TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

From what the footers outline of what appears to be coaster track, in combination with the google earth overview, here's what we could be seeing right there. The black line represents coaster track. That's at least what this looks like to me. Makes sense, anyway.

image.thumb.jpg.08f5331dc801486ba3e22377e10a4bda.jpg

Here's a layered version of the shredded map and a Google Maps image with the clearings marked by LogBur.

10449644_10152265481307851_483228727_n.jpg?oh=434d7b52acffcb8fb2fbe8e34b1b708e&oe=53920281

Since this is all about speculation, I've gone ahead and marked in red a vague track path. IF "The Pit" is just a clearing for station slab and platform, I could see the survey markers to the south being for the new walking path (with landscaping and the ability for future growth) needed to get to the new coaster and any misc. additions such as games or even another ride.

Now remember that the red track path is only speculation and extremely vague seeing as I only have evidence of one (possible) feature from the shredded map.

Another topic I wanted to bring up was the 66DaysAtSea journal entries. Has anyone thought of the idea that the images/video in the daily entries being a "visual map" of the ride itself? We have been shown plenty of sky/cloud pictures (hills) and a couple underwater videos (tunnels or water features) as well as random drawings. The seagull, in my mind, could be a term Holiday World is going to call one of the possible inversions. If that is true, I could easily see them naming a complex inversion or feature "The Mayflower" after the actual flower in the drawing. The only one I'm stuck on is the Mastiff. Though, that could be in reference to just a dog (a chain dog).

Again, just thinking of possible clues that lie within these repeated cloud images.

Edited by OneOfTheWills

Anyone think we have a potential name in Oceanus?

According to history, Oceanus was the only person born on the Mayflower during its voyage to America, but he died at the age of 3. I think the name fits decently well with all of the hints relating to the power of the ocean, right?

"For one so tiny, he is quite loud"... this makes me think this project may be a terra-coaster or something low to the ground. Just my initial thoughts.

I don't think naming a coaster after a long deceased child is that great an idea.

"For one so tiny, he is quite loud"... this makes me think this project may be a terra-coaster or something low to the ground. Just my initial thoughts.

Maybe the "loud" mention is in reference to a certain type of coaster known for its noise?

I don't think naming a coaster after a long deceased child is that great an idea.

Haha! I'm glad someone thought the same as me. I've seen this a few places and think that would be an odd idea. Also, because the name is from a real person, I'm not sure how usage rights play into that...just from my background, I know avoiding an actual persons name as a title is ideal.

The pit could possibly be a dark section with a vertical drop maybe.

I hope not. I hate gimmicky rides like that.

My first thought about the pit was a water feature near the end of the ride. After browsing some coaster construction photos, the pit looks like leveling for brake run footers, a transfer area, or station platform and footers. I'm still going with large pool of water for now...maybe both?

My new thought of the day is that this is a B&M. I'm sure everyone instantly thought of that when one of the clues mentioned "being so loud".

On top of that, I was looking through blueprints of past projects and the markings in the shredded paper document looks almost identical to those found on Gatekeeper. As for that "N" being on that document, I don't think that is something that we can ignore.

With that being said, I hope it isn't a WingRider but like someone mentioned, that is the B&M specialty currently. The similarity of the blueprints was originally mentioned on CoasterBuzz. Here is the picture of GateKeepers:

It is especially similar to the final helix. One more thing worth noting is how the supports are labeled... "C62L, C63L, C64L"... which indicates that the ride is coming from the top left part of the picture (I know, Captain Obvious). The thing that isn't obvious is how it relates to length since each ride requires a different amount of supports, but I think it can serve as a rough estimate of what HW's New Coaster minimum length is. Since there are about 110 (approximate) supports relating to GK's 4164', the 73 on HW's puts it at a 2763' minimum. Again, this is not an exact science by any means since each coaster is extremely different but I am just trying to do as much deciphering as possible.

I am excited to see what Robb's shredded document looks like.

Edited by sirchubs33

It appears as though the "pit" is being cleared and flatted in similar fashion to how Busch Gardens's did when building the show building for verbolten. I think the reason they may have said once construction get's started later this summer there will be no hiding it will be due to the fact that they usually they have the construct the track before the show building is erected around it.

bo1104rk01_001hw.jpg

That said... we could be looking at a multi- launch coaster as well. Could Mack, Intamin, or Zierer be on tap for this project? Or could we be looking at a Gerstlauer Euro Fighter with an beginning section that starts within a building

They could possibly theme the indoor show building to an underwater theme.

HAHA! Is it wrong that I laughed at this??

Aren't 99.9999% of Rides and Coasters a "Gimmick?" lol

It seems that way lately, which is why I love the idea of coasters like Lightning Run and Banshee, which are two examples of companies going back to the basics. (Although Banshee is marketed as the "Longest/Fastest" inverted coaster...)

With that being said, I hope it isn't a WingRider but like someone mentioned, that is the B&M specialty currently. The similarity of the blueprints was originally mentioned on CoasterBuzz. Here is the picture of GateKeepers:

I don't think a Wing Rider would be terrible. Isn't Wild Eagle well thought of? Since B&M has made several Wing Riders including Gatekeeper, which received mixed reviews, maybe they will want to break the mold. Their motivation could be the success of Banshee.

