TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Calling All Coaster Enthusiasts!

Name:

Rebecca

What is your roller coaster count?

A very sad and low number, around 20 or so.

What is your home park?

Busch Gardens Africa (Tampa)

What is the nearest big city?

Tampa, FL

What is your occupation?

Student

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)

3 or 4

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park?

Probably just around once

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites?

I like to stick to the places that have the thrill rides.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park?

Toronto, Ontario

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…)

Nope

Do you have any other major hobbies?

Airplanes, I always look forward to airshows and such.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason?

I don't really have an offseason. The parks near me are always open, so I could head out there if I wanted to. Just don't have much time. As far as traveling goes, the farthest I usually go is Orlando, which is about three hours from me.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?)

I wish

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself?

Not at all

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them?

No to both

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts?

Pretty much

How do you get your coaster news?

TPR

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on?

2 or 3

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel?

Wood: El Toro, Boulder Dash, Colossus

Steel: Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Expedition GeForce

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3?

Cedar Point, SFOG, IOA

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster?

Nope

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks?

At times

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go?

Yes, if I don't know the park already.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community?

It always seems welcoming!

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts?

Definitely!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Griffin

What is your roller coaster count? 55

What is your home park? Six Flags Great America

What is the nearest big city? Chicago

What is your occupation? None

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 15-20

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 3-5

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Other sites. I didn't want to go to St. Louis if I couldn't do the Arch!

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? Florida (about 1000 miles)

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) No

Do you have any other major hobbies? Watching NASCAR

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I enjoy other things in the offseason like sledding in the snow.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? No

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? No

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Yes

How do you get your coaster news? Theme Park Review

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? None

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? Wood: T- Express, El Toro, Voyage. Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Nitro, Millennium Force.

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Tokyo Disneyland, Islands of Adventure, Cedar Point

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? No

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) No

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yes

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Very warm and accepting.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Sometimes

Name: Deus ex Machina

26 or 27 (not sure if you count Avatar at KI). I need to travel more!

What is your home park?

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, unfortunately

Oh God, it's all around me! I'm talking about SFKK's home, Louisville.

What is your occupation?

None.

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)?

Don't pay attention.

Once or twice. I need to travel more!

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites?

Primarily.

About 5-6 hours to Geauga Lake.

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…)

No.

Some physical and mental workouts, so yes. Also use No Limits.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason?

A coaster craving during the off-season is not fun, so yes.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?)

Not yes.

Maybe a little bit.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them?

No. My last answer was sort of a guess.

Yes and no.

TPR, news channels, park visits, TV commercials, and YouTube.

Just this one, and I'm not sure if I consider it to be regularly. Maybe.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel?

Wood:

1) Voyage

2) Beast

3) El Toro

Steel:

1) Expedition GeForce

2) X^2

3) Diamondback

1) Cedar Point

2) SFGAdv

3) Kings Island

No. Seems pretty foolish IMO, unless the kid is fine with it.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…)

No.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go?

Yes.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community?

Warm & accepting

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts?

Absolutely!

Name: Josh Cooper

What is your roller coaster count? 45

What is your home park? Flamingoland (ugh)

What is the nearest big city? Leeds (57 miles)

What is your occupation? Baker!

At least 2 or 3. Money is tight!

One or two.

Just the park.

Not counting dream world in australia, 120 miles.

Hell no! Family? Psshhh!

Sound engineer

Sadness?? Sometimes...

Yeah, a bit. We kinda know eachother.

Not as much fun as with your best buddy!

Yes, and no!

It depends. If they are nice and theyre hobby isn't constantly the centre of conversation then yes.

This site!

This site!

Hmmmm.... Intamin would definately occupy the top spots. Just anything intamin.

Not sure, i believe each park has it's own merits, with the obvious exception of Fuji-Q.

Nope, i go by myself!

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…)

Park and food is always number one. Last year I spent nearly £40 on McDonalds while at Alton Towers.

Yes, especially with what order to hit rides. Low capacity first, with the people-movers for later.

It varies. Mostly other enthusiasts are rather welcoming, but there is the odd one that is just a bit less than nice.

Not as such, it's MY hobby and if they don't want to know then so be it.

Name: Alan Johnsrud

What is your roller coaster count? 314

What is your home park? Valleyfair!

