TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Today's Holiblog post is quite amusing... and relatively revealing.

"I cannot express to you just how huge this responsibility is. It is One. Big. Thing.

I repeat: One. Big. Thing.

This secret is getting harder and harder to contain (thankfully we only have less than two weeks now).

I will say this, though: this is our biggest investment to date.

By far. And it’s One. Big. Thing.

Not a new section with a bunch of new rides, just one massive piece of awesome.

When you finally find out what it is, you’re going to flip.

Wait, I won’t say that."

*high five, guys*

I just read Leah's new holiblog post. Wow all kinds of misdirection and redirection can be taken from her blog, but two things stood out as being two things we can for sure bet one. This is ONE big thing. And she really stressed the ONE and the BIG. She also said this ONE BIG THING was "by far" their largest investment ever. So whatever it is, it's gonna be "massive" (her own words) and VERY VERY expensive with this ONE item costing more than their entire thanksgiving expansion. It has me pretty excited all over again, lol. Also I noticed that Leah really reminds me of her father which is so awesome to see. I know will would be proud and is probably looking down on them from heaven with a huge smile.

"I cannot express to you just how huge this responsibility is. It is One. Big. Thing.

This secret is getting harder and harder to contain (thankfully we only have less than two weeks now).

Wait, I won’t say that."

*high five, guys*

I don't know, I still think they might be adding multiple rides.

Awww! That's so great to see and hear! It's just so awesome to see her grow into many different roles in the park. And you can tell her, that I LOVE her HoliBlog posts. Seems as if she has learned a thing or two from you as well! Such a a amazing group of people you Holiday World folks are! So proud to say that its in my neck of the woods!

I used to work at Targeton Evansville's east side. Every once in awhile I would see Will come in there with his family. One time I finally got the courage to go up to him, shake his hand, and thank him for all that he has done. He was SOO awesome to meet. Such a warm, friendly, and very very humorous man! I also remember him and Pat sitting at a table next to me and my friends eating outside of Plymouth Rock Cafe and they actually asked us what we thought about the menu and quality of the food! It was VERY evident that he really wanted to make sure even something like how well the food tastes was A1! And of course, I REALLY enjoyed seeing him jam with the Beechcombers back when they would perform in Splashin Safari. So many many amazing memories of him and I never even worked there, lived there, or were related to anyone is that family. HW just has this unique ability to make all their guests feel like they are a part of the family!

^ Thanks so much - I have a feeling she'll take a look at this thread tomorrow if not tonight. We've all gotten quite a charge out of reading the musings on here.

LOL I'm glad you guys get a kick out of this thread lol. I actually read back and get a kick out of it as well! Will be REALLY cool once we all know what this "thing" is to read back and laugh. I can only imagine the amusement we are providing you guys lol.

^ Will playing bass with the Beachcombers is one of my favorite memories. He stepping in so that my son (the bass player for the group that first year) could attend his high school graduation. John would have preferred to skip graduation and watch Will play, though! (We did run over to catch a set before it was time to get John in his cap and gown.) The Beatle's "Day Tripper" still chokes me up.

I think they've been pretty clear that this will be one (single) big ride.

Given the recent statements on it's scale, I'm thinking now more than ever that this is going to be a huge looper - something comparable to Banshee and Gatekeeper in scale. There's definitely something else they're getting at other than shear size though, but I'm no closer to putting a finger on it than anyone else's attempts so far. Somehow though, I think we can start expecting to see B&M try something new here (for the company at least, not necessarily the industry).

Oh this suspense is killer. All the guessing and reguessing everyone has done on here is crazy. RavenMaven, you really have us enthusiasts head over heels for this new huge ride. This is the best pr I've ever seen with pretty much anything, so good job guys. I'm really proud to get to say that Holiday World is my home park, and in my opinion, the best park. I love you guys so much, and thank you for helping to shape my childhood and make it have lasting memories.

I am feeling very optimistic about this ride after the blog.

It really does sound like it is going to be a very unique and massive ride. Still having a hard time getting my head around a B&M being the manufacturer, but it sure looks like it will be.

Personally, I am hoping for a very low to the ground, LONG ride, racing through the trees, with tons of bunny hops and turns, using the terrain.

I'm just going to pop in to share three of my observations from my day at the park yesterday.

1. That "pit" we used to be concerned about is now filled with water. I thought it was rain water, but that would be an awful lot of rain water. So that may be relevant or not idk.

2. There are two walls near Hyena being built of wood that look like they could be for a shed. My take on this is that it could be for the compressors or lims for a possible launch. Its directly beside those in-footers that were speculated to be for a launch in the first place.

3. There's about 5 new footers incredibly close to Voyage. Two of them are like side by side and probably four or five feet away from Voyage's base. And these things are HUGE. I mean whatever that is has to be supporting quite the load.

Did anybody else catch where she has been given the authority to "give a few things away" over the next 12 days? So the "one big thing" isn't the only thing she will be dropping.

12 days of Christmas? Oh the suspense....

So, I take it no one took "T-minus..." as a hint towards a launch? Or the "roughly a mile a minute" as a "full speed" of the coaster? 0-62.1MPH would fit nicely into all of those dropped hints.

Wait, I won’t say that."

*high five, guys*

I don't know, I still think they might be adding multiple rides.

I'm really hoping this was sarcasm.