TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 468: Loch Ness Monster Media Day Report

Ok, having all day to have the news sink in I can give my honest opinion...

I think this is exactly what BGE needs and it's obvious busch didnt want to take too much of a risk and went w/ a tried and true version and *tweek'ed* it some. The floorless 10 row deep trains were soo unexpected. And I love how the fact that it give you an "instant replay" of what makes sheikra the awesome coaster it is. I can just imagine the feel of a first time rider hitting those brakes and experiencing what just tooked their breath away again, hence my deja vu reference earlier, I dont know too much about the terrain at BGE since I have never been there but im sure its gonna be a great coaster to look at. And now c'mon guys you know the water splash down HAD to be included. Its like a trademark for the american dive coasters now (yeah yeah I know its only one w/ it but still its a cool effect none the least!

So with that said I think this coaster is gonna be just as good as sheikra and give a totally different feeling!

Jarvis "anticipating the 'Poll:which is better sheikra or griffon' threads " Morant

And now c'mon guys you know the water splash down HAD to be included. Its like a trademark for the american dive coasters now (yeah yeah I know its only one w/ it but still its a cool effect none the least!

Exactly. Especially when a company works three years to design, perfect, and literally trademark the element. Plus, as I mentioned back when the "wingwalker" was being discussed for CP'07 (could it still be?), the idea of hanging out over the water with nothing below you will be a sweet visual!

Just some random thoughts:

I'm a huge fan of SheiKra, and Immelmans are my favorite inversion. Still, I'm not too excited about this ride having two of them. I think I'd prefer the second one to be something else (a dive loop, maybe). The bunny hops look pretty cool, though. SheiKra seems like it was supposed to have an airtime hill, but the water run kills off too much speed, and makes the ending kind of weak. This ending looks stronger, but it'll be hard to beat SheiKra's interactions with itself and the surrounding midway.

I'm excited about Griffon, but I'm not convince that it'll be better than SheiKra. Obviously, though, we'll just have to ride it and see.

Boys, Busch Gardens Williamsburg tries very hard to take Tampa's designs and make it much better. This time I think they fell short. First of all having floorless trains was pointless. There should have been two tunnels and a third drop, not another inversion. I like the airtime hills, but two immelmans? what's the point? Anyway I may ride it I may not. time will tell.

Can somebody please tell me how this won't be better than Sheikra? For god's sake it has floorless trains, 1 1/2 the amount of elements, and IMO it will look much better than the "other" Busch ride.. What would you rather have, slow banked turns back towards the station instead of an immelmann? I really wonder what some of you were expecting out of this ride.

First off, I don't see why everyone is comparing Griffon to how much better or worse it is to Sheikra. They are to different coasters which both look amazing. Let's all just be happy BGE is getting Griffon, and not be dissapointed if it doesn't live up to your expectations. Let's ride it first before deciding which one will be better.

Secondly, my family usually goes on one big trip each year, and for next season I was debating on either going:

North to Geagua Lake and/or Kenneywood

East to Busch Gardens Europe and/or PKD

or South to Six Flags Over Georgia

I had been leaning towards SFOG for Goliath, but now I just might have changed my mind. Griffon looks awesome! I have never been on a dive coaster or a floorless one and this thing rocks. Also, it won't be very far out of our way to Virginia Tech.

There are three things that I like better about Griffon that ShieKra:

1. The Layout

2. The Setting/Scenery

3. The Trains

I am not saying that this will be a better ride than SheiKra but I do think it looks much better, I just can't get over the setting! I think that this layout is a little more interesting too, and seems to be better for one reason, and that is the hills! I also really like how the paths intertwine with the coaster for almost the whole ride. Looks like we might another top of its class BGE coaster on our hands, again!

Boys don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Griffon is going to be bad or anything like that. It could have been better. The reason why I said the floorless trains are pointless on this ride is on the seats Sheikra have you can't touch the floor anyway. Plus those trains are more expensive being floorless. Also why no tunnels? Come on people that's a digression from Sheikra. they should have put a tunnel with snow inside.

^^ I've been to Cedar Point and Dollywood, and although they both have a new coaster for 2007, I'm really searching for more credits. I'm sure I will visit them in years to come, but not two consecutive years. The parks that I've listed I have not visited, and all seem to have a good quantity of credits, except BGE with only 5 quality coasters, which is good too. Thanks for the tip though!

To stay on topic, Griffon Looks amazing!

Besides, if you say that because this one is shorter, it is worse, then you forgot about the long helix that didn't really do much and seems to be missing from this one. The vertical drop over the lake will own, as the drop on SFDL's SRoS was awesome, and this one is with a 90 degree drop/floorless car.

The floorless car will do more than a lot of you expect it to. Look at X... That drop rules.

Boys don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Griffon is going to be bad or anything like that. It could have been better. The reason why I said the floorless trains are pointless on this ride is on the seats Sheikra have you can't touch the floor anyway. Plus those trains are more expensive being floorless. Also why no tunnels? Come on people that's a digression from Sheikra. they should have put a tunnel with snow inside.

You're annoying.

Someone has to say it.

- Maliboomer