out they contain grammatical errors and some syntax issues:

He is hoping his first ever wooden coaster will be on the Big Dipper in it’s new home.
The owners of the property the Big Dipper is currently located on

If you can't take the time to proofread your website, you are proving to me that you are not detail-oriented and conscientious enough to create a thorough business plan. I believe Robb mentioned at one point that these people had ample time to plan their website during the negotiation process. They obviously chose not to take action, which proves they lack the ability to plan ahead. They have damaged their credibility thanks to their sophomoric "business" methods, which are grounded more in romanticism than reality.

(As for www.savethebigdipper.com--now THAT'S a website! )

15 pages of TPR mocking... That will teach them to never buy an old rollercoaster again! oh wait, they don't even pay attention to this site, nevermind.

I think the best lesson to be learned is at the very bottom of http://www.savethebigdipper.com

Oh we are saving the Blackpool big dipper, I thought this was all about another big dipper, in that case this is a completely noble cause... i'm sending you my credit card details right now by pm Robb, a website with one picture of a big dipper is obviously made with confidence.

I feel with this donation I can now consider myself a director of this project however as a resident of Korea, I am the most instrumental resource in this project actually happening. While I will not be able to involve myself fully because of my location and other obligations, I will contribute to the project in any way that I can, such as answering e-mails and questions.

Rob

P.S. No emails....No questions.... I won't really be providing any concrete answers due to "secrecy"

Very funny website. However, now to be a Debbie-Downer...

This is getting a bit sad. Most everyone gets it - 99% of people here and everywhere else (everywhere else that is paying any attention) thinks this is a ridiculous effort that is ill-conceived at best. The people clearly are not prepared and really need to step up their game or they will fail miserably. I think at some point though its just in bad taste to continuously trash the project and further damage their efforts. I mean how long do you need to piss in someone's cheerios to ruin their breakfast? I understand expressing the opinion that the ride does not need to be saved, or that this lackluster project is terrible and not going to accomplish that (I share those thoughts) but at some point it just seems to cross a line into not simply thinking/expecting the project to fail, but almost hoping it will fail and wanting to help bring that about. Just my $.02.

Prince Desmond,

Could you provide us with some additional information on your reconstruction plans? I'm also wondering if you have a better method of transporting the coaster and does it involve a series of tubes?

Chris "wiring money now" Connolly

Capitalize-- Posting opinions or comedy on a website does not affect the outcome of the project.. Read the disclamer at the bottom of the site.

What are the chances that with this project they could do something similar to what they are doing to the Texas Giant. But instead of just simply changing the track to steel, they could change the whole coaster to an aquatrax? They could even change the layout too!