TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What park should have an Intamin Mega-Lite?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that someone in california will buy one...particulary in an area in California that's stricken with a height requirement...

I don't know why, but I agree with this. It seems like a "northern" California alternative to not being able to build a full-fledged hyper.

Build one at Six Flags Magic Mountain and start the Intamin frenzy for Elissa!

Andrew "No but seriously SFMM!" Iorio

I there is no space and they are going to have 17 roller coasters by 2011. They would not drop $15,000,000 just to beat Cedar Point for the most roller coasters, they need to work on their kiddie coasters more.

There is plenty of space at SFMM for what ever the park wants to build.

I agree Megalites should be like the Batman Clone of coasters every park should have one lol

A big misconception with magic mountain and space is this.

If you look at the park going up X2's lift you get a pretty god panaramic view of the whole park. If I had to give a percentage, only about 40% of the parks airspace is full. The majority of the parks coasters sit on the outer border. There is tons of space for an out-and-back design coaster. One spot I mentioned in the MM thread is the backside of Deja Vu up to the infield of X and Viper. There's all the empty space between Scream and the rest of the park. There is the space between Riddler's and Terminator. And not to mention (in all seriousness) there is still tons of parking lot left to chip into.

I think Hersheypark would be a good candidate for a Mega-Lite, custom or not. Hersheypark really doesn't have an airtime machine. In fact, the only coaster at Hersheypark that I think comes close is Lightning Racer, and even then it's just small pops and a little floater.

I really don't think it would fit in at Knoebel's. Granted, it would be cool, but Knoebel's seems too traditional for something like that.

It would fit better in parks with larger rides, like a Cedar Fair or a Six Flags park.

Kennywood has always been considered a traditional amusement park (also a national historic landmark), but that didn't stop them from putting in a big hyper coaster when given the opportunity. Just because a park is labeled as traditional doesn't mean they have to stop buying new rides and roller coasters.

I think it would fit in well at Gadv, to be honest. The right side of the park is almost a ghost town after the last 3 major coasters were built so close to each other on the left side, and Old Country has been closed and could use a major coaster and a Mega lite would help both of those situations

I say that SFFT deserves a mega-lite. They coulld put one in the boardwalk area that would fit perfectly, right next to Tony Hawk's. They also haven't got a *new* roller coaster since 2007 (I don't count Goliath because Sea World has Great White which is 20 minutes down the road).

• 4 months later...

SFDK or CGA. Both of can use a ride like this. CGA hasn't gotten a new coaster since 2001 and the compact style could really fit in with the park. SFDK needs something thrilling that doesn't take up much space, they are geting sky screamer but is small for a star flyer which makes it not that thrilling.

Michigan's Adventure.

I know they already have 7 coasters and the park is tiny, but they could really use a Mega-Lite. Plus they are the only CF park to not have that BIG steel monster, besides CGA (they could use anything at this point).

The GP only wanting bigger/faster makes sense but I have done a fair amount of travelling and most people at other parks don't even know a 420 ft coaster even exists. There was a group of people in line for Storm Runner that were saying how cool it would be if they made a coaster like it that was faster and taller. They were shocked when I told them about TTD and Kingda Ka. Depending on what region you are in or what nearby parks there are, size doesn't matter. When MiA built ThunderHawk people all knew that it was a ride that your feet dangle like Raptor. I'd say 80% of the guests at that park have never been on an SLC before that, but the crowds love it there.

MiA could get the Wisconsin crowds using the high speed ferry to Muskegon, the people from up north, Indiana and Chicago area looking for something new, and the park has been doing better and better every year since the CF acquisition.

The only other places that I have been that I could see getting one would be Kentucky Kingdom, Great Escape, Lake Compounce (put it back by the second train station), Waldameer, Holiday World

Michigan's Adventure.

I know they already have 7 coasters and the park is tiny, but they could really use a Mega-Lite. Plus they are the only CF park to not have that BIG steel monster, besides CGA (they could use anything at this point).

MiA could get the Wisconsin crowds using the high speed ferry to Muskegon, the people from up north, Indiana and Chicago area looking for something new, and the park has been doing better and better every year since the CF acquisition.

I could not agree with you more on Michigan's Adventure. They have a lot of room or expansion to put a Mega-Lite. When I visited the park in September of 2009, I could say it was crowded with 10 minute lines for everything (even with the water park open) Yeah, I know the park is very water park driven, and their 2010 addition should be helpful, but the ride side is lacking a bit. When the water park was closing towards the end of the day, the ride side was packed until closing...

Honestly, even if Michigan's Adventure doesn't have a BIG steel monster, Shivering Timbers is their wooden monster. That ride is great and really put them on the map, and I do think a Mega-Lite could do the same. Same goes with Kentucky Kingdom.

Michigan's Adventure.

The GP only wanting bigger/faster makes sense but I have done a fair amount of travelling and most people at other parks don't even know a 420 ft coaster even exists. There was a group of people in line for Storm Runner that were saying how cool it would be if they made a coaster like it that was faster and taller. They were shocked when I told them about TTD and Kingda Ka. Depending on what region you are in or what nearby parks there are, size doesn't matter. When MiA built ThunderHawk people all knew that it was a ride that your feet dangle like Raptor. I'd say 80% of the guests at that park have never been on an SLC before that, but the crowds love it there.

The only other places that I have been that I could see getting one would be Kentucky Kingdom, Great Escape, Lake Compounce (put it back by the second train station), Waldameer, Holiday World

This would make me so happy.

• 2 years later...

Now that's it's been 2 WHOLE YEARS I think we need to revive this topic, anybody got any good ideas for where a Mega-Lite should go next? I personally think Funtown Splashtown USA in Maine would be nice. It's small enough to not be too extreme for the family friendly park but big enough to draw a crowd, just like Excalibur there.

I personally think Funtown Splashtown USA in Maine would be nice. It's small enough to not be too extreme for the family friendly park but big enough to draw a crowd, just like Excalibur there.

Um. NO!

Edited by larrygator