TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I know I am late to the Total Mayhem hype train, but the renderings of the 4D coasters always seem to leave me with a sense of motion sickness. Is it just the rendering, or is it like that in actuality?

However, with that said, I've always wanted to check these coasters out and now that one is relatively close to my homestead, I should make the trip down at some point. I haven't been to GAdv in a while.

I was just thinking about this (and I know it would be next to impossible), but I honestly believe that with the newer systems for launching coasters, that something like Batman and Robin: Chiller could work again. The entire area where that coaster sat is now all but gone (is Musik Express still SBNO?) and is pretty much a waste of space.

You can keep the superhero theme as an extension of Movie Town, plow the area where Chiller sat, and create something new while revitalizing the area. And it doesn't even have to be a dual coaster; it could be an entirely new coaster, with superhero theming. It doesn't make much sense to own that area and use it for nothing. I know this has been discussed before, but it's still worth mentioning.

The general consensus on this thread (and other sites) is that the next area for a major development will either be Rolling Thunder's plot or Old Country. The former seems unlikely until they're willing to actually expand instead of just building up/rebuilding what area already exists, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the next coaster in that general vicinity.

As for when this might be, some are saying as soon as 2017/18, but I'd be more likely to say 2019/20. A Justice League dark ride and perhaps some more flat rides could be in the cards before the next major coaster.

I hit the park up this morning getting there 10 minutes after opening. The place is going to be packed tonight. I got five quick rides on El Toro (first four without leaving the train) and then did a lap around the park and used my 2016 dining pass for the 6th time this year (Nathan's two hot dogs and fries this time). I'm certainly maxing out that dining option.

I took the Sky Ride across the park to sea the Total Mayhem area. Only a small building (possibly where the pool filtering system was housed) and some of the crushed up foundation remain in the old Fort Independence footprint.

I finally stopped at Papa's Tomato Pies in Robbinsville (about 12 miles from the park) on the way home and understand why this is rated one of the top pizza places in the country.

I hit the park up this morning getting there 10 minutes after opening.

As did I. My 4-year-old had a super week at pre-K, so for a reward, he got a day at the park. Since it was just the two of us today, it was almost entirely flat rides, plus the three 42" coasters. No luck getting him on Runaway Mine Train or Skull Mountain this time.

I took the Sky Ride across the park to sea the Total Mayhem area. Only a small building (possibly where the pool filtering system was housed) and some of the crushed up foundation remain in the old Fort Independence footprint.

We did the sky ride as well, and I remembered to snap a photo while passing by;

image.thumb.jpg.1522ba509a8800154c5da4e12eac99de.jpg

It's been inoperable for a few years, and yes... This does seem like a strange time to fix it. It sprays people in line with mist so it probably won't run for any of Holiday In the Park (it would probably freeze anyway) so basically after next week they'll probably drain it.

Thank god, that queue seemed like a major liability. They always had multiple security guards with flashlights there at night helping people see and keeping an eye on things, it seemed like way more trouble than just giving in and adding some lights. Glad they finally came to their senses.

Nice to see they're really fixing the park up and getting it in mid-season form a week before they close (well partially, lol).

Nice so see some solid progression on the Lakefront clearing. Really glad to hear about some of the other improvements (SM waterfall, the much-needed queue lights for KK).

I might try to make it this Saturday for one last Fright Fest visit. Normally this is a sad time of the year, but instead, I'm just really excited for Holiday in the Park!!

Someone posted a trip report elsewhere that said while riding Zumanjaro yesterday, Kingda Ka ran simultaneously. They even dropped while KK's train was coming down from the top, essentially racing it to the bottom. When they asked ride ops about it, the ride op said "when they are testing KK, they sometimes run at the same time."

Can anyone with more authority speak to this? Has anything changed with the state, or is there reason to call BS on this person?