TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^I couldn't tell you about Sunday, but going to Kentucky Kingdom late in the season is a good idea because you don't want to do what I did and go too early when all the ride attendants are still in school and not being able to go on certain rides until later that day. Plus, when the new rides are operating in this season, they tend to have fewer break downs later in the season than compared to the beginning of the season. And you would want extra time to lose enough weight so you can ride Lighting Run ( unless you're already a skinny-wink, then that won't be a problem ).

Thanks! Good point on the new rides because they do tend to breakdown easily early in the season. I just hope Thunderbird and Fury325 don't give me much trouble on their opening weekends. And yes I'm very skinny for Lightning Run (136)! LOL!

^ Fury shouldn't have too many problems. Thunderbird might, considering it's a first.

That's what I'm so afraid about Thunderbird. I'm coming from Alabama and I just hope all goes well. This will be my first/only visit so I have to ride that ride! At least once for the credit. Lol. B&M is pretty great when it comes to roller coaster so I still have hope.

http://www.kentuckykingdom.com

Check out the homepage. It's shows a close up of the ride models that they are adding as well as a close up of the new train maybe? Does that look like a new model train or just a rendering? Also the Delerium type ride IS the one that goes upside down, which I am HYPED for. I love delerium and this looks like that but better! Also, we're going from 0 inverting rides to 3! That's a big improvemt in the thrill seeking factor!

*I passed around Kentucky Kingdom a few days ago. The park was pretty much dead.

*If you're looking to score their $59.95 season pass before they go up to $99.95, they extended it until the deadline of "when the billboards come down" on January 11th.

*The weather in the area has been much nicer this month compared to the previous two months...

Edited by Midgetman82

Normal pricing is $99.99 for passes. It was $59/69.99 until Christmas but it looks like they've extended the discount.

I am so thankful though, as I forgot to set aside the money to renew my pass for next year, and won't be able to until 1/2/15. I'm wondering though if they actually are having issues selling as many passes/renewing which is why they are extending it.....that whole "billboard" thing seems a little....odd.

Here's what they posted on their Facebook page about an hour ago:

Due to the holidays, the billboard company can’t take down all of our $59.95 billboards till January 11th. So, to avoid confusion, we are honoring $59.95 until the 11th. After January 11th, the 2015 season pass price goes up to $69.95. Happy Holidays from Kentucky Kingdom!

So I was wrong with the passes going up to $99.95 for 2015. Last year, I'm pretty sure they were $99.95 during operating season, but I guess they changed that for this year.

^^ Was just confused as I didn't see the $99 on the website either.

Smart move by the park to extend it as I'm sure them might have gotten quite a few unhappy people wanting season passes. But who knows maybe with the extension more people could end up getting passes they otherwise might not of so it's a win win for the park.

Not saying this is completely the path KK is taking, but many parks strategically plan to announce promotion extensions and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case here despite what is said about the billboards. The theory is to look extra nice to guests and make them feel like they are getting a bonus. The price is already exceptionally reasonable, and advertising that steal of a price for a longer period of time will help stimulate more impulse buys before the true deadline. I know of a few parks from internal business sources who really embrace this clever concept.

Louisville is quite flooded with billboards, bus stop posters, and newspaper ads from KK about their $59.95 deal. They might also be trying to make as much of that advertising money back as possible (or seeing if they can rake-in a little extra). Either way, I definitely don't see it as a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...