TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Is the water ride next to Nitro still open?

Also I say this every year that this will be the year I ride Kindga Ka, even though I am still scared of it. What's the worst part of the ride? I've heard its just the take off that's tough and then its fine.

Edited by luv4u859

We don't need this kind of negativity interfering with our fun, food and fantasy.

Congo Rapids? Yes. And it still sucks.

Keep in mind also that the park closes all ride lines for the day whenever they feel like closing them. It's a clusterf**k.
Edited by larrygator

^

Also I say this every year that this will be the year I ride Kindga Ka, even though I am still scared of it. What's the worst part of the ride? I've heard its just the take off that's tough and then its fine.

OMG just do it. YOLO. The ride is literally over in 20 seconds. There is no worst part. Just do it.

We don't need this kind of negativity interfering with our fun, food and fantasy.

Congo Rapids? Yes. And it still sucks.

Keep in mind also that the park closes all ride lines for the day whenever they feel like closing them. It's a clusterf**k.

In the first post I was talking about Knoebels. Negativity in regards to Six Flags is entirely justified.

In the first post I was talking about Knoebels. Negativity in regards to Six Flags is entirely justified.

Let's remember that when someone attacks your beloved one trick (from one row) pony.

Excuse me. I have an entire stable of one trick from one row ponies. I love them all equally. Don't hate on my mediocre ponies.

Mean Streak, Wild Beast, Wildcat, Top Thrill Dragster, Goliath, Kingda Ka...

Let's remember that when someone attacks your beloved one trick (from one row) pony.

Excuse me. I have an entire stable of one trick from one row ponies. I love them all equally. Don't hate on my mediocre ponies.

Mean Streak, Wild Beast, Wildcat, Top Thrill Dragster, Goliath, Kingda Ka...

So today I took a quick visit just to ride Joker for the first time. I knew that it was BAFF day, and I knew the park would be packed, so I was only planning to take a really short trip. We got there at opening, but the security line was moving extremely slowly. And then the season pass entrance was INCREDIBLY SLOW! It took about a full minute to get one single person through, and I'm not even exaggerating. So we didn't actually get into the park until 11. The operations were extremely slow for everything I saw. And I mean at least 3 minutes for one train dispatch at the fastest. But since we kept the visit short and simple, we had a good time. Also, DO NOT GET THE COKE FREESTYLE AT THE SKY BAR. Everything we got from there tasted like seltzer with a little bit of Tylenol and a hint of bleach. So here's the ride list:

Joker - Green Side - I waited about an hour, and managed to save 15 minutes or so by doing the single rider line. I really like that whole area of the park being nice and open. It's nice. And the actual coaster was awesome! It was extremely aggressive, and it throws you around A LOT! I flipped about 4 or 5 times violently, and rocked back and forth a lot too. The track is also smooth, as long as you try to brace yourself for the flipping moments. I even got a good pop of airtime going into the brakes since our seats were vertical like normal at that part! So yeah, this ride is a great experience. I'd give it a Decent-Strong 8/10, and it's my 5th favorite coaster in the park, right in front of Kingda Ka and behind Batman: The Ride.

Swashbuckler - There was a stupid annoying kid who kept getting yelled at, but it was a nice ride and I always love round-ups.

Skull Mountain - Back Row - Fun ride as always with an incredible, airtime-filled drop!

So even though the operations were HORRIBLE, we still had a nice time. We left around 1, so we were in the actual park for about 2 hours. I know it was crowded, but that's no excuse for the terrible staff. They should expect large crowds on bring-a-friend-free days. And all of the operators and staff were moving slowly and had a bad attitude. Slow operations are always a thing you have to deal with at this park. I know this from visiting constantly. But it's NEVER been this bad. Even earlier this season the operations were faster. And last season on days almost as crowded as this one the lines were still shorter and faster. The operations here made Six Flags America and Six Flags New England seem like Knoebels and Cedar Point. Seriously, there was not even ONE single redeeming worker who was moving quickly whatsoever. It really almost seemed like the workers were trying to move slowly on purpose. I hope they get better next time.

Also, DO NOT GET THE COKE FREESTYLE AT THE SKY BAR. Everything we got from there tasted like seltzer with a little bit of Tylenol and a hint of bleach.

Quick tip about the Freestyle's: If there's a blinking red light in the upper right corner of the machine, it doesn't have an adequate supply of High Fructose Corn Syrup. That's what makes the drinks taste like that. Also, it can permanently damage the machines.

Went to the park yesterday, was the best full day I've had at the park in a while! Absolutely no waits all day, and everything was running smoothly. Got on Joker for the first time, very out of control. I loved it! (Although it did punch me in the nether region). Didn't get any pictures because I forgot my phone (Like the idiot I am lol). Boldikus Mountain is still the greatest, and El Toro was absolutely hauling a$$ by the end of the day.

On a side note, Batman was closed all day yesterday, and heard it was closed Monday too. Decided to walk by it, and saw a worrying looking section of track that looked like part of the rail (about 6-8 inches of it) was simply melted away, as if straight acid was poured over it. It was at the bottom of the turn right before the first corkscrew. Any ideas?

Ah, yeah I didn't look too closely at that end of the ride. A shame, but better safe than sorry... Or should I say better safe than M&D? Too soon?

And also, for anyone wondering, ride count for yesterday (not in order ridden):

Nitro: 4x running like a dream

Congo: 1x got wet

Dark Knight: 2x meh

Skull Mountain: 3x back row

Joker: 2x very good

Superman: 1

Green Lantern: JK didn't ride

Ka: 1x Front

Toro: 6x all back

Bizarro: 2x still smooth

Log Flume: 1

And we left the park around 9:15.

Boldikus Mountain is still the greatest

I'm worried about Batman. I am going to the park after work one night this week or next, was hoping to ride it but thats obviously not gonna happen with the state its in. Have any of the other clones had this problem?