TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I also wonder how Busch down the road feels about this, and they removed a coaster and not getting anything new this year. I hope they plan something major next year to compete!

It probably won't affect them too much since they are more of a different style park, but they will probably lose a lot of the coaster enthusiasts this year. (even though that's not a huge loss). I have the choice between King's Dominion and Busch Gardens this summer, and I know where I'm going!

Same with me. I still might go to Busch during my vacation at VA Beach (depending on whether I'll want to spend the money and drive or not), but I'm DEFINITELY NOT missing out on KD.

Robb, I feel a little relieved now...

Besides...is it true that Dick Kinzel spontaneously started to suffer from Dick...Sorry, I meant penis cancer after he saw your Intimidator-Review on youtube ? Hearing that the biggest, the baddest AND the meanest coaster just opened at Kings Dominion must have ruined his maleness totally...

Ok first off, this is one of the weirdest things ever written on the forums.

Second, why would he be upset? Kinzel technically runs Kings Dominion, as well.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I305 is INSANE!!! At first I thought the speed and transitions of the S-Turn twisties was just overdone for the animation......nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. I can actually understand blackouts on this ride if its really THAT forceful, and I'm loving it.

As for the Millie vs I305 debate, I wouldnt call myself a Millie fanboy. Yes I've gone to CP quite a few times and its a fun coaster, but far from Maverick. Its more of a pure speed run that just sort of coasts around the park with a hill or turn here and there. I305 is like a mess of forceful twists and (hopefully) airtime-filled hills. Definately looks like a winner, can't wait to ride it! I think I may be making a trip up there mid-July, but nothings been confirmed yet.

It looks like if you aren't the "right build" for Intamin Restraints that you'll spend most of the ride having your head slammed against them.

Apparently you havent read any of the reports from yesterday as everything that's been posted here has been nothing but positives for the restraints.

Let the restraints thing go already.

JFC.

I admitted that I was critical of a few things about this ride before riding it and now that I've ridden I305, I was wrong on every account.

This ride is fantastic. The speed and transitions are great with little to no head banging. The first turn is definitely intense and has caused me to grey out the four times I've ridden it. All in all this coaster definitely beats MF for me.

The crew is doing a great job at making sure every seat is filled and getting the trains out quickly.

I've yet to meet Robb though. I saw him in the exit line filming and then he disappeared. I'm sure I'll meet him soon enough.

As for the Millie vs I305 debate, I wouldnt call myself a Millie fanboy. Yes I've gone to CP quite a few times and its a fun coaster, but far from Maverick. Its more of a pure speed run that just sort of coasts around the park with a hill or turn here and there. I305 is like a mess of forceful twists and (hopefully) airtime-filled hills. Definately looks like a winner, can't wait to ride it! I think I may be making a trip up there mid-July, but nothings been confirmed yet.

Late in the afternoon yesterday I saw Tony from the OnPoint (Cedar Point) blog getting off I305 as I was getting out.

I shouted out to him and asked him which was better...Millennium Force or I305??

Of course he answered Millennium Force but that's what I was expecting.

I told him to go back to Ohio.

And I'll proclaim myself to be, from this day forward and for the rest of time, to be an Intimidator 305 FANBOY. No shame in that.

On a side note, somebody tell Robb to put down the cameras...he was working really hard yesterday and I just hope he takes some time to enjoy the park.

^He's still at the park right now getting more super HD offride footage now!

We have to put together a super Roller Coasters in the Raw segment for you guys!

Also, for those heading to the park this afternoon, it is now officially packed and while Intimidator is doing great with its line, the rest of the rides and coasters seem to have hour long lines. Just so you're all prepared!

Wow, looks like an awesome ride! Can't wait to give it a spin!

Do have a question though...everyone kinda ragged on Intimidator at Carowinds for the front ends being ugly with the NASCAR stickers and such, these trains are themed the exact same way but not one peep so far about it...so what gives? Seems more like Intamin love or this being a better ride...or Robb being there working with the park...is causing what seemed to be such a big deal with the other one to be overlooked. Just kinda funny... LOL

^Actually I haven't seen close up pictures of the trains yet. I'm waiting for CFC to post is Photo TR from yesterday. If it looks ugly, I'll be the first to point it out, trust me! I STILL hate those stickers on Carowinds' Intimidator!

But the trains are quite different looking so maybe it doesn't look as bad on these?

^I actually think that looks about a MILLION times better than on the B&M Train where it was just a little small area of stickers. Heck, the front of the train actually almost looks like a real race car!

See those Intamin trains are good for something!

Robb just checked in with me and said that the crew has been doing a fabulous job today and even with a full queue the wait time has only been around 30 minutes! Hopefully they can keep that up!

That's awesome! I am actually really relieved to hear that because I will be going in August, where it will be much hotter, and crowds will most likely be more than average.

^I actually think that looks about a MILLION times better than on the B&M Train where it was just a little small area of stickers. Heck, the front of the train actually almost looks like a real race car!

See those Intamin trains are good for something!

You gotta be kidding me...They are virtually the exact same thing.

The same area for stickers are pretty much the same scale on both trains...

Assuming Elissa is taking the entire front into account, and not only the stickers, I see where she is coming from. The zero car on the Intamin train flows nicely with the shape of the rest of the train. The zero car on the B&M train is just kinda *there,* and it looks big, bulky, and out of place for such an open air train.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Agreed with Elissa's point. I really like how I305's train looks, it came out REALLY nice. I do wonder.. For those who have ridden Tornado and I305, would the ride be any different with the vest straps as opposed to the hard OSTR?