What is the nearest big city? Minneapolis

What is your occupation? Student/Web Design

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 40+

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 2-4

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Mainly amusement parks.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? over 1,000 miles id say.

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) Sometimes it does yes.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Yeas I do. Bowling is another passion of mine.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? Sometimes I do during the offseason but I do have a park that is indoors so I can fix those offseason blues. I normally do not travel during the winter. It's just a hassle...

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) Yes, but only a few of them.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? Not at all! I think its better to do that. Get more rides in!

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Yes I have to both questions.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Yeah its fairly easy to do unless they are just plain retarded.. lol

How do you get your coaster news? The internet mainly.

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? 4-5

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? Wood: 1.El Toro 2. The Voyage 3. Boulder Dash. Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Superman:Ride of Steel (SFNE before Bizzaro) 3.Apollos Chariot

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? 1.Cedar Point 2. Holiday World 3. Busch Gardens Europe

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? Sadly yes..

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) I try to yeah but it doesn't work very well though the trips will still happen.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Depends on it its my first visit. If so yeah I do a little but I do it by myself.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Warm and accepting thats for sure.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Yeah to the ones that will listen! lol

Name: Jake J

What is your roller coaster count? 48

What is your home park? Six Flags St. Louis

What is the nearest big city? St. Louis

What is your occupation? Student

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 8

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? Maybe an average of three, but could be more (this year is five).

I try to hit other sites definitely!

250 just solely to go to a park, but have been to parks while on other vacations.

Not really a good question for me, as I plan my trips to theme parks on weekends when I won't be busy. My theme park trips this year were rushed, as it was the only time I could go.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Yes, Sports.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I look forward to the season, especially if there is a new addition to the park. Last year I hit SeaWorld Orlando over Thanksgiving, but I do not travel just for theme parks.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? I would rather go with a friend or family, but I would definitely go to an amusement park by myself over doing nothing else.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? I guess so. Many have a good sense of humor

How do you get your coaster news? Screamscape, or if I hear it posted. I read about Evel Kneival in the STL post, but that was before I was a real fanatic (2 years ago).

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? 2

Idk, look at the Mitch Hawker Poll. S:ROS is always on top, then I don't know. For wood, the Intamin pre-fabricated Woodies are on top.

uh...these are guesses.... BGE, Cedar Point, SFGADV

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? Haha no. I am still innocent.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) Rarely buy food or anything at the park.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yes, but normally I can only go certain days so I don't have a choice.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Depends, I have heard people trash others for making GP-type comments, and that their opinion was wrong.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Yes, but I don't want to sound like I know so much more than them, as they might be turned off about coasters when they brag that they went on "Mr Freeze" and I tell them their are coaster twice the size and almost twice the speed.

Name: AJ Hummel

What is your roller coaster count? 100

What is your home park? Pretty much any park in Southern California, but I visit Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain the most.

What is the nearest big city? Los Angeles

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? I try to make 9-10 visits to parks per year and usually accomplish it.

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? Once or twice at most.

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? I usually pick an amusement park and find other things around it to add to the trip. This can stretch a two day park trip into a week.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? Sandusky, Ohio

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) Usually I visit an amusement park with my family members.

Do you have any other major hobbies? I like watching movies and writing stories.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I don't have an offseason and rarely go more than two months without visiting a park.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No, at least not yet.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? No.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Not yet, but I wouldn't mind doing so.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? I've never really tried, but most of the ones I've met seemed like nice people.

How do you get your coaster news? Screamscape, Theme Park Review and Theme Park Insider.

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? 2-3, but only Theme Park Review is roller coaster related.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? In no particular order, and complete guesses, Wood: Lightning Racer, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers; Steel: Behemoth, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Again, in no particular order, and complete guesses: Disneyland, Dollywood, Kennywood

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? No, and I wouldn't ever do so. I don't care enough about kiddie coaster credits.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) No, but I don't spend a lot of money period.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? If it is a major park, I will plan out my day, making a priority list of rides and a list of the best order to do them. If it is a minor park, I just go and see what happens.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? More accepting than discouraging, but some people give it a negative image.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Only my family members unless I am actually at a park. I can't resist telling all my friends about every ride, especially if they've never been on it before. I don't usually correct stuff other people say unless it is significantly off.

