TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most disturbing movie you've ever seen?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch a lot of movies and trade stocks on a website called the Hollywood Stock Exchange. (HSX)

One of the most disturbing movies I've seen in recent years is Asian Director Takashi Miike's movie 'Audition'.

The movie is a very visceral experience. It made Bravo's 100 Scariest movies list at # 11.

Here a clip from Bravo.

Enjoy!

^See to me Hostel was so much more gory then disturbing, its a pretty scary movie dont get me wrong, but its just not disturbing IMO. That said I can see where some people could take it as disturbing.

For me the most disturbing movie would probably be Requiem for a Dream. If you haven't seen it I HIGHLY recommend it, especially if you're considering doing any form of drug. However, in a couple days I wills start reading A Clockwork Orange and then seeing the movie, so that could surpass it in a few weeks.

EDIT: ^^ Just finished watching the preview for that, and the trailer was disturbing to me, idk what the whole movie is like. Though from the trailer I had a hard time getting what the movie is actually about, any help?

Edited by cprocks22

^My friends and I turned that on one night (I'm not sure which FoD it actually was), and I had to leave the room during the scene where the natives eat the monkey's brain. I felt sick for the rest of the evening. I don't even care if some of the footage was fake, it was still too much. Not fun.

One of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen was Suspiria. The barbed-wire scene... oh Lord. In my opinion, worse than Silent Hill.

I have a pretty high tolerance for the disturbing, but I will say the one scene I wish I could unwatch is the "curb stomp" from American History X. I have watched that fantastic movie dozens of times, but have only watched that scene once. It really messed with me. Now I either turn away or fast forward past.

^ Me too for Orange, but I thought the book was way more disturbing since it was more graphic in detail, especially at the Ludovico torture part. The beginning scene to The Exorcist also gave me chills, and even the ending to the Blair Witch Project kinda scared me. Maybe I frighten to easily...

It wasn't an amazing movie or anything but there's a scene in Carriers that just really got me.

It's with Christopher Meloni from Law and Order and his daughter and they're basically left to die as their ride leaves them.

^^That scene definitely got to me. The whole movie was pretty depressing (but really good), but the scene that was most disturbing was when (SPOILER ALERT) the younger brother had to kill the older brother. The thought of having to kill my older brother in order to survive and go on is not something I like to think about so it was definitely a disturbing scene for me.

The entire movie The Signal is pretty disturbing. It plays with your mind and you never really know if what you are watching is real or not. It's a great movie and I would definitely suggest it. Another that shares some similarities to The Signal is Pontypool. It's disturbing it its own way and is a great take on the 'sort-of-zombie' movies (the ones where they're like zombies in some way shape or form, but aren't really).

It usually takes a lot for hollywood movies to have even a slight effect on me, most of the time nothing seems to phase me. However, the classic youtube video Rubber Johnny is downright disturbing...just imagining seeing someone with that condition trippin' out and stuff would probably do it for me. Not sure if the whole Rubber Johnny is just special effects, or if there really is a teen with that condition that they filmed...

Oh my god, I'm watching parts of Men Behind The Sun and it really is beyond words

QFT. Especially the scene where they drug the little boy and take his heart out.

The part with the man in the pressure chamber was just... I dunno, just really shocking!

The part where they take the boy to bits wasn't that bad because he was asleep, and didn't suffer anywhere near as badly as the woman who had her arms frozen off, or the people who were blown up with ceramic bombs that had fleas in them...

It usually takes a lot for hollywood movies to have even a slight effect on me, most of the time nothing seems to phase me. However, the classic youtube video Rubber Johnny is downright disturbing...just imagining seeing someone with that condition trippin' out and stuff would probably do it for me. Not sure if the whole Rubber Johnny is just special effects, or if there really is a teen with that condition that they filmed...

So I watched that for the first time just now. And I really don't know if I watched the right one.

I mean, it was more of a techno music video than anything, I really can't figure out what the hell it's supposed to mean. Though I have to say, the beginning was really creepy. The whole "mama" thing freaked the heck out of me, and the dog. But the rest of it seemed more fun than anything.

EDIT: Okay, I take it back. Two sleepless nights, with Johnny's face stuck in my mind... Oh my God.

Edited by onewheeled999