TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Braces

Curt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ They will make your mouth hurt. Not all the time, but usually after they tighten them you will be in pain. I had mine in for about two years, from 13-15. Always follow your orthodontist's orders and wear your rubber bands!

My girlfriend is actually going in to get those Invisiline braces started next week. They're a little bit more pricey, but you don't have a metal mouth to deal with.

I thought it was long having them for two years. I used the rubber bands all the time, and it meant bad news as they kept getting into the vacuum cleaner. Also, there are some foods that you are not allowed to eat, such as pizza crust, bagels, ice, among others.

As said above, getting them tightened (usually once a month) means some pain for a day or two.

Started with bands. Then went on to a "key turning" painful pallot expander. Then went on to top braces. Then bottom braces. Then retainer. All in all the pallot expander, which pushes your teeth outward, was by far the most painful. It took 3 years altogether. Just pray you don't have to get a pallot expander.

Started with bands. Then went on to a "key turning" painful pallot expander. Then went on to top braces. Then bottom braces. Then retainer. All in all the pallot expander, which pushes your teeth outward, was by far the most painful. It took 3 years altogether. Just pray you don't have to get a pallot expander.

*Has a flashback*

*Cries*

Im getting braces soon Im gutted...My wisdom teeth r coming in and will make my teeth really squint if I do nothing, So I decided just to get them,I mean Id rather hate my teeth for a year and a half than hate the way I look for the rest of my life.

I had braces for five years... age 10- 15. My teeth wern't completley fixed when I was 15... my teeth were straight but my "bite" was horrible. So, when I was 18, I had to have a surgey to fix it where they broke my jaw bone and moved it around a little... and I had to get braces after that AGAIN. I had "invisible" braces for 9 months and just got them off a month ago. Finnaly at age 19, braces are finnaly behind me!

ALSO, to anyone getting braces, brush your teeth at least 700 times a day, ALWAYS waer your rubberbands when told to (to avoid having your jaw broken in an operation) and getting your braces tightened usualy doesn't hurt. Also, getting "impressions" of your teeth is not a good experence. That substance is disgusting! Good luck.

I just got all of my braces on today. I had braces on the four front upper teeth, and they hurt for about four or five days.Now that I have al of myy braces on, the bottom teeth kind of hurt, while the top feel fine. It's not as bad as the time they put this applince called a quadhelix in. A quadhelix is suppoesed to push out the front top teeth,, the only thing is that there artwo metal wires poking into your jaw, and when it gets too deep into your jaw, it hurts SO bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to wear an expander for about 6 months, both top and bottem. Wasn't exactly "painful", but very irritating. Got those off and immediately put on top and bottem braces. Had those for 2 years, then got retainers. Now I have braces again, 5 years later. This time I snagged some ceramic braces (Instead of metal). So basically they are clear, but not "invisalign". Don't know how long I will have those on for, because I have to wait for a tooth to come down ( Top jaw was to small so tooth could not come down because it was blocked by another). The good news is that it is 1/2 way down. Yay for me...

I actually think a better question is who hasn't had braces? I feel like an oddball at times 'cause I never have. I always thought everytime I went into the dentist they were going to say I needed them ('cause everybody else in school did), but they always told me I had excellent teeth. I to this day get comments on having nice teeth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say I'm the balls, just sayin'... glad I haven't had braces.

I get my top brace on October 13th n my bottom a year later... Im starting to feel a wee bit self-concious wearing them as I am 18 and will still have them when im 20.... But I suppose its better than hating the way your teeth are for the rest of your life.

Im getting some teeth taken out this week, Should be funny as I wont be able to talk! Lol