Name: Jordan Barner

What is your roller coaster count? 151

What is your home park? Knoebels

What is the nearest big city? Harrisburg, PA or Philadelphia

What is your occupation? High School Student

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 22

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 19

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? It's a little bit of both. If my family has decided to go on a vacation to a place that is not an amusement park then I will try to find a park or two along the way to hit. But I do also plan trips that are exclusively roller coaster related.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? St. Louis, MO

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) Yes, it has.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Tennis, other sports, CAD

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? Well I definitely look forward to the roller coaster season during the offseason so i guess you could say so. Yes I have an offseason. No I do not travel.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No, but I am friends with a kid in my school that works at Knoebels.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Yes. Can't say I have.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Yes.

How do you get your coaster news? TPR, Screamscape.

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? Two.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? El Toro, Boulder Dash, and The Voyage for wood. Bizarro (SFNE), MF, and Expedition Geforce for steel.

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Disney World, Knoebels, Holiday World.

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? No, but I've seriously thought about it.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) Not really.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yes.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? It honestly depends on the website you're interacting with the community on. On TPR I do.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Sometimes but not really.

Name: Sam Johnson

What is your roller coaster count? 181

What is your home park? Hyland Hills Water World, Elitch Gardens, Lakeside Amusement Park

What is the nearest big city? Denver, CO

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 1 visit to each usually since they are about an hour drive in each direction to get to. I've only been to Water World this year though.

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? I go to SFDK several times when I'm visiting family out there in CA. I usually do one additional trip to some other parks as well (this year it was Knott's and SFMM)

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Unless its with family, I stick to the amusement parks because I can't afford to do more.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park?. East coast in 2008 with TPR!

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) I don't associate with my family much anymore since I moved out last year, so no.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Skiing, RCT2, working out.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I'm too busy at college to really care that I'm not riding coasters. I used to think I was obsessed, but since the offseason does not bother me, I guess I'm not so much.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) There's a few.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? no

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? I only ever go by myself if it's a credit run, or to get my season pass. Usually in those cases, I haven't ran into anyone if it wasn't already planned.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Yes, assuming their obsession isn't unhealthy like most ACErs

How do you get your coaster news? TPR, Screamscape

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? 2

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? Wood: Boulder Dash, Phoenix, El Toro. Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Maverick, any Intamin Mega-Lite

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Cedar Point, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knoebel's

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) I did when I was saving for the TPR trip, but not so much anymore since I don't have any trips planned.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? To some extent.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Warm and accepting on TPR. Not so much on RCPro, which is why I left that site.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? If the topic comes up, yes.

Name: Ben Fry

What is your roller coaster count? 472

What is your home park? Thorpe Park

What is the nearest big city? London (I'm in it!)

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? About 50

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? About 49 (I really hate Thorpe! )

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? I do try my best. Obviously some parks are so far out the way, or there's just no time, but, what extra I can hit, I will.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? To California, 5000-odd miles. IF you mean in a day, only about 200 miles.

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) Yes... I missed a family holiday to Wales for the TPR East Coast trip, and I wouldn't of had it any other way!

Do you have any other major hobbies? Not as major as coasters, but, theatre and film keep me going through the off-season!

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I do have an off-season, but, I turn to my other loves, theatre and film! I never go to shows/movies in the summer, and do all the time in Winter. It's nice to get that balance. I don't usually travel in the Winter, but more because I'm busy with University than anything.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) Yep. One of my best friends works at a park.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? If I absolutely HAD to, yes.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Yes, a couple of times. And no, never bumped into someone when on my own.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Yep. Something in common!

How do you get your coaster news? Forums. I can't be bothered to find it myself

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? Two

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? Wood - El Toro, T-Express, Boulder Dash. Steel - Bizarro, Expedition GeForce, Nemesis (I wouldn't agree with any of these three!)

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Cedar Point, Tokyo Disney, Islands of Adventure

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? Yes... Shameful.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) Yep! Except alcohol

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yep.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? I find it depends where you go, but, on the most part, we're a warm bunch of people.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Yeah, if they'd listen!

Name: Pat Hollandaise

What is your roller coaster count? 79

What is your home park? Kings Dominion

What is the nearest big city? Washington D.C.

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 5-6

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 3-4

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? I mainly visit other sites.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? 7 hours to Cedar Point.

