TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^^ There is a huge difference between onboard audio and "lift hill audio". Rock n Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios does it with few issues. It can be done, it just requires a larger investment both initially and to maintain than SF wants to take.

When I went to Great Adventure the audio on Bizzaro sounded clear and extremely loud! The only downside was that it only worked on one side of me when i was sitting front row. The best part of the audio is when you are at the end brake run and the song "Bizzaro No. 1" plays as you stop.

I still liked Bizzaro but the audio was kind of irritating. How come any other park can get audio to work fine but six flags just can't?

When I went to Great Adventure the audio on Bizzaro sounded clear and extremely loud! The only downside was that it only worked on one side of me when i was sitting front row. The best part of the audio is when you are at the end brake run and the song "Bizzaro No. 1" plays as you stop.

I still liked Bizzaro but the audio was kind of irritating. How come any other park can get audio to work fine but six flags just can't?

How is the only downside that the sound is only working on one side when you also state that the audio is irratating?

I'm going to be going to SFGAdv for the first time on the 11th! I'm excited, I'll reach a milestone in credits, 100 (I know, nothing too crazy to celebrate but still). I'm trying to decide which coaster to make my 100....I'm deciding between: Superman Ultimate Flight, Bizzaro and El Toro.

Green Lantern had speakers on the lift playing the Green Lantern Oath last season but I don't think they have been used this season (I never looked closely to see if they are still there or not)

I just rode it a few days ago, they were playing the audio then!?

I'm going to be going to SFGAdv for the first time on the 11th! I'm excited, I'll reach a milestone in credits, 100 (I know, nothing too crazy to celebrate but still). I'm trying to decide which coaster to make my 100....I'm deciding between: Superman Ultimate Flight, Bizzaro and El Toro.

Also, congrats man, I'm at 48 and I'm going to Funtown Splashtown to get my 50, can't wait and trust me I care!

That's good that they are at least playing it sometimes. I rode 3 times today it wasn't being used on any of those rides.

The park wasn't crowded at all tonight. I was there from 4 - 8 and got 16 rides in, the longest wait was 15 minutes for Nitro when I first got there. After that everything had a 5 minute wait or less.

The park wasn't crowded at all tonight. I was there from 4 - 8 and got 16 rides in, the longest wait was 15 minutes for Nitro when I first got there. After that everything had a 5 minute wait or less.

Good timing, you got there right when a lot of the music fest kids were at their awards ceremony and about to leave. Lines were longer for major rides (around 30 minutes for ET, SkyScreamer, Batman and 20 minutes for Nitro) midday from 12:30 until 3:30. I heard GL, S:UF and KK were over 30 minutes, but I didn't ride any of them.

Edited by larrygator

I was hoping the school groups would be leaving around then or by 5:00. A few groups stayed until closing but it didn't really make much of a difference with the lines at that point. I thought since the park was open until 8 instead of 6 like it was Tuesday - Thursday it might get crowded with people arriving after work or school for a few hours but thankfully that didn't happen.

I posted this question a few weeks ago with out an answer. How much did El Toro cost? I heard this from one of the ride leads yesterday. she asked several people and they said around $15 Million. I know that's a lot for a wood coaster, but in 6 years (it's birthday is June 12 according to rcdatabase), no wood has been replaced and it still delivers amazing rides. I rode it 12 times yesterday. Happy almost Birthday E.T.!!!

How is the only downside that the sound is only working on one side when you also state that the audio is irratating?

Well, some parts of the audio was very cool but then other parts like when you do the interlocking corkscrews is annoying! I mean "The wheels on the bus go round round round" that's very annoying.

I'm supposed to be going to Great Adventure on Wednesday. How has Kingda-Ka been in terms of reliability. The last two years I have gone and the ride has been open sporadically or not at all, so I have never ridden it. Two years ago I went just after the lightening strike and it had a three hour line from 2 until I left. Last year there was a rollback mid-day and it didn't re-open from what I saw. Hoping that this year is the year the problems are sorted out and I can get a ride or two. Thanks!

I'm supposed to be going to Great Adventure on Wednesday. How has Kingda-Ka been in terms of reliability. The last two years I have gone and the ride has been open sporadically or not at all, so I have never ridden it. Two years ago I went just after the lightening strike and it had a three hour line from 2 until I left. Last year there was a rollback mid-day and it didn't re-open from what I saw. Hoping that this year is the year the problems are sorted out and I can get a ride or two. Thanks!
Been there multiple times all day haven't seen it break down except for a "protein spill" so you should be lucky!

It has broken down at some point on over half of my trips to the park this year, sometimes with multiple breakdowns while I am there. Last Friday I went to the ride and it was broken down, around an hour later I went back to it since I saw it was running. 3 weeks ago, it broke down, reopened for about 15 minutes and broke down again.

So I will be making my first ever trip to Great Adventure on Wednesday June 27. What are crowds like on weekdays in summer? (will a Q-bot be necessary?) Also I'm not sure which rides to hit first, either Green Lantern, to Superman, to Kingda Ka. Or Kingda Ka, to El Toro, to Superman/Green Lantern. Thanks!

I saw that a couple Brazilians posted a while back in the thread about this, and normally I wouldn't have taken notice, but I just saw today on reddit's roller coaster section that Chiller is moving to Brazil. Unfortunately, clicking on the image, it does not exist/is no longer available, but from the thumbnail, you can clearly see Robin's track on an open flatbed. I wonder if they will construct it with the Zero G roll or the camelback that was put in at the last minute. (Was the original Zero G Roll track trashed or was it stored as well? I can't remember.)

Since Brazil has so few parks, it's highly likely that it's going to either Hopi Hari or Beto Carrero World assuming that this picture is true, I am not hallucinating, and this will actually come to fruition instead of pulling a Batman the Escape on Brazil.

So I will be making my first ever trip to Great Adventure on Wednesday June 27. What are crowds like on weekdays in summer? (will a Q-bot be necessary?) Also I'm not sure which rides to hit first, either Green Lantern, to Superman, to Kingda Ka. Or Kingda Ka, to El Toro, to Superman/Green Lantern. Thanks!

I would say crowds are moderate, I would see how crowds are before deciding if a Q-Bot is needed but if you want re-rides on a lot of coasters, I'd consider it. It is important to get there at opening since from 10:30 to around 12:30 the park is rarely crowded.

Since Green Lantern opened, it has been the coaster most people go to first (though many probably go to Sky Screamer now too). When I get there at opening, I usually start at Green Lantern, go to Superman and then Kingda Ka.

Oddly, Great Adventure can be packed but not have excruciating lines. Everyone heads to Ka, Toro and Superman/Green Lantern on opening. I'd suggest hitting Ka and Toro first. I'm not sure if they've remedied this, but I've been quoted HUGELY off wait times for Ka. The last time I got on front row in 45 when the woman working the end of the queue said it was 3 hours (!). Superman is always going to have a bit of a line, but it generally dies down in the afternoon. Same for the area where Nitro and Batman are. I've had numerous visits where that area went from packed to re-ride without waiting dead in the afternoon. The area of the park near Bizarro is not usually that packed, and I've never waited more than 20 minutes for the ride.