TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, in case anyone will be able to attend there will be a event for the Blue Streak's 75th birthday. Come eat cake and ride the Streak! Work is continually being done to the coaster during non operating days and it shows, Its running faster and smoother than I have ever seen. Hope to see everyone there! There will also be some major announcement about a forthcoming improvement to the park that is very hush hush at the moment.

1005556_377764302325737_884587181_n.thumb.jpg.d2da67cbc07e0d98f43165597c49509b.jpg

Coming up to the park on Thursday. Going to be a very busy day, as we're going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame until 1 PM, then going to Conneaut and Waldameer for the rest of the day. Going to be a struggle to get it all in, but we'll manage. I see that Conneaut closes at 9 PM, but that's dependent on attendance and weather. Do they close early often? Thinking of going to Conneaut first just in case.

Call ahead to make sure they'll be open, park will close early for lousy weather on weekdays to avoid losing too much $$$. Also since you'll be right next to it, consider using a hour to visit the USS Cod museum that's literally right down the road from the rock hall. Totally restored to original condition WW2 submarine.

I'm going to stop by Monday July 15th, late after going to Waldameer. I know there is virtually no sample size since they have only been open one Monday thus far, but is there a good chance that will go smoothly if I'm trying to stop by 7, 7:30 for an hour or so? Like have they been pretty good overall of keeping the park open until close at 9 when the weather is nice?

Some interesting news from Conneaut Lake Park:

Sounds interesting, what are everyone's thoughts?

ymlp.com/zxW5SF

CALL TO ACTION:

TV PROJECT HELPING TO SAVE CONNEAUT LAKE PARK

The Trustees of Conneaut Lake Park have been approached by the Travel Channel to be a part of a new and exciting show about amusement parks. We believe this project will start a new chapter in the park’s story by adding a few new elements while preserving the integrity of this beloved site.

The Board of Trustees and the company producing this show, Lusid Media needs you. We are calling all volunteers, organizations, businesses, and interested parties: We need your help! The time is now to show your support by leaving an indelible mark on the park’s history with donations of time and/or resources.

WHEN: The revitalization begins Monday, July 29th – Saturday, August 3rd. You can donate as much time as you are able. We need volunteers around the clock to make these plans become a reality.

WHAT: We need skills in all disciplines such as, but not limited to: landscaping, painting, light construction, etc… We are also looking for material donations as well including lumber, paint, fabric, etc…

WHERE: Conneaut Lake Park, of course!

WHO: YOU!! and your friends, and...

If interested, please contact Skye De Moya at skyeldemoya@gmail.com Please do not call the Park office.

WHY: What better way to spend a summer day than at the park you love so dearly? You may also end up on TV!

All your hard work will be rewarded with a party (that will be filmed for the show) on the evening of the 3rd. We will show off the park’s features and most importantly have a ton of fun! We hope that you can join us.

Conneaut Lake is a park with potential, but it still needs quite a bit of work (really enjoyed my visit there with Erik last June). I hope this show will help.

Be smart and choose the front of the train or regret it for life.

Come on, now... give Blue Streak more credit than that. Yes, when it first reopened the back seat was rather "unfun", but now it's just great! Or, choose the middle seat in the back car if you'd rather a slightly smoother ride... but either way, the back of the train is very much bearable at this point and gives some awesome negative Gs!

Be smart and choose the front of the train or regret it for life.

Come on, now... give Blue Streak more credit than that. Yes, when it first reopened the back seat was rather "unfun", but now it's just great! Or, choose the middle seat in the back car if you'd rather a slightly smoother ride... but either way, the back of the train is very much bearable at this point and gives some awesome negative Gs!

I'm basing it on my 2011 trip. All of the dips were rough and barely tolerable. I actually credit Blue Streak for screwing up my Moms back.

I visited Conneaut yesterday for a quick two hours. The parking arrangement is sort of confusing as it stands now. I did not see any specific signs pointing toward a lot. It would certainly be awesome if one day, they got the main entrance running again.

Regardless, upon arriving my friend and I rode Devil's Den, which was a very neat experience honestly. Just a fun time. All the scares were working though it could have used some more noise throughout the ride. We then went to Blue Streak where we got two consecutive rides in the front and then back. The ride was actually fairly smooth and the first two hills provide decent airtime. A very solid woodie, indeed. The ride operator was extremely kind and suggested his favorite rows. Upon exiting Blue Streak, we rode the Tumble Bug which was recently reopened. My home park is Kennywood and this Tumble Bug was flying. I was actually being popped out of my seat. We then went to the Bumper Cars, and although it didn't especially matter for such an empty day, it was disappointing that only five cars were working. We rode the Paratroopers next, because we had walked over that way for the Fliers which were closed for the day, as was the Train. We took two more laps on Blue Streak and headed out.

My overall impression was of a park that is trying to get better but needs support. A lot of the employees were painting and working a ride, because of how few people were there. There was a gentlemen blowing leaves off the midway, as well. It looks like they're trying to fix what they can. If some of the rides got new paint jobs and the park got some exposure, I think they could seriously bring in some guests. There were only ten cars by 3:00 PM yesterday when we left. I'm glad I got to go and hope to see reports of the clean up day and what the park looks like after the week of work.