TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Non-Death at Universal Studios Hollywood

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Fox is trying to make up for the mistake. They are currently at the additions for the Halloween Horror Nights interviewing the talent that will be part of The Rockey Horror Picture Show.

Its Rocky Horror's Media launch day today so I would imagine they were going anyway..

Also, yes, Fox 11 News is AMAZING! They dance to techno music through the weather reports!

^ It's still a Fox affiliate. So Fox 11 News is correct. And to be fair, fact-checker ranks Fox News (as a network) lowest of all the cable news channels. Just saying... It's best to get your news from newspaper sources, such as the AP or other traditional journalistic sources. All the 24-hour news channels do is rereport the traditional journalists stories anyway. They rarely have their own journalists covering news events.

-James Dillaman

^ Correct. It's the local affiliate. Rupert Murdoch has nothing to do with it except the name.
She probably had an underlying condition (faint heart or something) and the ride triggered something fatal.

Either that or the T-res ate her.

I love the speculation without any details. Then it turns out to be wrong!

Actually, this one is owned and operated by FOX...

^It's likely a preexisting condition that caused her to faint. Dehydration or fear of dinosaurs?

If you visit a doctor, they can inform you of all your pre-existing conditions.

Or so I've heard from a reliable source somewhere around these parts.

^ It's still a Fox affiliate. So Fox 11 News is correct. And to be fair, fact-checker ranks Fox News (as a network) lowest of all the cable news channels. Just saying... It's best to get your news from newspaper sources, such as the AP or other traditional journalistic sources. All the 24-hour news channels do is rereport the traditional journalists stories anyway. They rarely have their own journalists covering news events.

-James Dillaman

Wait a minute. Actually that's not true. Fox News doesn't add their point-of-views in most of the time. At least Fox 11 corrected themselves where if any other company such as NBC or CNN would've reported on this, they would've just forgot about it. Most newspapers aren't really honest either since some only report one side of the story (such as the Reading Eagle) mostly on the liberal side. I could go farther into the issue, but I don't feel like it and don't need to since I don't want this to turn into a big flame war.

EDIT: Believe it or not, Fox News has much better ratings than CNN and NBC so I wouldn't really criticize them for that.

-James Dillaman

Wait a minute. Actually that's not true. Fox News doesn't add their point-of-views in most of the time. At least Fox 11 corrected themselves where if any other company such as NBC or CNN would've reported on this, they would've just forgot about it. Most newspapers aren't really awnest either since some only report one side of the story (such as the Reading Eagle) mostly on the liberal side. I could go farther into the issue, but I don't feel like it and don't need to since I don't want this to turn into a big flame war.

I take it by "awnest" you mean "honest"?

And since nothing really happened here, there really isn't anything to talk about except the news coverage. Hey, they goofed, and it's been corrected. Nothing to see here. Move along.

This thread has my favorite title ever now--reminds me of an old Monty Python skit.

-James Dillaman

Wait a minute. Actually that's not true. Fox News doesn't add their point-of-views in most of the time. At least Fox 11 corrected themselves where if any other company such as NBC or CNN would've reported on this, they would've just forgot about it. Most newspapers aren't really honest either since some only report one side of the story (such as the Reading Eagle) mostly on the liberal side. I could go farther into the issue, but I don't feel like it and don't need to since I don't want this to turn into a big flame war.

EDIT: Believe it or not, Fox News has much better ratings than CNN and NBC so I wouldn't really criticize them for that.

uh oh...he said "liberal side"...let me run out the door right now!

But before I go something to ponder on...

Is It Farther or Further?

^Those shows are classics.

Let me rephrase that. Most newspapers and networks focus on a one-side opinion and sometimes put their own opinion into the story instead of letting the reader and viewer decide their own opinion. There's nothing wrong with being a liberal or conservative, but it just feels like some news networks just try to force their opinion down their throats.

Getting back on topic. This is nothing new with news stories getting updated. Some stories start out worse than they really are once more news comes in.

This is a very serious mistake!

Even with making up their mistake, They still broke the number one rule "DONT SCREW UP BIG NEWS!"

I am really upset that the affiliate did not check up the facts before broadcasting.

Its like saying " Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital, so that must mean he's dead!" then later " Oh he is not dead".

I only used that example because no one knew if he was dead or not for about four hours!

Nick "When Something you do screws up what you love" Wells

DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! Oh, she is a naughty

person, and she must pay the penalty -- and here in Castle Anthrax, we

have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. You

must tie her down on a bed and spank her!

GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!

DINGO: You must spank her well. And after you have spanked her, you

may deal with her as you like. And then, spank me.

VARIOUS GIRLS: And spank me.

And me.

And me.

DINGO: Yes, yes, you must give us all a good spanking!

GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!