TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Some fairly trusted sources at Great Adventure History are saying that if this is what they believe it is, it's no big deal. Just something to keep in mind that it may be "a favorite from the 90's" but that doesn't mean it's still a favorite today or anything to make a big deal about. We'll see.

I know it would never happen but I'm just praying that it's not Skull Mountain, lol.

Some fairly trusted sources at Great Adventure History are saying that if this is what they believe it is, it's no big deal. Just something to keep in mind that it may be "a favorite from the 90's" but that doesn't mean it's still a favorite today or anything to make a big deal about. We'll see.

I know it would never happen but I'm just praying that it's not Skull Mountain, lol.

I doubt it's Skull Mountain, because it's very popular among family's and it's a great fit. I think it's probably something around movietown

They didn't spend half the year fixing a waterfall so it could run for 2 weeks and then be demolished forever and then contract Oak Island to build a gigantic Christmas light net to drape over the ride, requiring a bunch of new support structures to be added along the top of the building so they could demolish the ride a few weeks later the year after they added a Holiday event where they desperately needed indoor family rides. Not sure what you people are smoking but I want some. (I understand very few people actually think it's Skull Mountain but it's not even worth entertaining as a possibility).

Edited by coasterbill

They just did a major refurbishment last spring on Twister so I don't think it's that. I also don't think it would be Houdini for what coasterbill mentioned. If it is the Batman Arena... something big could be coming for 2017 that's been rumored.

They fixed part of the twist on Batman and Robin and yet, it was removed a few months later. So I think it could be the twister.

In 2016, say goodbye to one of your favorite attractions from the 90's. Hope you had time to cherish it and all its glory. #RIP

Maybe they're getting rid of B:TR so they could replace it with a a pair of dueling inverts that interlock loops themed after the upcoming Superman Vs. Batman movie .

In 2016, say goodbye to one of your favorite attractions from the 90's. Hope you had time to cherish it and all its glory. #RIP

Maybe they're getting rid of B:TR so they could replace it with a a pair of dueling inverts that interlock loops themed after the upcoming Superman Vs. Batman movie .

I actually love the idea

The park will not remove Batman. And if I found out they are even thinking of it I will walk the 50 miles up there and with one hand I will flip the entire park into the lake.

I'll be hated for this, but what do you think of the idea to move Bizzaro down to SFoT and turn Green Lantern into a Floorless? Mantis/Rouguro is so much better now.

Or... once the hype wears off, someday move Green Lantern to SFoT or Great America and change it to floorless. (I know there's some stand-up love out there, but as I said, Mantis is amazing now)

I'll be hated for this, but what do you think of the idea to move Bizzaro down to SFoT and turn Green Lantern into a Floorless? Mantis/Rouguro is so much better now.

Or... once the hype wears off, someday move Green Lantern to SFoT or Great America and change it to floorless. (I know there's some stand-up love out there, but as I said, Mantis is amazing now)

That is very plausible. I think we could see the boardwalk show building and go-karts gutted for Justice League. If not that, the Batman arena being demolished to make room for a type of RMC that will occupy the Chiller's old area along with the Batman Arena and Freefall's old land.

They are not going to move a floorless and then turn Green Lantern into a floorless. That would be a waste of money.. Keeping Bizarro and shipping off Green Lantern moves more sense but I don't see that happening either as long as Green Lantern gathers a line on busy days.

I think it is only a matter of time before the simulator building becomes the site of Justice League