TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

one train operations, that'll not be fun. well beats having it closed while waiting for the new trains

My one and only trip to Holiday World had one-train operation on all three coasters. The park was packed, and it took over an hour each to get our credits for the day. I was not impressed.

^Yeah, out of the 3 coasters at Holiday World, Voyage is the one that needs multi-train op. Last time I went, Raven was running with one train and it wasn't too bad. Legend is a little longer, but still no big deal if it goes into single train mode. Voyage on the other hand...

Still, cant wait to head up for my 3rd trip this year to ride Wildbeest and hopefully the Timberliners. Do you think they'll be ready in time for Holiwood Nights?

I was going to go to Indiana Beach's opening day on May 1st. but there isn't anything special going on at IB that day, so I might go to Holiday World that day since I haven't ridden Voyage (I went to HW in 2001). I'd like to ride it with the PTCs, and than come back sometime in the summer and ride it with the Timberliners.

Well that's a bummer, but I'm still pumped about opening day. And I have no worries about the one train ops. It's surprisingly light every opening day due to it always being held the same day as the Kentucky Derby (among other reasons). The longest wait is always to get season passes processed and even that only takes 10-15 min. I'm just glad the off season is over!

Holiday World has sent us a press release about their being feature on TV once again, this time on the Rachel Ray Show!

Holiday World and the whimsically-named town of Santa Claus, Indiana, will be featured Tuesday on the Emmy-award winning Rachael Ray Show.

“We were approached late last year by one of Rachael Ray’s producers,” says Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari president Will Koch. “They asked us to submit video about our park and also the story of how our town was named.” Koch, Santa Claus, and several local children appeared in the video footage submitted to the popular talk show, which is watched daily by an estimated 2.6 million viewers.

“We sent them lots of footage of the park and the town for this segment about towns with unusual names,” says Koch. “We’re thrilled to have this opportunity to tell the story of our town to millions of people.” The segment is expected to be featured on The Rachael Ray Show’s website after the program airs on Tuesday.

The Rachael Ray Show airs in syndication at the following times and channels:

Evansville, Ind. WEHT-TV (Channel 25) 3 pm CDT

Louisville, Ky. WDRB-TV (Channel 41) 1 pm EDT

Indianapolis, Ind. WISH-TV (Channel 8) 3 pm EDT

Terre Haute, Ind. WTWO-TV (Channel 2) 3 pm EDT

Nashville, Tenn. WTVF-TV (Channel 5) 9 am CDT

Over the years, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari have been featured on a variety of national television networks, including CBS’s 48 Hours, The Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, and an upcoming episode of World’s Toughest Fixes on National Geographic Channel.

Holiday World’s 64th season begins this Saturday, May 1. The premiere of the World’s Longest Water Coaster, Wildebeest, is May 14, Splashin’ Safari’s opening day. For more information about Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, visit the parks’ website or call 1-877-463-2645.

Did you read http://www.holidayworld.com/clubs?

Please pre-register online by May 12, 2010 to avoid the dreaded $15 Procrastination Tax.

and further down the page:

For on-site registration (online pre-registration is available through 5/12/10), add a $15 Procrastination Tax

If you download the flyer and want to order by mail instead of online, the deadline is 5/5/10.

Oh, wow. Those look better than I thought that they would. Lovin' that blue. I like that lap bar idea, does anyone know if there is going to be a seatbelt? Sorry if that was asked already but I really hope not.

I thought that the trains wouldn't be ready till later? Or did I miss something??