TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Something I've been trying to figure out for years.

Okay, in the late 80s - very early 90s, the Scrambler and a Cinema 180 were both on International Street about halfway down on the right side of the street. Whenever I walk past that area now, I wonder how in the world they ever fit there. I was around 5 years old when it was like this, so of course I don't remember scale very well. There seems to be a building behind the fence that's there now, and it looks like the building may have been original to the park?

It would be cool if they tore down Hurler and replaced it with a Stealth (Thorpe Park) clone.. The ride looks pretty fun

Anything would be better than hurler.

Agreed.

Plus it would restore the coveted "most launched coasters in a single park" record.

Any idea on when ground breaking for windseeker might begin? I guess they'll be setting up a staging area in either the maintenance yard or parking lot(where they staged I305's parts) sometime soon.I'm thinking that WS will go more closer to americana than ED as there's more room for a wrap around queue over there.

^I doubt it, cedar fair won't give KD another 300ft tall ride for the same reason Leviathan's height is only 306ft, to protect the records of the flagship park, Cedar Point.

That's probably true.

I highly doubt it what with new management in charge.Rmember folks,Kinzel's gone at the end of this year.

Oh well maybe that means 600 foot coasters for all parks!!!

I highly doubt it what with new management in charge.Rmember folks,Kinzel's gone at the end of this year.

Even with new management, Cedar Point will still be the "flagship" park in the chain.

^I doubt it, cedar fair won't give KD another 300ft tall ride for the same reason Leviathan's height is only 306ft, to protect the records of the flagship park, Cedar Point.

But they can still give it a dragster coaster that is 410ft high!

Oh well maybe that means 600 foot coasters for all parks!!!

I dunno about a 600 footer but perhaps a 400 footer could be in KD's future? The mid atlantic region could use something along the lines of KK but with a slightly different layout & it would give KD the launch coaster record once again...a record we lost when HSXLC was removed.

I really think that CF is really interested in KD as they wouldn't have given the park a giga if they didn't think that they were worthy of such an expensive investment & then as if that weren't enough they chose to add another massive thrill ride in the form of windseeker two seasons later....now that's what I call some major investing on their part & it's surely paying off.