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) No

Do you have any other major hobbies? Yes

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I do not feel sad during the off season but near the end I get anxious for coasters. I do have an offseason. I do not usually travel.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) no

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? no

no

Yes

TPR, Coaster-net, AIM, Amusement today new letters

Wood:

El Toro

The Voyage

Balder

Steel:

Millennium Force

Expedition Geforce

Bizzaro (SFNE)

BGE

Holiday World

Disney Sea

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? I always wimp out when I'm in a situation when I can.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…)No

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go?Yes

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? It depends on which area of the community.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? It depends on the person. I usually shy away from it though.

Name: Gary Wilson

What is your roller coaster count? 95

What is your home park? When I'm at school, it's Parque de la Costa. When I'm at home, it's Holiday World.

What is the nearest big city? Buenos Aires, Argentina/ Indianapolis, Indiana

What is your occupation? Student, during campaign season I work in politics.

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 10 or so

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 5

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? I will travel for Amusement parks, but generally theme parks are not my primary reason for taking a trip.

Tomorrow I leave to visit a park in Santiago, Chile.

No not really. Most trips are family and friends sort of things.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Yes, I work/ write in politics.

There is no off-season in Argentina. But when I can't visit a park for a large amount of time I begin to really look forward to going back. Sadness is not a good for it, it's more building anticipation.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No

Not at all. Sometimes that makes for a nice peaceful trip.

Can't say I have.

I haven't had any issues.

Screamscape.

About five, mainly about politics/sports.

Wood: Voyage, El Toro, Raven

Steel: Bizarro, M. Force, Maverick

Holiday World (Im biased), Cedar Point, Kennywood

No.

Sometimes yes.

Yes I try to, but I'm not super opposed to just winging it.

Little bit of both.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts

if they ask or bring it up/

Name: Daniel Bruington

What is your roller coaster count? 114 (Not including traveling credits)

What is your home park? Holiday World/SFKK/Beech Bend (all about 1 hour away)

What is the nearest big city? Louisville, KY

What is your occupation? Student, Lifeguard at local pool

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 8-14

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 5-10

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? The park trips are often incorporated into a larger vacation...but there are many exceptions

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? Toronto, Ontario (CA), or Southern Florida (700-800 miles)

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) No.

Do you have any other major hobbies? I love water sports (tubing, knee-boarding, cliff jumping, ect.) and golf

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? I miss coasters during my 6-month offseason, but don't get to the point of depression over it. I sometimes travel to parks during the winter, but not often.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) Not really

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? I usually go with a friend, but if I do go by myself, it doesn't bother me too much.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Yes, plenty of times...I have only met/befriended two enthusiasts out of all those trips, though.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Fairly easy, yes. But I'm a really outgoing person.

How do you get your coaster news? Screamscape, TPR, Coasterbuzz...

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? 2, regularly...registered at probably 6 sites.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? The Voyage, El Toro, Boulder Dash | Bizzaro (SFNE), Millennium Force, Expedition GeForce

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Cedar Point, Knoebels, Kennywood (I'm talking about true amusement parks, not theme parks)

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? No, haven't needed to, yet.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) No. But then again, I'm just a teenager and usually don't pay for the park trips...

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yes, almost always. The only exception being my home parks.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Honestly, I believe there is a LOT of negativity towards new members of the coaster community, and I don't think that's fair at all. It's funny...it often feels like a high school to me. There are lots of different cliques that certain members fit into, and the members within those groups always take up for each other, while belittling others who are not in their group. The biggest cliques of all are age groups...and from first-hand knowledge/observations, the younger the group, the more belittled the members.

However, I have found that members of the coaster community are much more open and accepting in person.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? When people who are not coaster enthusiasts are interested in what I have to say about my hobby, then yes, I do.

Name: David/Andre

What is your roller coaster count? About 18?

What is your home park? California's Great America

What is the nearest big city? San Jose

What is your occupation? ...

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 2-4

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 2-3

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Other sites, usually.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) Nope

Do you have any other major hobbies? Ummm, computer?

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? What is offseason?

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) ?

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? Yeah

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Nope

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Nope

How do you get your coaster news? TPR

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? Just here, most of the time.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? WOOD: El Toro, Balder, Voyage STEEL: Bizzaro (SFNE), Tatsu, California Screamin'

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? SFMM, Disneyland, All Disney World parks.

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? No, I am a kid.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) I don't think so.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yeah, baby!

