TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR TV - Soft Opening - Beta Testing - Technical Rehersal!

TPRTV is a great new feature!

Thank you for making this new feature, also for adding the "Download Original Video" feature. If I like the video I like to save them to my hard drive, then make a DVD full of them so I can watch them over and over when I want. This feature is what makes TPRTV much better than YouTube.

Also I was just wondering why you changed the color of the TPR logo for TPRTV? The P=blue, and the R=red, but your Theme Park Review Logo is T=green, P=red, R=blue. Any reason behind this change? No big deal, but I was just wondering.

Thank You Robb and Elissa for making this new feature.

Keep up the good work guys.

One thing that does bother me a tad is how slow the videos buffer. Is there any way to reduce this amount of time spent loading and buffering the videos? Other than that, it's all fantastic work!

Very good question!

Let me ask this to others - are you seeing any lag in the buffer or the videos playing? On my system most videos download and play very quickly and there is no lag or buffering issues, but I'm curious to know those who are having problems what your internet connection is.

--Robb

The same vid has been loading/buffering/whatever for about five minutes. I am not sure how to check my internet speed but for comparrison sake I opened another window and loaded a youtube episode of Roseanne in a few seconds. Then went back and refreshed your new site and its been 5 minutes again and nothing.

The first vid I watched (the Pipeline POV) loaded quickly. The one that won't load is an RCT creation vid. I then moved to Big Bad Wolf POV and it became watchable fairly quick but it took awhile for the full vid to load so I could watch it without stopping. The RCT one just didn't load at all or make any apparent progress.

I use this speed test to check my connection when I'm having trouble or want to test something.

And on a totally unrelated note (well, it's sort of related), I always like to recommend the VLC Media Player for playing back videos on my computers. I love it because it has played every video file I throw at it, and seems very stable. Just tossing that one out there.

dt

Looks great Robb!

The one tiny thing I can think of as a suggestion, and it's really not all that huge of a suggestion, is to add the note: "NOTE! Onride footage in this video has been shot by an experienced ride photographer yadda yadda..." And maybe put it on the front page as well. I know you've got it below the videos themselves, but the front page at the bottom wouldn't hurt. I think it's kinda important to stress that idea.

But seriously, this is great. Even more distractions from things I should be doing, like studying. Good job!

From my experience of uploading onto TPRTV I have learnt that the first upload is usually the one that has a session expire on.

When a session expires it usually logs you out, so all you need to do is log back on and upload again and it should work.

Time outs are hit and miss for the moment in my experience.

You Tube makes my internet come up with a error message saying "this program has encountered a problem and needs to close" and then the internet closes off. Has any of you had this problem before? It is really annoying to not be able to ever go on you tube any more.

It might just be my computer, but TPR TV is running incredibly slow right now. As in I turn to a video, click play, pause and then wait five full minutes, play the video, then it stops to load some more at 19 seconds.

It might just be because I have The Sims 2 on my computer. I hear that makes internet run incredibly slow.

TPRTV is great! There are a few things I would change, though.

1. Move the categories from "TPRTV Categories" to the drop down list to the right of the search bar. This way when we are searching for a particular park we can just type the park name, then choose park video from the drop down list to get only videos of that park. If we want videos of rides from that park, then we would choose roller coaster video instead of park video.

2. Make the pictures clickable also, because I'm used to clicking the picture instead of the link.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll be sure to say something when/if I can think of anything else.

I may have found a link error.

I was browsing around and clicked on an Italian Job POV video, but the link took me to an unrelated video of an Italian park (Movie Studios Park Canevaworld to be exact) by a different user. I tried several different ways of getting to the video, but anytime I click on the link with the name and screenshot, it takes me to the other video.

Sorry about the partial screenshots, but it still gets the point across.

942615040_Picture3.png.c1a5cd9dd6fc4d91e5b094688936751a.png

...And it takes me to this video by "*Chris*" (which, by the way, is a good video in its own right). Apparently the Italian Job video is the only one by the Linde user, but I can't access it from anywhere.

1669899944_Picture1.png.eb4d238523b442313b018ddf50e53c7a.png

So I click on that "Italian Job CW" video by "xX-Linde-Xx"...

Hey TPR!

This is THE coolest thing since sliced bread. I know you guys are super busy, but I'd love to ask you some tech/behind-the-scenes questions about this. But on with my testing result.

I uploaded a video (WMV format) and the conversion process was BLAZING FAST INSTANT!

Playing video is also fast, awesome server response!

Will play with it more later when I have time, but this is just sheer awesomeness.

I may have found a link error.

I was browsing around and clicked on an Italian Job POV video, but the link took me to an unrelated video of an Italian park (Movie Studios Park Canevaworld to be exact) by a different user. I tried several different ways of getting to the video, but anytime I click on the link with the name and screenshot, it takes me to the other video.

Thank you, That was a weird one. The picture was correct but the movie was wrong. I re uploaded the movie. It should be fixed now.

Bob