TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Here are some photos of the construction going on at Holiday World that I took yesterday (Sunday, 6/29/14) from the Hyena Falls platform. Quite a bit of progress has been made since my last visit a week ago!

HWconstruction2.thumb.jpeg.23d7495a2d9a914edeab23de710eaaff.jpeg

Here is the row of footers that appear to be for a long, linear section of track. You can also kind of make out the "almond shape" cut into some of them in the distance.

HWconstruction5.thumb.jpeg.13eeef5f01c7cbe4e0d0f3d2328470c8.jpeg

Distinct clearings have been made where the coaster will likely cross over the Voyage at two points (once before the 3rd hill, once after the 3rd hill). While riding the Voyage, you can also see where trees on the other side of the track have been cleared away for a twisting coaster path back in the woods!

HWconstruction1.thumb.jpeg.c2747535aea19048c50151f1fdbdefcf.jpeg

Here is the newest, largest footer, which was not present when I visited the park last Sunday. This thing is massive and sits right in a corner along the back end of the Hyena Falls complex. There is definitely not enough room for a full sized turn here, so I will be very interested to find out what element these footers will support. This thing is VERY close to Hyena Falls.

HWconstruction3.thumb.jpeg.63561e8dba6d0d06db17f902fdd10f52.jpeg

A lot of groundwork has also taken place here in the last week. This dirt path was originally much deeper and housed those strange "dirt cubes" with rods sticking out of the top. Those are no longer present.

HWconstruction4.thumb.jpeg.12ead58e2f5df85516214bb416564155.jpeg

Finally, here's an overview of the construction site. I am so unbelievably excited!

Given the weight of the wing rider trains, I don't know how feasible a launch with them would be.

Are B&M wing coaster trains that much heavier than furius baco's? (maybe we should only compare heide park's one as it has only six rows, like baco)

^^I was amazed at how big Hyena Falls expanded the park last year, but seeing those photos... wow! I totally underestimated how big this is supposed to be. Still excited for the announcement!

Here are some photos of the construction going on at Holiday World that I took yesterday (Sunday, 6/29/14) from the Hyena Falls platform. Quite a bit of progress has been made since my last visit a week ago!

In your last photo (the slightly pano one) is that huge footer you have another picture of located just out of frame (bottom left corner) of the last photo? If so, I see what you mean by it being crazy close to Hyena Falls.

Wow that's CRAZY close to Hyena Falls. No wonder they can't let the campaign go beyond 66 days...it's right there for all to see. This project looks to be HUGE! And this appears to be just ONE ride. I don't think this is going to be a one ride expansion. I don't think this project is just going to be a million or two over the thanksgiving expansion. I think we are in for some very nice and amazing surprises. Which brings me it my next point, I was thinking this morning how everyone seems to be using the 66daysatsea clues to try to guess this one main ride.... I bet some of these clues aren't even pertaining to the main ride we are all talking about. Some of these clues could be for other rides or park improvements that are a all apart of this expansion. I just wonder of we aren't all just thinking too small. HW doesn't play games when it comes to stuff like this, and this is their chance to leave KK in the dust and show everyone that the family issues in the past couple of years have changed nothing at the park. This is kinda their we are back and better than ever statement. And you can be sure that this is something that was for sure a part of Will's original plan. Wow I'm just super excited now!

I don't mean to sound picky, but I really hope it's not another Invert. Why would we get something another park has near by? I think HW should go somewhere different with this ride. KI and KK have hyper - hyperish coasters. All of them have the classic woodies. Really, the only kind of coasters that would bring something new in is, a floor less. A giga, a wing rider, a really fast pace, long lasting launch coaster, or an RMC woodie. I know an RMC is out of question, but it's something different. Just my 2 cents.

When have we ever gotten any confirmation that this was a B&M?

Confirmation is a bit strong but look at the footings in the center of this image.

And now look at Banshee's footings.

KI-2014%20087.jpg

They look identical to my eyes. I'm waiting for someone more well-versed in manufacturer footings to clue us in as to whether other companies use the oval/almond shaped cutout or not.

please note that I'm new to this discussion!

I saw a post on Instagram about a "wooden box" that had items in it labeled 5/19/14, I did some researching, if the slogan is "66 days at sea", maybe the coaster will be announced July 22nd? and call me crazy, but I think the new coaster will be a giant Intamin Aquatrax themed to the mayflower

please note that I'm new to this discussion!

I saw a post on Instagram about a "wooden box" that had items in it labeled 5/19/14, I did some researching, if the slogan is "66 days at sea", maybe the coaster will be announced July 22nd? and call me crazy, but I think the new coaster will be a giant Intamin Aquatrax themed to the mayflower

Just to fill you in, the announcement is being made on July 24th at the end of the 66 day countdown. We're almost there!

I don't mean to sound picky, but I really hope it's not another Invert. Why would we get something another park has near by? I think HW should go somewhere different with this ride. KI and KK have hyper - hyperish coasters. All of them have the classic woodies. Really, the only kind of coasters that would bring something new in is, a floor less. A giga, a wing rider, a really fast pace, long lasting launch coaster, or an RMC woodie. I know an RMC is out of question, but it's something different. Just my 2 cents.

Giga is also out of the question considering that holiday world is geared towards families.

Giga is also out of the question considering that holiday world is geared towards families.

A Giga is highly unlikely but not because of the park's slant toward families. The Voyage is one the most intense and relentless coasters in the world - certainly far more intense than Millennium Force or Leviathan.

Given the clues, we are likely looking at something that inverts - probably ruling out Hyper/Giga coasters.

Edited by LogBur

Thanks for sharing! I'm excited that we have further confirmation of a B&M! Now what is the layout going to be . . .

When have we ever gotten any confirmation that this was a B&M?

I guess I used the wrong word. I really meant that this is further proof that we have a B&M.

Concerning the announcement, is there a specific time on July 24th the ride is going to be announced?

I don't think any times have been announced yet but I'm sure in the coming days the park will say something...if it isn't just the morning of the 24th.