TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Well, I just got home from the park. I rode Nitro four times, but I never got the C train. I rode in the very back for my last ride and I have to say I like the front better just because of the airtime. I rode Batman in the back for the first time today and I believe that's my new favorite seat on Batman.

Well, I just got home from the park. I rode Nitro four times, but I never got the C train. I rode in the very back for my last ride and I have to say I like the front better just because of the airtime. I rode Batman in the back for the first time today and I believe that's my new favorite seat on Batman.

how were the crowds today?

how were the crowds today?

I used the Gold Flash Pass, like I always do when I go to the park, so I can't say too much about how long the lines actually were. It seemed to be your average Saturday level, tho.

At Wawa, just left the park. Got last train of the night on Toro, back row!!! The ride was hauling tonight, with each train cheering when it got back to the station. Very fun.

Got to the park at 7:45. Went to Toro and waited 25min. The line reached the 2nd switchbacks but they kept the line moving. Went to Ka next as I haven't been on it all year...annnnd of course it breaks down right after we get in line. So, we went to Zumanjaro since we haven't gotten a night ride on it yet. Wait was about 35min, with a 5min breakdown and it went down another 5min for apparently killing a frog (no idea how exactly that happened haha). Ride was fun. After that we walked over to Toro for that last ride.

Park wasn't horribly packed, probably because it was overcast most of the day and we got there pretty late. I'm sure it was still pretty crammed early in the day, though.

Does anyone know why the park didn't announce running B:TR backwards for next year, like some of their clues indicated? Did they get cold feet and back out or are they waiting until a later date to announce? Given the lameness of the Super Loop, I was really looking forward to Namtab.

Does anyone know why the park didn't announce running B:TR backwards for next year, like some of their clues indicated? Did they get cold feet and back out or are they waiting until a later date to announce? Given the lameness of the Super Loop, I was really looking forward to Namtab.

The state probably didn't approve it. I think we were all looking forward to it. I hope they announce it later

I was at hershey yesterday. Wow, the difference in maintenance is crazy! The ride chassis had zero rust an everything looked well cared for.

On topic:

I'll take a clone of sfdk's superman in chillers spot please. A premier for a premier.

It's pretty amazing to see how one person guesses the state of NJ didn't approve it, then everyone just flat out assumes the same thing and then becomes upset that the state didn't approve batman backwards, even though six flags never said that it was gonna happen anyway. You can't make up situations then get upset and treat them as reality.

It's pretty amazing to see how one person guesses the state of NJ didn't approve it, then everyone just flat out assumes the same thing and then becomes upset that the state didn't approve batman backwards, even though six flags never said that it was gonna happen anyway. You can't make up situations then get upset and treat them as reality.

The clues pointed to namtaB coming here. 1993 backwards was too obvious. It has to be the state

The clues pointed to namtaB coming here. 1993 backwards was too obvious. It has to be the state

Your reasoning is extremely simplistic and rooted in circumstantial assumptions.

My guess is they haven't received approval yet...BUT, that doesn't mean they shut the door on it, either. Time will tell.

Exactly, if they announced it and then it wasn't approved we would have the same whining that we saw regarding Zumanjaro/Kingda Ka. Enthusiasses need to gain a measure of patience.

1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire.

He was never talking about Looping Dragon by the slightest...

When did he say it had anything to do with a ring of fire?

When did he say it had anything to do with a ring of fire?

I think his point was that Six Flags came pretty close to saying flat-out that Namtab was coming (via the clues, because obviously 1993 had nothing to do with what's thus far been announced). I would like to experience it but honestly, if it doesn't come, I wouldn't be THAT disappointed. I've read nothing but bad things about it, head banging/whiplash/nausea etc.

SFGam announced they were running Backwards Batman in January of 2013 and SFOT announced their Backwards Batman in the spring this year. Just because it wasn't announced doesn't mean it isn't coming. For all we know another SF park may have it next spring and SFGadv will have it in the summer.

How does "1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire" have nothing to do with with Looping Dragon?

How does "1993 backwards has nothing to do with a ring of fire" have nothing to do with with Looping Dragon?

I think his point was that Six Flags came pretty close to saying flat-out that Namtab was coming.

And that was very clear, I understand what he wrote. My issue with his post was that he claims it is no longer happening because state regulators putting the kibbosh on it. That is pure speculation, and people are assuming it is fact.