TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Since it looks like a few people here knew or heard of Kevin, I thought I should post this here. This is my Memory of Kevin...

Hi all,

I just wanted to take a moment to say how saddened I am to hear of Kevin's passing. Having watched a countless number of his Youtube videos for the past year was amazing enough, but two weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin while waiting in line for Bizarro with my brother. We had an amazing conversation, and he asked how we liked the videos. The other half of his friends were waiting in line for row two, and they wanted to be on the same train, so we let Kevin and his group on before us in the front row. Kevin and his family's train left the station, and my brother and I hopped on the next train. After we got off, we made our way down the exit ramp. At the end of the ramp, Kevin was standing there with his blue camera, making sure to get us on video. He screamed "How was that ride!?". At the time, the excitement and joy of this act of kindness made our day.

After getting us on camera, Kevin and his group slowly walked into the distance. This would be the first and only time that we would meet Kevin, but his upbeat personality would make an ever-lasting impression. Walking down the exit ramp of Bizarro will never be the same, in fact we had to skip the ride this past weekend. I look forward to the Youtube video from that day being posted, as it is a moment that we had with Kevin that we will never forget. God Bless and rest in peace.

I, too, only met him a couple times, but I also thought he was a really nice guy.

I've been working at the park for two years and seeing Kevin nearly everyday was always a highlight. He was really an awesome guy who always was about having a good time and making people laugh. He knew almost every employee at the park practically and he is deeply missed. RIP Kevin.

If you haven't seen his videos, check them out here! He has LOTS of them and he has videos lined up to upload until February.

https://www.youtube.com/user/themeparkmaniacs

I've been working at the park for two years and seeing Kevin nearly everyday was always a highlight. He was really an awesome guy who always was about having a good time and making people laugh. He knew almost every employee at the park practically and he is deeply missed. RIP Kevin.

If you haven't seen his videos, check them out here! He has LOTS of them and he has videos lined up to upload until February.

https://www.youtube.com/user/themeparkmaniacs

Nice post El Toro Ryan.

It's very sad to hear about Kevin from Theme Park Maniacs. I got the pleasure of meeting him this year during his 6 days spent at Cedar Point. He was a very nice guy, and one of the days he visited was my off day and I ended up hanging out in the park with him and his wife and it was an absolute blast spending the day with them. You could talk to him about any roller coaster in the country and he knew which one you were talking about. It's so sad to hear about his passing at such a young age. R.I.P. Kevin.

I never got the pleasure to meet him. His videos, however extensive, show a lot about his personality. He must have been a great person to be around.

To be fair, I was in the park on of the days he was. However, if I'd passed by him I would not have noticed at the time.

It would be really cool nod to see the park do a simple commerence to him, or a small display. I know he visited a lot and like ^^^^ said, "he knew almost every employee in the park".

^ They've hung pictures of him up in the Nitro station, someone posted a pic of the photos on the wall in the SFGAdv group on FB, and lots of SFGAdv employees have been purposely upselling the Tea Cups since that seemed to be his favorite thing ever.

^ They've hung pictures of him up in the Nitro station, someone posted a pic of the photos on the wall in the SFGAdv group on FB, and lots of SFGAdv employees have been purposely upselling the Tea Cups since that seemed to be his favorite thing ever.

It's nice yet kind of weird how its that time of the year where we just have a few weekends left at the local parks and everyone, myself included, is scrambling to get their last visits in but then I remember we'll get to (hopefully) ride Batman, Nitro and Skull Mountain until January.

After seeing the photos/reports of SFOG and SFMM's HITP events last year I'm stoked for the event itself - the lights, decorations, etc. Should be really cool to see the park all dolled up for the season. The coasters are just the icing on the cake.

After seeing the photos/reports of SFOG and SFMM's HITP events last year I'm stoked for the event itself - the lights, decorations, etc. Should be really cool to see the park all dolled up for the season. The coasters are just the icing on the cake.

Agreed! I think it's a good "alternative" activity in the winter in NJ (for somewhere to go!), and expect the "Holiday Spirit" in the park to be cool! Second that on "the coasters are just the icing on the cake!"

I just got back from a short stay at Great Adventure. Man, was it cold today! I can't imagine what it's going to be like during Holiday in the Park.

While I was on Superman I must have forgotten to zipper my left jacket pocket because when I got off I no longer had my wallet, cellphone, or iPod touch. I reported the loss to the park, but I'm not holding my breath on getting them back.

I saw the pics of Kevin "Theme Park Maniac" Gregg near the Nitro operator's booth.

While I was on Superman I must have forgotten to zipper my left jacket pocket because when I got off I no longer had my wallet, cellphone, or iPod touch. I reported the loss to the park, but I'm not holding my breath on getting them back.

You might get them back! You never know! I don't know about Six Flags, but from what I have noticed at most other parks, is that when someone actually reports something lost to the park, and they know what ride they lost it on, the parks are usually pretty good about finding the items.

I just got back from a short stay at Great Adventure. Man, was it cold today! I can't imagine what it's going to be like during Holiday in the Park.

I saw the pics of Kevin "Theme Park Maniac" Gregg near the Nitro operator's booth.

I lost a single car key on a water slide at SFNE and they actually recovered it by the end of the night, so I'd say there's a great chance you'll get some of your stuff back. S:UF is one of the best rides to lose stuff on since all areas below the track layout are easily accessible.

My Dad lost his motor home keys on Manta at Sea World and they found them....and that coaster goes over water, boulders, trees, shrubs, etc.

Superman just goes over grass so I am sure that will be able to find your stuff once they roll out the final train of the evening.

Oh that sucks. Hopefully they are able to retrieve it. When I was waiting in Kingda ka's line the train hit the brakes at the top of the "bunny" hill and someone's phone came flying out and landed on the roof of the matinence shed. (And then slid off ). What I find so funny about this is that he managed to have his phone through the entire launch AND when he went up 456 ft in the air but he lost his phone when he hit the brake run! Hopefully he got it back though.