TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

The Voyage will have its mid course brake set to stop this season. I was surprised by it on my first ride this morning. One of the coaster maintanence guys was standing at the control panel when we got back. He confirmed that it will be on all season, except for Holiwood Nights. I asked him how easy it was to change it back to just a trim and he went to the control panel and switched it back to the old program! This is one of the reasons I love this park so much!

Glad it will be one of my new home parks! I'll get to experience the real Voyage next year then.

Edited by gerstlaueringvar

Two words - NAILED IT! In everyway. The theming, the whole plaza, the ride... The speed is PERFECT to feel all the forces. You can hear the roar from the front gates of the park!

Great to hear! I should be jealous for those riding it right now, but I'm going to be patient and wait till July.

The Voyage will have its mid course brake set to stop this season. I was surprised by it on my first ride this morning. One of the coaster maintanence guys was standing at the control panel when we got back. He confirmed that it will be on all season, except for Holiwood Nights. I asked him how easy it was to change it back to just a trim and he went to the control panel and switched it back to the old program! This is one of the reasons I love this park so much!

Interesting. Any particular reason for this?

Seriously?! Not that I'm going to make it to HW this year or the near future but that's a major bummer. One of the main reasons the ride is one of my top favorites is because it doesn't let up the whole ride - especially after that MCBR. Very disappointed. My favorite airtime hill was the one coming out of the tripple down. Glad I got to ride it a bunch last year...

Wait, what? As in the train will come to a complete stop before the triple down tunnel?

Wait, what? As in the train will come to a complete stop before the triple down tunnel?

But, what will the impact be on the ride?

Hope it's not neutered, I keep arriving at the party too late and get these neutered rides and I'll be kicking myself royally if I finally get to HW and have to experience a half reduced Voyage.

Edit: Well you say it was still a good ride but the AT was now "non existent" can't lie YES I know it'll be a great ride still but that's pretty disappointing.

The new POV is amazing! Looks really fast, and since POVs and esp wing coasters tend to look slower than in reality, that ride must really move!

Edited by JJLehto

The Voyage news makes me sad, but honestly if it keeps people from being beat up, then I'm for it, as long as it's only temporary.

Thunderbird looks great! I should be able to make it up there within the next month to check it out!

BTW, I love the sound of the launch.

The Voyage news makes me sad, but honestly if it keeps people from being beat up, then I'm for it, as long as it's only temporary.

Thunderbird looks great! I should be able to make it up there within the next month to check it out!

Indeed but I think most enthusiasts would agree with me, would love ONE ride unrestrained! I'll take the beating

Since it's so easily turned off, I think TPR needs to make a visit here and have Robb convince em Peter Griffin style to turn the MCBR off, "cmooooon"

Yeah that launch was a thing of beauty. This is gunna be my first wing rider, and I'm gunna end up spoiled from it!

Basically losing the airtime in the triple down and the airtime moments after that probably won't be as powerful. The ride is still going to pick up a ton of speed by the time it gets all the way down to the station.

The way I look at it, they have to do what have to do to make the track work last.

Indeed but I think most enthusiasts would agree with me, would love ONE ride unrestrained! I'll take the beating

Since it's so easily turned off, I think TPR needs to make a visit here and have Robb convince em Peter Griffin style to turn the MCBR off, "cmooooon"

Yeah that launch was a thing of beauty. This is gunna be my first wing rider, and I'm gunna end up spoiled from it!

The MCBR is not turned off today, but i did speak with a maintenance guy and he confirmed it. Btw, Thunderbird is fantastic and you'll really like it. I've had 8 laps so far and love it!

The triple down is my favorite part of Voyage and was key in why i loved it so much. i am sad to hear this news but i still look forward to riding it this summer hopefully it doesnt change my opinion too much.

I am enjoying all of these positive reports for Thunderbird.

Basically losing the airtime in the triple down and the airtime moments after that probably won't be as powerful. The ride is still going to pick up a ton of speed by the time it gets all the way down to the station.

The way I look at it, they have to do what have to do to make the track work last.

Which is a bummer they have to alter the ride from the way it was originally operating. They have had such bad luck with trying to keep the damage to the track at a minimum..

Seriously?! Not that I'm going to make it to HW this year or the near future but that's a major bummer. One of the main reasons the ride is one of my top favorites is because it doesn't let up the whole ride - especially after that MCBR. Very disappointed. My favorite airtime hill was the one coming out of the tripple down. Glad I got to ride it a bunch last year...

Does anyone have a diagram/view/schematics of voyage from the side showing how the track/elevation changes? I've always been surprised by how well it keeps it's speed. Does it climb in elevation on the ride out and then go back down hill on the trip back? Slightly off topic, sorry.

The Thunderbird POV is awesome, and the ride looks great. It's awesome to seeing a B&M launch coaster. I wonder if it will be as reliable as most B&M coasters.

And all yall that have ridden Voyage already can say "aw that sucks" but you've had the experience at least of it unfettered.

Ugh, well I shouldn't dwell on it glad it's still fast and there's (I hope) some airtime after the triple down but forgive me, I don't think it's unreasonable to be pretty bummed about that news. I of course understand why, and why it's a good thing but still...I'll have to know my first ride of it is gunna be maybe 80% of the real thing.

Yeah, considering the flak wingriders get it's extremely promising to hear people already raving about it!

One thing about B&M, may be a launcher but I can't see them ever having reliability issues!

Does anyone have a diagram/view/schematics of voyage from the side showing how the track/elevation changes? I've always been surprised by how well it keeps it's speed. Does it climb in elevation on the ride out and then go back down hill on the trip back? Slightly off topic, sorry.

You're correct. There is about a 100 foot elevation difference between the top of the mid-course break-run and the bottom of the station

While I'm not a fan or Gatekeeper or X-Flight, I do rather like Wild Eagle; so, if Thunderbird is a launched version of Wild Eagle, that would OK by me. Plus, like Wild Eagle, Thunderbird has a very nice setting.

Shame about the MCBR on Voyage as that was my second most anticipated ride at HW. When I watched POV for the ride, I was astonished by how much it was hauling ass after the brake run. It still looks like a great ride regardless.

It just makes me more glad to be visiting during Holiwood Nights. The Thunderbird and Voyage ERT is going to be awesome!

Glad to hear TB is an awesome ride. I love Gatekeeper, so if this is far better than that, it should be incredible.