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? First option.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Not really.

Name: John

What is your roller coaster count? 58

What is your home park? SFDK

What is the nearest big city? Sacramento (if that counts as a "big city")

What is your occupation? Automotive technician (Mechanic)

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? It depends on the year, but at least 10 and sometimes as many as 20+.

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? Again, it fluctuates, but usually 5-10 times on average.

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? We often incorporate other sites or attractions into our trips to parks.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? British Columbia, Canada.

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) No. However, we sometimes make a birthday, or anniversary, a reason for visiting a park.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Yes. Dirt bikes, snowmobiles, my kids' sports and activities, etc.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? No to feelings of sadness. Our off season for the parks closest to home is fairly short, and we can always travel a relatively short distance to southern California where the parks are open year round. We travel when it's feasible and fits our budget, so yes, we sometimes travel in what would be the coaster off season.

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No. Although I have met park employees outside of their time at work, and found them to be friendly, I don't have any close personal friends that work in the amusement industry.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? I don't think it would, but I never have. Enjoying time there with family and friends is primarily why I like to go to parks.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? No.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? I guess I'd need a better definition of "friends" to answer this properly. I don't have any trouble making enjoyable conversation with most enthusiasts I've met, and I've enjoyed the company of any number of enthusiasts, but none have become what I would consider a close "friend".

How do you get your coaster news? For the most part, here on TPR.

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? Just here on TPR.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? In no particular order, for Wood: T-Express, Balder, El Toro. For steel: Expedition GeForce, Bizarro (fka SROS), Millennium Force.

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Tokyo Disney Sea, WDW Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios Florida.

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? I have my own kids, but even at that, I'm not much of a credit whore and usually don't ride kiddie coasters. Most of the kiddie coaster credits that I do have were obtained when I was a kid.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) I consider trips to parks entertainment, and budget them accordingly.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yes. I like to be as prepared as I reasonably can.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? I think I've seen both sides to some degree, but far more of the former than the latter. Robb, Elissa, and most of the other people that I've become somewhat familiar with from reading and posting here on TPR, have been very open, friendly and helpful.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? To the extent that they're interested, I'll discuss trips to parks, and offer whatever tips I can if they ask me about planning a trip, but it's not often a topic of conversation for me away from the forums here.

Name: Philip

What is your roller coaster count? 125

What is your home park? Kennywood

What is the nearest big city? Pittsburgh, PA

What is your occupation? Patient Transporter

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 4-5

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 2-3

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Mostly parks

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? As far south as Orlando, as far west as Kansas City. Not sure which is further.

No.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Art, running, videogames.

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? Have an offseason? Yes. Sadness? Absolutely!

Do you consider yourself friends with someone you met who works at an amusement park? (Or reverse it, if you work or worked and an amusement park have you made friends with enthusiasts?) No.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Yes and No.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Sometimes.

How do you get your coaster news? TPR

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? 1

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? Wood: Balder, El Toro, Phoenix. Steel: Bizzaro SFNE, EGF, Millennium Force.

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? USO/ IOA, CP, DW.

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? lol, no.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) Yes, I don't drink or smoke and will taper off on the movies and fast food to save.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Generally no.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Mostly warm and accepting...mostly.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Certainly!

Name: Matthew Diaz

What is your roller coaster count? 78

What is your home park? Six Flags Magic Mountain

What is the nearest big city? Los Angeles

What is your occupation? Student/Retail

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 25

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 3

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Primarily amusement parks

Across the country. Soon international.

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) I try and put family ahead. If it is an event that includes ERT than I may skip the family event. If its just a regular day then I will put family first.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Photography

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? No offseason. About 2 or 3 weeks after my last visit I go through times where I really I really miss my coasters. I start to miss them about an hour into my drive home though. I'm bad.

Yes! We hangout outside of the park. Go to the beach and go shopping. I love my two girls. They are amazing.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? Yes. I would much rather go with someone else. I find that it greatly inhanses the experience.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? At Termination Day. And I ended up just going to Goliath and hanging out with the crew.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Of course. They are the ones that don't look at your funny when you start raving about coasters.

How do you get your coaster news? TPR!!!

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? One.

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? El Toro. The Voyage. Balder. X2. Nitro. Griffon.

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Cedar Point. Great Adventure. The Disney Chain.

