TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^I've always found it interesting how the entire tower turns on the Zamperla and ARM versions of the ride as opposed to the Funtime versions.

Looks like a great addition for the park!

The Funtime versions are usually a lot taller, so that is most likely the reason.

^I've always found it interesting how the entire tower turns on the Zamperla and ARM versions of the ride as opposed to the Funtime versions.

Looks like a great addition for the park!

The Funtime versions are usually a lot taller, so that is most likely the reason.

Patent/Trademark Infringement would the the Other.

Maybe someone here can help. I'm trying to get an idea of the cheapest place to get tickets at is.

so if you went last year (or have seen tickets this year) where did you get your tickets and how much were they?

Maybe someone here can help. I'm trying to get an idea of the cheapest place to get tickets at is.

so if you went last year (or have seen tickets this year) where did you get your tickets and how much were they?

You can get a season pass on their website which pays for itself after two visits but I have no clue where to get the cheapest if you only want one visit. The sale for the passes ends tonight I believe btw

If you plan on going at least twice, get season passes. The promotional price of $69.95 ends TODAY at 11:59 PM ET. You also now get free parking with a season pass.

Otherwise the best bet would be Kroger.

The only place that I know of to get tickets other than at the KY Kingdom gate is at Kroger. A daily ticket is going to run you around $40 there. It's overpriced for a daily visit and is priced to drive people to getting a season pass. Don't forget that if you don't have the season pass, you will have to pay the $8 for parking as well.

Quick question for all the Locals:

Im heading on a trip this July with 3 friends and we are planning on stopping by the park on July 25, in the evening. I usually go through one of my discount companies, but none of them have anything for the park. Does anyone know of a discount voucher (say at a local chain store) or if there is a late entry discount to the park? We are staying at a hotel near by (Days Inn Lousville) and are coming in from Dollywood and leaving for Holiday world the next day.

Thanks!

Quick question for all the Locals:

Im heading on a trip this July with 3 friends and we are planning on stopping by the park on July 25, in the evening. I usually go through one of my discount companies, but none of them have anything for the park. Does anyone know of a discount voucher (say at a local chain store) or if there is a late entry discount to the park? We are staying at a hotel near by (Days Inn Lousville) and are coming in from Dollywood and leaving for Holiday world the next day.

Thanks!

I'm not aware of any local resellers that have discounted tickets. Right now, I don't think KK is in the position to be able to offer many big discounts on ticket prices. They do not offer a late entry discount either as they are never open past 9pm.

In regards to the many comments about ticket prices and season pass prices, KK is going to survive off locals for the next few years. They aren't going to draw enough people from out of town with their smaller ride selection than most regional parks. The pricing is meant to encourage people to purchase season passes and visit multiple times a year. Right now, I would assess the value of the park at about $25 a day at most unless you can dedicate most of your time to the water park.

The pricing really hurts those guests that want to visit from out of town, but it is what it is. I would recommend more people travel to ride Lightning Run because it really is that great of a ride, but as of now, it's hard to sell people on a $30-$40 ticket for a park that they can visit for 3-4 hours and ride much of what they want and leave.

Finally, if you are from out of town and you really want to ride Lightning Run as a part of your "Coaster Tour" (which you should) I would recommend using Louisville as a "Rest Day." Go to the park, ride the coasters in the morning and spend the rest of the day at the water park relaxing, if you can. It's the only way, I see, to justify the cost of a daily ticket.

how bad were June Saturdays last season?

They were a bit heavy, but manageable. It's hard to predict how the crowd will disperse with all of the new rides opening up across the park, but you aren't going to see anything that's worse than Kings Island. Just anticipate waiting 30-60 minutes for the coasters. If you can get there at opening, you should be able to get a ride in on most of the coasters without problem.

The problem KK has with its coasters is that they aren't capacity monsters like Chang. Lightning Run has a slow load procedure and Thunder Run only runs one train due to no brake run. T2 was decent with crowds but still had a slow moving so I would expect T3 to be the same.

I saw it I forgot to respond. thank you! A friend ended up buying both of us season passes. That June 6th we will have 3 maybe 4 hours in the park before heading to KD we will make another trip during the summer maybe two.