TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2010 Trips Questionnaire!

All 3 trips sound awesome but being from the uk, i have an obvious 1st choice.

Would definitely be up for some tpr antics around the uk as i have not yet been able to join up with you guys on any trips. And after watching SO many videos, i am itching to go on one.

But fingers crossed that when 2010 comes along i shall be packing my bags for 10 days of anarchy with TPR!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i have a question...

will there possibly be the opportunity to visit any waterparks / waterpark sections of regular parks on the UK trip? (me loves water parks!)

im so glad i dont have to worry about saving like some people, as i have all the money already! good luck to people who do have to save though, you will probably feel like you earned it all more than me!

There’s Sandcastle across the road from Pleasure Beach too, but as you say Dave there aren’t many waterparks in the UK. That said, I’m pretty sure the TPR group were able to visit Cariba Creek on the 2006 UK trip.

But really if someone is looking for waterparks from a 2010 TPR trip then Mid-America would probably be the one to do! There will be quite a few on that trip!

There are plenty more trips being discussed then what was on the Big 'Second' Questionnaire.

We kind of focused the second questionnaire on the 'bigger' trips that are planned. If we're still doing three trips a year Oktoberfest would easily be fit in one random year.

Other smaller trips being discussed but that were not on the list are Spain, Dubai, Mexico, etc.

Which water parks are you thinking of? The only one I know of is Cariba Creek / Whatever it's called now at Alton Towers...

yes, that i suppose but i think there are others in the London area (at least there was 7 years ago, maybe they closed ^^)

There’s Sandcastle across the road from Pleasure Beach too, but as you say Dave there aren’t many waterparks in the UK. That said, I’m pretty sure the TPR group were able to visit Cariba Creek on the 2006 UK trip.

But really if someone is looking for waterparks from a 2010 TPR trip then Mid-America would probably be the one to do! There will be quite a few on that trip!

i dont think i could go all the way to America! (nor could i justify the cost of flights!)

i dont think i could go all the way to America! (nor could i justify the cost of flights!)

My first TPR trip was in the States. It was one of the best things I ever did!

With regards to the cost, you'll probably find that once you add the trip cost to the traveling to start point costs that the US trip isn't that much more expensive than the UK one. Of course you should do the trip and parks that appeal to you most but you shouldn't dismiss the overseas trips right away just because of where they are!

You'll find that after you do one trip that the people who are doing future trips influence where you go a lot too. I'm still not 100% sure of which trip or trips I'm doing in 2010 though I'll probably have a good idea after I do Scandi.

i think i will see what happens on the UK trip before trying anywhere else, as i will be traveling alone for the 1st time (flying that is, from glasgow to london) i dont think i want my 1st flight to be overseas...

i have a feeling i will be going on more trips after UK though, as that seems to be the pattern (everyone getting addicted to TPR trips!)

I was looking forward to hear about a new UK trip (I'd like to stay at least on the same continent, as first time), but I should get my bachelor in CS engineering between April and July, so I guess I'll have to skip it...

That's unfair...

Sounds like you're getting a good degree. I think I'd rather have that, than 60 or so coaster credits!

I wasn't complaining about getting my degree, of course, but I've been reading TR for years, and the UK trip seemed a good one to start with.

I don't mind (well, not too much) about waiting some more, but that's a missed chance...

Are you guys ever going to come out to Australia? I promise the giant spiders won't eat you all. Haha

I think many of us are also afraid of Australians boring us to death by asking that same questions over and over.

Rest assured if there are more than a dozen coasters Robb and Elissa will get there eventually.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna go on a trip next year, but of course I'm hoping that it's gonna happen!

I think that I'm only able to join a trip within July, and I prefer the Middle America Trip rather than Brazil and UK. I think UK would be expensive, but still I choose UK rather than Brazil.

Im sure that an experience like a trip wuld be my best experience ever

ok, my 99% has just been changed to 100% because my holiday this year has just been canceled because of my psycotic sister (we were going to Great Yarmouth) i am so down in the dumps right now, because that means no coaster action till next year!

UK trip for me next year. I'm glad there's an estimated price for this one. I was going to try for the scandi trip this year, got the passport and everything, but ended up, not thinking I would have enough money by that time; turns out i'm way better at saving money than I thought. The only reason I put that I cannot commit now is because I'm going to be a senior at Rowan University and on the off chance that I get a job straight out of college. I'm just glad that the deposit is relatively low, if I do some how get a career right out of college I can afford, (even though I would hate to) the deposit I guess would be about $200?. Or maybe I should have said that I'm ready to commit if putting a deposit on it is commitment?

On a side note, I would really love to go to Fantasy Island, there's something about a giant SLC that excites me, if it's not on the trip, I guess i'll just arrive a day earlier, rent a car and go.

^^ Yup! I hate it when the trips end, but I love the little "info on next years trips" bit that R&E give the group! Filling out the questionnaire made me very happy indeed!

Starting this week I got a $1.35 per hour raise, so affording a trip on the scale of the East Coast trip should be no problem!

That's amazing dude! You got a raise when some people are finding it hard to just hold down a job!

Hopefully I'll see you on on Mid-America!

Dave