TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

On 8/8/2024 at 11:57 PM, JJLehto said:

Of course lol 

Ah well, there it is lmao 

As stated already no one is really surprised just typical Six Flags stuff.

2 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

Hopefully, the park takes this time to add a turntable for increased capacity.

Spend the money, use it twice, turn it off forever.

Did I miss an announcement that Fright Fest "Extreme" is a separate ticketed event? If you look at the hours for GAdv in October it shows that they close at 5pm every day. However, if you look at SFNE for instance, the closing time is 10pm during October. 

Do I live under a rock or are they about to implement a separate gate for Fright Fest without telling anyone till the last minute?

It was announced a month ago, maybe.  Pretty sure it's just Great Adventure and Magic Mountain doing the 'Extreme' park.  Passes still get you in. 

They really should fix the calendar and get more info on there to help people.

Well in that case, I'm sure there will be many others who aren't paying enough attention (like me apparently) that will be in for quite the surprise if they show up with a day ticket during fright fest.

Anyway, I did stop by for a few hours yesterday. Just from the parking lot I observed KK sending test runs and Superman completely deserted. Went to El Toro first where...you guessed it...cycling empty trains. Thankfully it opened up pretty quick although what the app reported as a 5 minute line was really 20 (2nd half of switchbacks totally full). Nice ride in the magic seat although based on the reactions of the people in front of and behind me, the wheel seats are getting pretty brutal. Even got to meet eltororyan heading over to ride his pride and joy.

PXL_20240813_221837204.thumb.jpg.870e51a440040e0f5e6c31ef87b3b75d.jpg

Foreshadowing?

Headed over to Medusa where there was more app f*ckery going on. 5 mins was the reported line, but the queue was half full AND only 1 train ops meant an easy 30-45 minute line so I skipped it. I've seen the reports of a lot of 1 train ops this year and I don't get it. Great Adventure has never been a park to run 1 train during peak season. I've always bitched that Medusa usually runs 3 trains which is unnecessary and results in getting baked on the brake run for 5 minutes. Now we're down to one. Is it a requirement to run an odd number of trains here or something? 

Hit up Mine Train next which was also running one train, though with a much shorter line just on the stairs. In 30 years I don't think I've ever seen 1 train ops on this. I know I'm not a local and not there every day, but something about this just feels off to me. Anyway, got the magic seat (back row of the front car) and was treated to the typical fare of being thrown all around on the ridiculous transitions and then being launched to the moon on the best airtime hill at Great Adventure. This thing is way more insane than it has any right to be.

Made our way across the park, stopping at the saloon in Golden Kingdom for a drink (and enjoying those nice rocking chairs for way longer than I needed to) and checking out Dream Street which really looked fantastic. I have to give the park credit that it looks better than it has in years. I just don't understand why ops are suddenly falling off when that's been their one strong point all these years.

PXL_20240813_185006273.thumb.jpg.35884ebad07efa9ed0d97b3ac7130138.jpg

PXL_20240813_184921222_MP.thumb.jpg.2b7384df92270f6b744ad648667babf0.jpg

Checked out Rave Mountain for the first time (since they decided they didn't feel like doing it last year) which was interesting I guess. A quick 2-3 train wait anyway.

PXL_20240813_211849768.thumb.jpg.eeff9b0eadd640a3d7b2bddeee949bce.jpg

This won't get fixed in our lifetimes lol.

Nitro was about a 25 minute wait including a quick breakdown and a couple test runs. Always weird riding it in the summer when it absolutely hails through the course. But it's weird not flying over a frozen tundra instead. Soon. Two trains ops here and typical lightning fast Nitro dispatches.

Finished up with Batman which was a walk on with two trains (so again, wtf is up with Medusa) and was batshit crazy as usual. 

On the way out we tried doing some shopping for some 50th anniversary merchandise and we were quite disappointed at the lack of said merchandise. There were a few shirts left in the tent on Dream Street but almost all small/medium and a few XXL. I was really looking forward to picking up a couple shirts, hopefully they'll restock later this year. The stores up front had absolutely nothing.

PXL_20240813_184732387.thumb.jpg.afafea3c4457329f48e51384634008ab.jpg

PXL_20240813_224740227.thumb.jpg.3862a61ca43aed67ca086ad968c73e14.jpg

PXL_20240813_224533699.thumb.jpg.28502fda444de84e376218aa4d4ff2b6.jpg

Oh boy I bet that new 50th anniversary coaster is going to be amazing! Oh.

PXL_20240813_221450973.thumb.jpg.2c1f6058f3cf985b3efbad75d9b9f04e.jpg

We'll just pretend you're not there for now.

Hopefully be back in November for the true start of Great Adventure season!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zand said:

Well in that case, I'm sure there will be many others who aren't paying enough attention (like me apparently) that will be in for quite the surprise if they show up with a day ticket during fright fest.

Things seem to be getting overly complex. It's almost bait and switch.

3 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Things seem to be getting overly complex. It's almost bait and switch.

I think a lot of people would actually welcome the change to separate gate considering the type of crowd and how big of a crowd f(r)ight fest usually brings in. They just need to be more up front about the change so people actually know. And make sure the upcharge is actually worth it (I have high expectations that they will make the haunts more Cedar Fair-esque and not try to keep getting away with the pitiful things they've been doing for years).

Screenshot_20240818-120729.thumb.png.3f49c4fb974794c1980a661c79e1bc79.png

I lifted this off Facebook. The Batmobile was replaced by a Maserati to advertise some show coming to Max. 

I personally think they're out of their minds. Not that they're advertising, but that they put a Maserati inside a 3 foot tall fence where there is a 99.9% chance it will get vandalized or broken into.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zand said:

Screenshot_20240818-120729.thumb.png.3f49c4fb974794c1980a661c79e1bc79.png

I lifted this off Facebook. The Batmobile was replaced by a Maserati to advertise some show coming to Max. 

I personally think they're out of their minds. Not that they're advertising, but that they put a Maserati inside a 3 foot tall fence where there is a 99.9% chance it will get vandalized or broken into.

It's Batman related at least, it's for the new series on max the Penguin with Colin Farrell who played him in that last Batman movie. The Maserati is his car... 

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/the-best-baddie-cars-in-film

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's Batman related at least, it's for the new series on max the Penguin with Colin Farrell who played him in that last Batman movie. The Maserati is his car... 

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/the-best-baddie-cars-in-film

I just think it's crazy to put a Maserati inside a 3 foot tall fence at Great Adventure and not expect it to get vandalized 😆

Per the app, Log Flume has reopened. 

If they're going to debut the Flume the week before Labor Day, perhaps they can give us a sneak preview of the Flash in December? 😆