TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

That's not common at all on Von Roll Skyrides but it does happen (It's very common on Skyrides where the cabins don't detach for loading and unloading). Ride ops can stop the cable though if they get backed up with cars and I've noticed that the Great Adventure skyway stops a lot right before it goes down for wind. I don't know if that's an automatic or a manual thing though. Did you notice if they closed the ride when you got off? If so it was mostly wind related. Otherwise I have no idea.

Yup, it was indeed closed when we got off, must have been wind.

Can this ride not operate in the rain? We were wishing that it would open all morning since it was the only real thrill ride (besides El Toro for some insane reason) that probably wouldn't have been painful since it doesn't move forward into the rain / sleet.

Seems like that might be the case but didn't ask anyone. We were definitely disappointed.

Man I love Skull Mountain, its so underrated. The back seat is where its at for the airtime pop and its just generally a ridiculously fun ride. Even better when they have the death metal really cranked loud. I laugh so hard every time I ride it, so so fun.

Man I love Skull Mountain, its so underrated. The back seat is where its at for the airtime pop and its just generally a ridiculously fun ride. Even better when they have the death metal really cranked loud. I laugh so hard every time I ride it, so so fun.

I completely agree. now if only they can get the smell of mildew out of there

I still did pretty well with the single rider line

Are there single rider lines in GA? Which rides have them?

I haven't been to the park in a few years (attending college on the west coast) but I do believe that only Green Lantern and Z:DOD have single rider lines. SORA might have it as well to make sure capacity is up but I do believe that those two are the only rides that currently have it!

Green Lantern and Zumanjaro have them. Green Lantern's isn't until almost the end of the queue so it doesn't save that much time especially if the line is out of the station and on the stairs.

Agreed. And half of the time, the single rider line for GL is closed anyway. I think SFGAM experimented with single rider lines for most of their major coasters this year. GADV should do that too for next year. They probably won't though. haha

I still did pretty well with the single rider line

Are there single rider lines in GA? Which rides have them?

Apologies, that was a small side conversation about Great Escape that branched off since I headed up there after my Great Adventure adventure. It was referring to single rider line on their Comet.

The GL SRL was barricaded in classy SF style (garbage can) and 'Jaro was closed Sat, so there weren't any open SRL for my visit to Great Adventure.

None of the animals were harmed. If they were then you'd have a point.

And there's no need to get worked up about hypotheticals anyway. The offseason just started, usually we don't start getting that desperate for things to talk about until at least January.

• 2 weeks later...

So is Great Adventure planning on doing anything to get Kingda Ka to run with Zoomanjaro? When I went about two years ago I got on Kingda Ka in about an hour. I went to Great Adventure again over the summer on a week day and thank God that I got two of those skip the line tickets for haveing a bad experience at SFNE. I got to go in through the exit and got on in no time but the line was literally 3 hours long! I waited in the single rider line for Zumanjaro because no one in my party wanted to ride it. And I waited about 3 hours. It ate up my whole day and I was pissed! I used my other skip the line pass for a last row ride on Toro. And even El Toro had a 2 hour wait! I waited around 2 hours for Nitro and after the first ride there was an extra seat on a train so I just sat in it and got 2 rides on it. I'm from Florida to so its not like I get to go here everyday. My total ride count came out pretty bad... I just got my season pass for six flags so hopefully I stop at GA again this summer. My home six flags park SFOG has way better operations...

Kingda Ka X1

Zumanjaro X1

El toro x1

Nitro x2

Batman X1

Skyscreamer x1

And even El Toro had a 2 hour wait!

If El Toro had a 2 hour wait then you were just there on an insane day. Normally that line is between 30 and 60 minutes on a Saturday in the summer. Hopefully your next experience will be better. As far as Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro I think we're all going to have to wait and see on that one. The park wants to fix the problem but I don't know what they're doing to get them to run together or if the state will approve of it. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll be able to run together though.

a bad experience at SFNE.

Or as some would put it... a typical experience at Six Flags New England.

So is Great Adventure planning on doing anything to get Kingda Ka to run with Zoomanjaro?

Yes, the park has a few options that they're going to test out this winter supposedly. It all depends on whether or not the State of NJ deems the park's fix safe. Honestly the two rides are safe as they are to run together but NJ is the nanny state.

from what I hear, SFGadv has sent dozens of proposals to the state of NJ since the ride opened in July, and so far, the state has knocked everyone down. I guess we will know more come opening day.

So is Great Adventure planning on doing anything to get Kingda Ka to run with Zoomanjaro? When I went about two years ago I got on Kingda Ka in about an hour. I went to Great Adventure again over the summer on a week day and thank God that I got two of those skip the line tickets for haveing a bad experience at SFNE. I got to go in through the exit and got on in no time but the line was literally 3 hours long! I waited in the single rider line for Zumanjaro because no one in my party wanted to ride it. And I waited about 3 hours. It ate up my whole day and I was pissed! I used my other skip the line pass for a last row ride on Toro. And even El Toro had a 2 hour wait! I waited around 2 hours for Nitro and after the first ride there was an extra seat on a train so I just sat in it and got 2 rides on it. I'm from Florida to so its not like I get to go here everyday. My total ride count came out pretty bad... I just got my season pass for six flags so hopefully I stop at GA again this summer. My home six flags park SFOG has way better operations...

Kingda Ka X1

Zumanjaro X1

El toro x1

Nitro x2

Batman X1

Skyscreamer x1