TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 at Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, while my 3 year old daughter was waiting below at "Rapids Camp", Some Jack A.. who was on Tatsu with us decided to allow his teenage kids to cuss up a storm whilst riding Tatsu with us - Mom and Dad of the underlying Daughter mentioned above - and this was extremely disappointing. We "tailed" the "DAD" of these one or two deviant kids for a few minutes after riding to see if they got reprimanded at all for their extreme potty-mouth whilst on the ride. (They got nothing less than ENCOURAGEMENT afterwards - I might add...) Anyway, I hope that all the adult chaperones out there who plan on attending this year will discourage their kids from screaming obscenities at the tops of their lungs while cruising through the gee forces that are supposed to be enjoyable on the rides this year... You people with teenagers riding with you really need to jerk the choke collars once in a while...

Okay, now that that's out of the way, kudos to the other 99.999% of the TPR'rs who behave appropriately on the annual outing. Thank you all for your mature and responsible behaviour. I just hope that some day it will become socially acceptable to publicly reprimand the 0.0001% of the public who make no attempt to repair the trash caused by the extreme few. Sorry for the crap talk but I just had to let it fly - in much the same way as the inconsiderate family that I had the displeasure of riding Tatsu with last year...may they not attend this year.

... On to the next poster and forget I ever said anything at all... (downer posts suck, you know)

Last year, while my 3 year old daughter was waiting below at "Rapids Camp", Some Jack A.. who was on Tatsu with us decided to allow his teenage kids to cuss up a storm whilst riding Tatsu

Was this during ERT? If so, I'm really surprised that this happened with the group that attended the event last year. It really is a great family atmosphere. What a bummer that you found the one bad apple.

Last year, while my 3 year old daughter was waiting below at "Rapids Camp", Some Jack A.. who was on Tatsu with us decided to allow his teenage kids to cuss up a storm whilst riding Tatsu with us "

That is totally unacceptable behavior. If he was a TPR member he should be banned from future TPR events. I personally would have said something to him like "I'll bet your really proud of your son using foul language around kids" and have told Robb also.

Last year, while my 3 year old daughter was waiting below at "Rapids Camp", Some Jack A.. who was on Tatsu with us decided to allow his teenage kids to cuss up a storm whilst riding Tatsu with us "

That is totally unacceptable behavior. If he was a TPR member he should be banned from future TPR events. I personally would have said something to him like "I'll bet your really proud of your son using foul language around kids" and have told Robb also.

Exactly. If you were able to follow them you could have at least got a look at their badges and posted a "review" of the behavior when you got home.

Yeah, I should've gotten a better look at their badges. We figured my daughter was too young to copycat their language yet, so we let 'em go after the bottom of the ramp. (Oh, and it was during morning ERT, about 20-30 min before general public came in.) Still though, you can't isolate your kids from the real world forever... especially at a place like SFMM where everybody's jaded to the entertainment industry's continuous portrayals of sex, drugs, smoking, intolerance, violence, selfishness, destruction, and yes—cursing.

Looking forward to this year's event, and next year's when the new "woodie" should be up and running.

^Yeah I totally understand where you're coming from on all accounts.

It sucks hearing stuff like that, but you also can't expect your children to be sheltered forever. KT is almost two and quite the talker, when Robb trips over something and says 'dammit' she repeats it. We then sit down and try to explain to her that it was wrong to say that and she shouldn't repeat it.

We hang out at Theme Parks and with younger adults quite often so it's really going to be up to us personally to make sure she understands what's right and wrong...kind of like the parents of those kids cursing should have taught them at a young age!

She's actually been on 10 'true' coasters plus 3 Jeff Johnson Credits. (powereds, alpine coasters, etc.)

She's currently allowed on two credits at SFMM, but I haven't put her on them yet. I'm waiting on Percy since she would have to ride by herself and that freaks me out a bit, and the other kiddie would be her biggest kiddie yet, so maybe we'll try it out at West Coast Bash!