TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Discussion Thread

Looks lke sharp old school zero G roll like on Khan or Kumba.

That's just the angle I think, it's actually very drawn out. But don't take that as a negative, I think that'll make it work better for these trains, alot more graceful.

I love this shot of the ride and how it towers over stealth's station

Looks lke sharp old school zero G roll like on Khan or Kumba.

That's just the angle I think, it's actually very drawn out. But don't take that as a negative, I think that'll make it work better for these trains, alot more graceful.

I love this shot of the ride and how it towers over stealth's station

Kumba's Zero G Looks more stretched out than Swarms!!!!

^ The roll transition is alot more drawn out. It may be steeper, but look how The Swarm's starts banking right at the bottom.

On Kumba you head upwards then hit a quick 360 roll at the top, then make your way down on relatively un-banked track. It also flies through it. Modern zero-gs (well certainly this one) will rotate alll the way from the bottom of the hill to the same point on the other side.

It will also hold that zero-g force for a long time, unlike the old ones when it's only in the top portion of the inversion.

^ The roll transition is alot more drawn out. It may be steeper, but look how The Swarm's starts banking right at the bottom.

On Kumba you head upwards then hit a quick 360 roll at the top, then make your way down on relatively un-banked track. It also flies through it. Modern zero-gs (well certainly this one) will rotate alll the way from the bottom of the hill to the same point on the other side.

It will also hold that zero-g force for a long time, unlike the old ones when it's only in the top portion of the inversion.

Ahhhh, I See, I thought you were on about the angle of ascent (ie. how steep it was)

I do agree though, and I cannot wait to be there opening day.....I know there will be a silly queue and it will probably have some operational issues, but I have my SLR for those periods

Looks like the zer-g's done! (taken from the Developers Diary on facebook)

this is one sexy coaster! I really hope I can get to Six Flags Great America soon because X-Flight will be the closest thing I'll have to this beauty.

EDIT: they're almost done with the inclined loop!

387914_10150348694491854_500321853_8672562_445443644_n.thumb.jpg.98ffa0a1cc81eead9089a2deb1da2b7a.jpg

I don't think so. It looks like it's only banked at...

NINETY DEGREES!!!!!!!

...but it might be more. I personally count anything banked at 135 degrees or more to be an inversion.