TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

2016 is going to shock most of you (from what the dippin dots guy told me anyway). There's an element that's new to America and almost everyone thought was impossible at this park. The photo ops will be breathtaking for sure.

Please be more specific. Given this is your first post, you have no credibility.

Apocalypse at Magic Mountain is still smooth after a couple years now, so Six Flags must be taking care of it.

Apocalypse is far from smooth. Just ask the people in the SFMM thread!

(Personally, I don't think it's as bad as some people say, but it's definitely not a smooth coaster!)

I don't think it's as smooth as butter, but I also dont find it rough. It'd somewhere in the middle, which I like.

2016 is going to shock most of you (from what the dippin dots guy told me anyway). There's an element that's new to America and almost everyone thought was impossible at this park. The photo ops will be breathtaking for sure.

So what does that mean.

The lake! It means the lake!

But probably not.

So what does that mean.

But probably not.

Aquatrax around and into the lake.

So what does that mean.

But probably not.

Aquatrax around and into the lake.

Just like the Mega Millions says, "Hey, you never know."

I am just going to throw this in there.... Based on the hint... I don't think I am seeing Aquatrax here, Instead I am learning towards A Vekoma Tilt Coaster... why, because who in their mind would think a Vekoma would come to SFGADV, and the tilt coaster would be first of its kind in the US and this would also be photo op central!

From the hints, the only thing I can think of so far would be an observation wheel, like the High Roller in Las Vegas, or the Singapore Flyer in Singapore. These kind of "observation wheels" as opposed to traditional ferris wheels haven't really entered the US market as far as I can tell. It certainly would be a photo opportunity. It may also shock people because there's never exactly been room for something like that.

Who knows, maybe I am talking out of my ass, but it's a possibility.

EDIT: It appears that there are more observation wheels in America than I had originally thought. Carry on.

I need something to believe in. I've already moved passed El Diablo. And besides, any speculation leads to discussion, which can also lead to new developments. Discussion often evolves from one topic to another, when based on speculation. It's always enjoyable to think of possible rides that could be added.

Can we at least open for the season before we start our speculation on 2016... Our new roller coaster for this year isn't even built yet

Don't worry. Your new "roller coaster" will pull in any day now. Will they leave it on the flat bed and put some skirting around it or will they permanetely brace it to the ground? You'd think they would leave it on the trailer in case they want to move it.

I still can't believe they're adding a god damn carney ride to SFGAdv. I rode one of those at Coney Island. I rode one of those at the local god damn fair. Disappointed.

Still want to make the trek back to Jersey for my beloved El Toro though.

I honestly don't get the hate on El Diablo being a carnival ride, after all...

Deja Vu = carnival ride

Swashbuckler = carnival ride

Tango = carnival ride

Twister = carnival ride

Fender Benders = carnival ride

Buccaneer = carnival ride

SkyScreamer = taller version of a carnival ride

Giant Wheel = taller version of a carnival ride

Them marketing it as a roller coaster? Sure, I can see the backlash at that, but El Diablo isn't bad addition to the park's non-coaster lineup.

I still can't believe they're adding a god damn carney ride to SFGAdv. I rode one of those at Coney Island. I rode one of those at the local god damn fair. Disappointed.

Deja Vu = carnival ride

Tango = carnival ride

Twister = carnival ride

Them marketing it as a roller coaster? Sure, I can see the backlash at that, but El Diablo isn't bad addition to the park's non-coaster lineup.

For me, the irritation comes from the fact that, not only are they marketing it as a roller coaster and defining it as such (which artificially inflates their coaster count), they are marketing it as their "big addition" to the park. Personally, I don't like how they took out Rolling Thunder, left an open area where it sat, and now add this kind of ride.

I know it may seem quite reactionary, but as it stands, it isn't appealing to me, but as the next couple of seasons approach, I may end up changing my tune.

^ What led you to that conclusion? There's absolutely NO indication as to what the park is getting next year, or if they are getting anything at all. The park hasn't even opened for 2015 yet and people are hung up over some phantom coaster rumour for 2016.

^ What led you to that conclusion? There's absolutely NO indication as to what the park is getting next year, or if they are getting anything at all. The park hasn't even opened for 2015 yet and people are hung up over some phantom coaster rumour for 2016.

Yeah but it's Six flags. They put the same coasters in different parks all the time. Great Adventure hasn't gotten a true new coaster since Toro which Will be 10 years in 2016. They are due and RMC seems to be very popular in Six Flags' company now. I would be suprised if they did not keep the trend going.

Deja Vu = carnival ride

Tango = carnival ride

Twister = carnival ride

the hate I have on is, for the crowds that SFGAdv get, they should have added a flats package this season, like a few different flat rides. Not just one lousey carnival ride

Yeah but it's Six flags. They put the same coasters in different parks all the time. Great Adventure hasn't gotten a true new coaster since Toro which Will be 10 years in 2016. They are due and RMC seems to be very popular in Six Flags' company now. I would be suprised if they did not keep the trend going.

No other park has El Toro. And none of the RMCs are "the same". If they go RMC I'll gladly eat my words, but I just don't see it happening. Not yet, anyway.