Have you ever “stole a kid” to get a credit on a kiddie coaster? No. Some day. But borrow. Not steal.

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) OF COURSE!! Need to fit coasters in or I will go insane. I see it a relaxing.

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Indeed.

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? I think it is half and half. Depending on who you talk to. Some people come off as cocky know it alls. And others are always willing to teach others and help them learn the ropes.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? Yeah. But once they give me the crazy look I tend to tone it down.

Name: Brian

What is your roller coaster count? 70

What is your home park? Dorney Park/Six Flags Great Adventure (both are 50 minutes away and I go to both about the same amount of times each season)

What is the nearest big city? Philadelphia

What is your occupation? Retail

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 30

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 3 - 5

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Other sites

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? Disney World

Does roller coaster time get in the way of family time? (Do you choose to miss your children’s or family’s sporting events, holidays, birthdays, etc…) No, in fact I missed Family Fall Fun Night at Great Adventure 2 weeks ago (which is basically 5 hours of ERT) because it was my birthday and I wanted to spend it with my family rather than go to the park.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Video Games, Baseball

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? Yes, I hate the offseason. I rarely travel during the offseason.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? No, I take solo trips to parks all the time. My friends hate amusement parks.

Have you gone to an amusement park by yourself? If so have you ever ran into another enthusiast and tagged along with them? Yes, I have gone to parks alone. I have ran into workers who are enthusisasts who post on coaster sites but only talked to them for a few minutes.

Do you find it easy to make friends with other enthusiasts? Not sure as I really don't know any enthusiasts that well

How do you get your coaster news? TPR, Screamscape and other park specific sites

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? Around 10

If there was a poll that asked a large pool of enthusiasts what their favorite roller coaster is, what do you think would be the top 3 responses be for wood? And for steel? Wood - Voyage, El Toro, Balder. Steel - Millenium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Kingda Ka

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Cedar Point, Great Adventure, Magic Mountain

Do you cut other categories out of your budget to make trips to parks? (Entertainment, fast food, holidays, tobacco or alcohol, etc…) No

Before you visit a new park do you research the park finding the best way to navigate the park, get the best deals, or what days to go? Yes

Do you feel the roller coaster enthusiast community is a warm and accepting community, or a negative and discouraging community? Somewhere in the middle

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller coaster enthusiasts? No, because no one I talk to really has any interest in hearing about coasters.

Name: Matthew Cooper

What is your roller coaster count? 46

What is your home park? Alton Towers

What is the nearest big city? Manchester, UK

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? Once or Twice

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? again once or twice

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? I try to hit lots of thing but theme parks are top of the list.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? The United States

I have to do what my parents do and that's usually the family thing.

Using the computer as well as football (soccer)

I don't get feelings of sadness but I am glad when the season starts up again.

Nope

Nope

Nope

No idea I haven't met any other enthusiasts

From the forums at TPR and TowersTimes

about 4ish

For wood - El Toro, Balder and T-Express

For steel - Kawasemi, Maverick and Superman ROS (the hyper type one)

Europa Park, Disney Orlando and Alton Towers (I'm pretty clueless on this one)

No

Nope

Usually

Fairly accepting, except if you make a comment that is pretty obvious it's not true to enthusiasts but a person who isn't interested in roller coasters wouldn't understand.

Do you like to talk about your hobby with people who are not roller enthusiasts?

No I try and keep it on the down low but sometimes it slips out if there's a photo of a roller coaster and someone asks what it is, I just have to say what it is.

Name: MATTEOCREPALDI

What is your home park?

-- LunaEuropark Idroscalo (more like a carnival than a real park!)

-- Milano (Italy)

What is your occupation?

-- Aerospace engineer (actually I'm still studying to get smarter!)

-- Around 20.

-- 19 out of 20! My home park sucks!

-- Only parks!

-- Six Flags Great America (Chicago)

-- I miss church on Sunday when I travel!

-- Skiing in the offseason.

-- Yes! I hate the Offseason! I go skiing in the offseason.

-- Yes but they don't understand much!

-- NO!

-- YES but I never actually met any other enthusiasts.

-- It's hard to find them around here!

-- Mostly Screamscape and TPR of course!

-- ElToro, T-Express, Balder (WOOD)

-- Bizarro, Millennium Force, Kingda Ka (Steel)

-- Cedar Point, SF Great Adventures, SF Magic Mountain

-- NO!