On another note, I don't 'think' that the pit will be the station/transfer track, just because it seems so far away from the park pathway, expansion or not. This is going to make the Thanksgiving section massive. I also wonder how they are going to keep the water park with the new slide complex separate from the new expansion. I'm sure HW has a carefully thought out plan for this, but if you look at the google map, this looks like it may be a difficult thing to do without making a jumbled fenced off mess. This leads me to my worst fear that the pit WILL be the station/transfer track and will be accessible to the water park... My concern with this is that it would mean the coaster would be a water "coaster." Being an obvious pessimist... I can't help but to fear a let down. (sfstl this is your fault)

Is there any chance the footers could still belong to some kind of shoot the shoots ride? Although a coaster seems probable at this point, it's still not necessarily confirmed.

I don't think a Wing Rider would be terrible.

I don't either... they're high capacity, smooth coasters with great capacity that are very popular. Like any good nerd I was watching the new Cedar Point video cam yesterday at rope drop and the majority of people ran right for Gatekeeper (Dragster has been closed for at least 3 days or some people may have gone there I guess). Enthusiasts generally don't like them (I actually really enjoy them myself) but everyone else seems to as they usually have long lines despite their great capacity. They are very expensive though so I'd be surprised if Holiday World went that route.

Edited by coasterbill

I don't think a Wing Rider would be terrible.

I don't either... they're high capacity, smooth coasters with great capacity that are very popular. Like any good nerd I was watching the new Cedar Point video cam yesterday at rope drop and the majority of people ran right for Gatekeeper (Dragster has been closed for a least 3 days or some people may have gone there I guess). Enthusiasts generally don't like them (I actually really enjoy them myself) but everyone else seems to as they usually have long lines despite their great capacity. They are very expensive though so I'd be surprised if Holiday World went that route.

Although I've only ridden X-Flight, I found it to be really fun. My not-so-enthusiast wife loved it.

I know Wing Riders are expensive, but didn't X-Flight cost around 15 Million? I think we could reasonably expect a 20 Million dollar expansion with the success that Holiday World has had.

On another note, I was looking at the layout of Pilgrim's Plunge. It looks like it could easily be converted into some kind of traditional boat ride or interactive boat ride. I definitely think we're looking at a Multi-Ride expansion.

I guess I'm the only one who has both been hoping for and predicting a B&M Wing this whole time? With all the talk of birds in the early journal entries and the repetition of mentioning the sky, I haven't been able to avoid picturing a seagull in flight...getting plenty of air time. I'd really like to fly through those trees and splash in some water like a coastal bird...

Back on the idea of the pit. I'm still thinking it is a pool for a end-of-ride water feature but looking at photos of Flight of The Demons, the pit in the

looks a lot like the "pit" dug for the lift hill of Flight of The Demons. So, for those thinking that a station in the pit area is too far back...maybe the station is further south with the lift in the pit area?

Also, I don't see $20mil being out of the range. I think if the budget was, say, $15mil they wouldn't have made such a big deal about it in the press release seeing as that is only $2mil more than their highest. $7mil+ is saying something.

The Wings I have been on are decent rides, but I personally am hoping for something that could potentially be a Top 10 coaster. Obviously whatever HW decides to do is what they have found to be in their best interest but as an enthusiast I would want something with more "OMFG" potential.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the picture of the Mastiff (to this point) has no meaning. The thing that makes me think there is something hidden in there is the name of the picture "MastiffSketchBelievable" and the sketchiness of the dogs jowls in the drawing. Something is weird. Also, is it safe to say that we, the enthusiasts, are referred to as the "children" in all of the hints?

Well, seeing that plan I would discard Intamin. Their footers are round. We could be looking at a B&M, a Mack or a Zierer (and probably others). Although the plans point to a B&M, I wish it will be a Mack launched in Helix style. Would be a great choice, they have great reliability and those trains with lap bars are perfect. Any clue on when will this coaster be discovered?

I think Wing Riders are excellent rides... I was finally able to ride Wild Eagle as well recently (along with Gatekeeper) and both are great rides. I prefer Gatekeeper, but those night rides during ERT on Wild Eagle were incredible with how dark it was!

At first, I did not care much for either of them... But once you ride a few times and find the better seats, they are extremely good rides.

I threw together a quick composite based on the directional marking being accurate and took the liberty of extrapolating potential blueprint size/ride area based on the shredded piece being the upper-left most 1/16th chunk of the ride layout.

I feel this lines up better with the Voyage crossover near the "pit" clearing and the path in the upper right of the shredded bit could just be new maintenance access off of the existing path. This ride area would obviously be large enough to include the reuse of Giraffica's station as well.

This is all very much "eyeballed" and I'm frankly just taking a stab in the dark based on the information at hand. Now that we're dorking it up pretty hard, I imagine the shredded blueprint is a complete misdirection.

While I would rather it not be a Wing Coaster (Cedar Point is too Close!) And really hope it's not a water coaster (Just not a fan.) I'll be happy even if it is those things! I'm not gonna be like well crap they are building a multi million dollar attraction and it's not what I wanted most! LoL I feel like a B&M speed coaster or a launched ride of some kind is ideal though. I feel the area really lacks a SOLID launch coaster. Looking at you Kings Island! (NO FOF does not count and we all know stunt coaster doesn't count!) I guess I'll be happy either way though !

^I'll have to agree with that. The last thing I wanna see is a B&M at the park. But no matter what goes in, it will be good because it's at Holiday World. Some friends/acquaintances/foes have accused me of being bias towards Holiday World. But when a park treats you that well year after year, time and time again, it's hard to find bad things to say. Even the small squabbles don't register because there is so much good there.