-- YES

-- I just check the number and details of the roller coasters.

-- Warm and acceptin community!

-- YES

Name:

Stuart Drake

What is your home park?

Rainbow's End

Auckland

What is your occupation?

Student

Once or twice

Once every two or three years

I go for the amusement parks while my family forces me along to other things

New Zealand to the UK

No, usually I go with my family.

Music and filmmaking

NZ's only park is open year round ;D

I haven't met any other enthusiasts yet

Nope.

Yes and no

N/a

The internet

Around 5

Wood:

El Toro, Boulder Dash, Balder.

Steel:

Expedition GeForce, Superman: Ride of Steel, Millenium Force

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Cedar Point, any of the Disney parks, SFMM

Not yet

Yes

I look up all the coasters and the best order to get on all of them

It varies. A lot of the time it seems pretty negative over the internet, but I've never experienced a coaster event so I can't comment on that.

Not really. Snippets, but never a real conversation.

Name: Lara

What is your roller coaster count? 163

What is your home park? Don't have one. Stupid Sydney. Used to be Australia's Wonderland.

What is the nearest big city? Sydney, Australia

What is your occupation? Musician

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? Maybe once a year I go up to Brisbane, other than that, TPR trips!

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? Once or twice

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? Mostly parks! Or musicals.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? East Coast USA with TPR.

I missed my mum's birthday for a TPR trip. She got over it. Other than that, no.

Do you have any other major hobbies? Video games. Musicals. Extreme sports, DDR

Do you get feelings of sadness in the offseason? Do you even have an offseason? Do you travel during the offseason? No. We don't have an off season...we don't have an on season! There are no parks here!

Of course.

Would it bother you to go to an amusement park by yourself? Not really. It's more fun with people though. Although not with annoying people who won't go on anything.

Yes. I made friends with a fat ranga kid (ranga=red head). Does that count?

Yes. On the whole they're really nice, although a small number are a little creepy. Also, they make me feel less dorky.

How do you get your coaster news? TPR. I don't really care THAT much about coaster news though.

How many different forum sites do you regularly post on? This one sometimes.

Wood: Balder, T Express, El Toro

Steel: Expedition G force, SROS, MF

Same scenario but for amusement parks, what would be the top 3? Depends what area you are asking about. Cedar Point, Tokyo Disneysea, Europa Park, others such as Knoebels, SFMM, SFNE, SF GAv....

No, I'm not a whore.

Yes. I don't smoke, drink, buy dvds, buy cds, buy bags/purses, get manicures/blow dries/other stupid unnecessary things that girls do, I try not to spend too much money. But that's regardless of whether I'm saving for a trip or not.

Definitely

Mostly very friendly, nice people. Also, I feel like less of a nerd when I'm around enthusiasts!

Sure, if they're interested. Most of my friends are amused by my hobby, and think I'm a bit strange. But they already thought that. Oh well.

Name: Vuurvogel

What is your roller coaster count? 64

What is your home park? Walibi World/Efteling

What is the nearest big city? Amersfoort

About how many times a year do you visit a park (including your home park)? 10

About how many times a year do you travel to a park that is not your home park? 8

When you travel do you go primarily to amusement parks or do you also try and hit other sites? other sites!! like zoos, nice museums, nature reservations, tourist attractions. I like to check out a whole area.

What is the farthest you’ve traveled to go to an amusement park? 600km

No, its possible to balance, take your family with you!

Do you have any other major hobbies? Yes, like zoos, and paint and sculpt.

never an offseason, there is always something open.

yes, both ways

yes, I rather go with someone, but when nobody is available I will go on my own

yes I have, no I have not met someone

or is it easy to make enthusiasts out of your friends?

via internet, or at my job, and the EAS was great to learn about coasters

I only now my own lists, and they are;

Wood; 1Troy, Toverland, 2Robin Hood, Walibi World, 3Pegasus, Efteling

Steel; 1Black Mamba, Phantasialand, 2Winjas, Phantasialand, 3Euromir, Europapark

Same as above; 1Europapark, 2Disney Resort Paris, 3Efteling

You should never steel a kid, borrow one or make one of your own. And no

No

Yes, I mostly research the best route to do as many, preferably all, rides.

Warm, fuzzy, accepting, fun and overall supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

yes and make enthusiasts put of them